Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

I don't agree with many things my ex-wife said, but this is so true and I never forget it:

If you point with ONE finger on others, you point with THREE fingers on yourself.

So how about it, clever minister, shouting while not wearing a mask.... at who are you pointing most????

1 minute ago, monkfish said:

I went out shopping yesterday with the Mrs i was wearing a mask but only saw a few Thai's wearing one even those serving FOOD! No mask no gloves.

People rarely uses gloves correctly, they keep on them on handling food, money, blowing hteir noses, wiping tables. The hand hygiene and glove ettiquttte is almost zero not only in Thailand but in many countries 

Anutin is the son of Chavarat Charnvirakul, former Minister of the Interior

Anuthin was formerly an engineer, and has worked in many private companies including the position of Managing Director of Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction Public Company Limited. His has over the years been a member of many political parties such as the National Development Party, Thai Rak Thai Party and as leader of the Bhumjaithai Party.[3]

You can see that he has all the medical skills necessary to be Minister of Health, so he knows better than all of  you why to wear a mask.????

10 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

He himself doesn’t wear mask and this epidemic didn’t start in the Farangland. Also Farangs are not the ones who brought this Coronavirus to Thailand. It is compulsory for the Chinese looking people to wear masks. He also looks like a Chinese to me.

Thai Chin as almost all of the Thai elite are.

20 hours ago, rkidlad said:

So much wrong with what just came out of this little man's mouth. That was extremely racist and xenophobic. Very ugly to see a person of his stature in the government talking like this. 

I'm guessing some 'white people' said no when he offered them a mask. I'm guessing they may have refused to be in a picture. He's obviously lost face and just let words come out of his mouth in a fit of anger.

He asked Thai people to help kick out foreigners who don't wear masks. Let that sink in. A man who said this virus is like a common cold, who said stopping people coming in from mainland China won't make a difference, a man who's been seen in pictures with people who were ill not wearing a mask - has the audacity to tell people to help roundup people who don't accept his crappy masks and kick them out.

This man is one of the top men helping run this country. God help Thailand. 

And God help us farang living under such people rules????

• Like 1

Farangs who understand Thailand and Thai culture would have accepted the offer of face masks even if they had no intention of wearing them. To refuse an offer of this kind is considered boorish and rude, and causes loss of face. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, mike787 said:

He does not care about the virus, he cares much more about telling us foreigners how he really feels and his wish to see us either die or get out of thailand...

"Does not care" - unfortunately this is a baseless remark.

What is miuch more likely to be the case is that like som many politicians in Thailand, he has achieved his position through methods other than merit and is simply not up to understanding the situation.

There is stupid, very stupid and then there is racist.

It is also unfortunate that so many of the posts on this thread have lowered themselves to this level too......

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and they are much better at it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel55 said:

Another corrupted, racsist ignorant who hates white people. If Farrang people will leave Thailand, Thai people lose income. 

BTW, why Thai government will not cut connections with China and will not "kick out" Chinese people from Thailand? Finally China is responsible for this disaster, not Farrang people.

Huge number of Thai folk are of Chinese descent...????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

image.png.78e3f4c44a4017ed7754f1fb786e4d2b.png 

I think that I would prefer to follow advice from medical experts such as the World Health Organisation rather than this ignorant little man

I would gladly send that on his own Facebook page If I don't do it, it's just for fear of retaliation!

• Like 2

In this country never an ambassador dares to make the slightest remark, they do not give a damn about everything concerning their fellow citizens, it must be too good a hideout to be ambassador in Thailand unlike some other countries.????

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Farangs who understand Thailand and Thai culture would have accepted the offer of face masks even if they had no intention of wearing them. To refuse an offer of this kind is considered boorish and rude, and causes loss of face. 

This is very true and i suspect maybe the reason he was angry, my Mrs accepts every handout even if she doesn't want it just as not to hurt their feelings.
It's a bit strange but true. However he was out of order to say those things with no excuse and should apologize.

Edited by monkfish
  • Like 1

This man is facing his worst nightmare:

• there is a dearth of good information about the disease, and a lot of disinformation
  • he is responsible for the well-being of his nation, and will be measured on how well he did

He seems to believe that the masks, which are designed to keep sick people from spreading germs, will be effective in reducing infection from someone else's germs.  Western authorities advise that washing hands is useful, but these masks are not.

He claims masks are being handed out, but I have yet to see any of that, perhaps because I am not in a tourist area.

I can understand an outburst like this when provoked by the big worry he faces, but as an official, he should be more balanced to be effective in his job.  Meanwhile, Thailand's number of cases remains at 25, most of whom were Chinese, and a few Thais, but no others, so his anger with farang is misplaced.  Kicking them out will not likely improve the disease numbers, but will hurt the economy even more.

Edited by Subin Boston
  • Like 1