PM Prayut to be targeted in Opposition onslaught in censure debate

webfact

PM to be targeted in Opposition onslaught in censure debate 

Prayuth-File-Photo3.png

File photo

The Opposition has identified Prime Minister Prayut as the main target of its no-confidence debate because he is the head of the Government and its economic team and in charge of national security, Mr Phumtham Wechayachai, advisor to the Opposition leader said in his Facebook post today (Friday).

Thailand is now beset by several crises. Some were caused by external factors while others were caused by the Government’s incompetence in handling crucial problems, such as drought, economic problems, the PM2.5 dust pollution and the novel coronavirus, said Phumtham.

“What Thai society is facing today are the risks confronted by the country, which is under the administration of an incompetent government in which the majority of people have lost confidence,” said the former Pheu Thai secretary-general, adding that it does not matter what the outcome of the vote is because the Opposition will be outvoted anyway.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-to-be-targeted-in-opposition-onslaught-in-censure-debate/

thaipbs.jpg

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Better to have TS and YS back then?

The young car parts mogul and the rabble in red could do a far better job for the non elite.   The country had more opportunity back when the reds were in office, and they were elected fairly.   We can only hope the tinpot in government house now will sufficiently embarrass the elites to end military rule.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“What Thai society is facing today are the risks confronted by the country, which is under the administration of an incompetent government in which the majority of people have lost confidence,”

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is now beset by several crises. Some were caused by external factors while others were caused by the Government’s incompetence in handling crucial problems, such as drought, economic problems, the PM2.5 dust pollution and the novel coronavirus

In a nut-shell I'd say that's correct.

On 1/31/2020 at 4:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

Anytime an opportunity arises to target this extremely incompetent man, the public or an opposition party should take advantage. He is running down the nation, decimating the tourism industry and sabotaging the economy. He deserves to be kicked out in a very inglorious manner. 

Forlorn hope I'm afraid. If he got his backside kicked out (which I agree it should be), the people who *really* run the country will just organise another coup to protect their income: *all* of the people who really run the country... Thailand never learns the lessons of history, they just re-imagine the history.

17 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Forlorn hope I'm afraid. If he got his backside kicked out (which I agree it should be), the people who *really* run the country will just organise another coup to protect their income: *all* of the people who really run the country... Thailand never learns the lessons of history, they just re-imagine the history.

I disagree. All of the "previous moral authority" that existed here, is gone, baby gone. So, if the army attempted another coup, I really would expect the people would finally say no, and rise up. At that point, I do not think the army has it within them to slaughter the masses. I think they would finally step aside, if the masses really made it known, just how much they despise the utterly useless army, and the leaders.