Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ParkerN said:

True. While I'm sure everyone will sympathise with the victims (and particularly their families), this kind of problem will continue to occur. It's a part of the fragmentation of Thai society, whih we know is happening. When wais and nice words no longer work, this kind of thing is inevitable. I bet the guy is up to his ears in government-encouraged debt, probably his wife has  boyfriend, he has a girlfriend. End of his tether - can no longer cope with the changes in Thai culture I'll bet. Perhaps he's a nutter in which case, why was he allowed to get in the army? But I suspect the former, societal pressures.

Being a soldier though, that's going to require some diversionary work from Prayuth and Prawit. wait and watch - it's coming.

Being a soldier though, that's going to require some diversionary work from Prayuth and Prawit. wait and watch - it's coming.

Interesting. Prayuth and Prawit. Wait and watch. Rolex? The main characteristics of them?

Unfortunately, people had to wait too long now.

My sincere condolences to those who have lost a loved one.  

It's pretty sad that innocent shoppers had/have to die. RIP. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Sounds good in theory but dogs dont have thumbs and cant open doors etc. 

Dogs are trained to work in close quarters with there handler, not search a 5 story mega mall

I disagree that they can not search the mall.  The dogs sniffers work quite well and could be very useful.  And if the police have some closed ares they think the guy may be in, well that is when you open the door and send in the dog.  Of course they can't open doors, but they sure will point to the door the guy went through or may be behind.

Thai mass shooter killed at shopping mall - security sources

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai security forces on Sunday killed a soldier after he carried out a shooting rampage that left at least 21 people dead, police and military sources said.

They said he had been killed at the shopping mall where he was holed up in the northeastern city of Nakhon Ratchasima.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-02-09
  • Thanks 2

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai security forces on Sunday killed a soldier after he carried out a shooting rampage that left at least 21 people dead, police and military sources said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-shooting-death/thai-mass-shooter-killed-at-shopping-mall-security-sources-idUSKBN203025?il=0

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I think you will see Thailand intensify its efforts to censor internet traffic, throttle the information choke points etc.   So unless one has direct satellite connection,

Maybe, maybe not.. ( I don't care )

We will return to what the world was before 1992 ..
We have managed to survive a few decades without internet, we will succeed again if that happens.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tifino said:

if he has NV on, then hit the Mains Power ON... and he'll be albeit temporarily dazzled!

Forget the movies. NV systems have a cut off when subjected to a bright light source. If they didn't then the 'works' would get burned out.

In a mall it will be tube lights that tend to flicker a bit before coming fully on so plenty of time for the system to switch off and for the wearer to get them off.

Anyway it now seems to be over.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

He had hostages since yesterday evening, doesnt matter how big the army or police force is, once its a hostage situation its not an instant solution.

Not sure that's right the hostage situation was resolved hours ago. It went on far too long but thank God he's DEAD.