EU leaders remind Britain: No membership, no benefits

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, david555 said:

So you go welcome all those U.K. pensioners from Europe also ?….., what I read before about the WA act that was this the only thing they settled by law already ….by  both sides ,...for both sides citizens , who are  arranging before x date the needed papers .

Besides the coming trade talks 

UK pensioners, who live in Spain and other parts of the EU will no longer enjoy the ability to use local healthcare system, if there is no deal about it. 

Their options are to get quite expensive private health schemes, or return back to UK to be treated by the NHS. 

I wonder how the famous amount of extra 350 million per week for the NHS can cover the forthcoming costs. I hope it can cope as otherwise the pensioners will be <deleted>. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Europeans, who used to come to England, were more often than not, in their prime working age. Doing tasks, the English were too fancy to do. 

I guess those people, who live on benefits are not so much EU citizens, but from elsewhere. Brexit doesn't affect their status.

Furthermore, after Brexit, there is no longer need for France to keep the asylum seekers reaching Britain, unless of course UK pays a good amount for this specific security service. 

No , because rejected asylum seekers get an doc. order to leave the country …., now they can hold them against leaving to another member country (legally) , but not to leave to a non member , they may leave  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

UK pensioners, who live in Spain and other parts of the EU will no longer enjoy the ability to use local healthcare system, if there is no deal about it. 

Their options are to get quite expensive private health schemes, or return back to UK to be treated by the NHS. 

I wonder how the famous amount of extra 350 million per week for the NHS can cover the forthcoming costs. I hope it can cope as otherwise the pensioners will be <deleted>. 

about  what I read on newspaper , this would already be included in the WA  which both sides signed an be under international law , providing the individuals from both sides  do the proper paperwork , and so this would be the only thing finally decided . Even when no deal 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I admit, I have not checked this properly. What I understood is that WA covers mostly what happens during the transition period. If there is no-deal brexit after 11 months, all becomes blur. 

Also, if there is no-deal, I predict that the sisterly love between both sides, will turn more nasty than we have seen in past decades. "You are not one of us" on both sides, will become more visible and outspoken idea. One more fishing incident, there has already been, can turn bad, unless adults are doing realpolitik.

But after couple of years situation will soften again. 

No, the WA  was most important for how the leaving would be finalized , the U.K. would liked that the future relations would be included , especially the trade .

Clever enough the E.U. have always insisted this would be a separate part .

But for the people on both soils they made already arrangements , on condition they do the proper paperwork , however up to Dec.2020 nothing changes , but after 2020 ,example some can change . Things are arranged now , the medical part would be agreed by U.K. for the pensioners , but after 2020 they can stay where they have already legal residence in E.U. , BUT no freedom to go to another country in E.U  automatically like now, but example with proper requests as …..visa or work permit or whatever is needed . This like it stands now .Those arrangements would count for life on the current status .

However refused or illegal immigrants from wherever that is a ?????

Monday more clarity as bothe sides go on same timing on each their own country ground ( !?) make clear the negotiation line from each other

her ….. maybe better like in the old days  let them have a duel  ….lol

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Why would we cancel it? Best thing to happen to the UK for decades.

Big Ben won't bong, an amusing reminder to all Brexiteers of how salty and small minded the Remain civil service is ????.

Ah yes of course. Its the civil service. You could all have put your hands in your pockets to ensure that Big Ben actually rung.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why would we cancel it? Best thing to happen to the UK for decades.

Big Ben won't bong, an amusing reminder to all Brexiteers of how salty and small minded the Remain civil service is ????.

I don't know why England would cancel Brexit. It's simply still possible to do so. 

I understood that there were less than required 100.000 pounds donated by the exited brexit supporters to make the necessary preparations to make the Big Ben Bong. 

I'm sure Small John will make a noise of his own, once the time come.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Oho..., that's not nice Mr president on their celebration Brexit day ….

Daniel Boffey in Brussels

Fri 31 Jan 2020 05.00 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/31/trump-will-put-us-interests-first-in-trade-talks-says-kim-darroch-ambassador

Trump will insist NHS pays more for drugs in trade deal, says ambassador

Exclusive: President will put US firms first in UK trade talks, says Kim Darroch

Donald Trump will put the interests of corporate America first and demand that the NHS pays higher prices for US drugs in a free-trade deal with the UK, the outgoing British ambassador to Washington has told the Guardian.

Kim Darroch, in his first interview since his resignation from his post in July, from where he spearheaded attempts to grow trade with the US, insisted that Trump would reward his backers in drug firms and farming communities by opening up British markets, while questioning where the UK’s gains would be found.

So, the fiercely pro-EU and anti-Trump Kim Darroch speaks about Trump making Brexit difficult? What a surprise... ????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So, the fiercely pro-EU and anti-Trump Kim Darroch speaks about Trump making Brexit difficult? What a surprise... ????

Oh...probably fake news as always...as ambassador he probably understood his usa contacts wrongly ,that must be sure the brexiteers version .....so the real  things would maybe lying just in the middle...??????....time will tell .....

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, david555 said:
23 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Oh...probably fake news as always...as ambassador he probably understood his usa contacts wrongly ,that must be sure the brexiteers version .....so the real  things would maybe lying just in the middle...??????....time will tell .....

Call it fake news, call it what you like.  But Kim Darroch making negative Trump / Brexit comments is about as predictable as night following day. He loathes Trump, and he loathes Brexit! 

• Like 2

Like in many things...the UK will will on some sides and loose on the others, on leaving the mafia ridden UE....so no big deal. Bravo however to have clinged on till the end and leave...brave for sure !...now wonder what's gonna happen to the UK$ ?....will investors as usual rush and buy strong, healthy and reliable Swiss Francs (CHF) ?

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Just as no-deal exit Brexit collapsed and a deal was made with the EU, the markets are expecting a trade deal to be made between the UK and the EU by the end of any transitional period whether the end of this year or further on. All the rest is sabre-rattling for the rest of the year, particularly from the no-deal Brexiteers who still fancy the idea of driving off the cliff.

I'll have a sportsman's bet with you: Off the Brexit Cliff and into the arms of the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party is what I think the plan is. We'll see...

Edit: At best, a couple of quick back of a napkin arrangements with the EU at the last minute.

Edited by baboon
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1