SURVEY: Would you report an overstayer?

Scott

SURVEY: Would you report an overstayer?  

559 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Its all just a money spinner and some countries milk it more than others.

People should be allowed to travel where they want and providing they are law abiding etc, live where they choose without being constantly asked for payment and inconvenienced with pointless tasks.

I'm sure many would agree with your sentiments. That is of course until it is happening in their homeland.

Exactly how many posts do we see on here complaining about immigration in Farangland?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

Obviously, Matzzon is still asleep:whistling:

No, I am not asleep. I have been having a revelation. It feels like being born again. As having a new chance on life. I will not throw this one away. Of course I will never report an overstayer. That would be a very bad thing to do. I mean, what business is that of mine? Why would I make another persons life miserable? From now on I am going to dedicate my life to doing good things, and to be a guardian light as well as a road to righteousness. 

I would definitely never report an overstayer. The fact that I have no problem staying here is totally pointless, due to that other might have to fight for their chance in paradise. I wish all and everybody a long stay in Thailand on whatever kind of visa you might have. I also sincerely hope that you will be able to live long and be happy in Thailand whether or not you have a valid visa or not. Like I say, It´s just not my thing to judge.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

For me overstaying is a misdemeanor, just as petty theft is, so I guess I'd report it but only if I had reason that it was a deliberate abuse of the Immigration system. As citizens we have duty to contribute to law enforcement wherever we can.

Welcome to the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

From time to time i see homeless farang in Pattaya beach road opposite mike shopping mall, for these guys it's a matter of time and reporting them would probably be a good thing all round. I haven't done but wouldn't blame anyone else in these circumstances

If these homeless farangs are not bothering anyone, why should anyone want to report them?

No its not my job to work for immigration.

I dont even know why anyone needs a visa at all. There is no govt safety net, if you cant afford to stay its not exactly the country of choice to be poor. There should be no such thing as overstay.

So just let anyone in as they arent any drain on the country. Im talking of holiday makers and retirees. Those wanting work need visas.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No, because he would probably only get fined and/or a short jail sentence then be on the road to endanger peoples lives again.

True, but if you report him for DUI, the cops will need to see his passport ... done deal :whistling:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If these homeless farangs are not bothering anyone, why should anyone want to report them?

A recent one that was there must have had mental issues, banged his head, black eye at one point, bruise, maybe just dementia, needed help from himself, leaving him there wouldn't help him at all. Haven't seen him for maybe 3 weeks so probably taken away

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I'm sure many would agree with your sentiments. That is of course until it is happening in their homeland.

Exactly how many posts do we see on here complaining about immigration in Farangland?

I dont live in my home country so dont care. I also dont care who retires there.

If working then get a visa. If holidaying or retiring in any country i say go for it, no visas, stay as long as you like.

That goes for my home country also. But only my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, I am not asleep. I have been having a revelation. It feels like being born again. As having a new chance on life. I will not throw this one away. Of course I will never report an overstayer. That would be a very bad thing to do. I mean, what business is that of mine? Why would I make another persons life miserable? From now on I am going to dedicate my life to doing good things, and to be a guardian light as well as a road to righteousness. 

I would definitely never report an overstayer. The fact that I have no problem staying here is totally pointless, due to that other might have to fight for their chance in paradise. I wish all and everybody a long stay in Thailand on whatever kind of visa you might have. I also sincerely hope that you will be able to live long and be happy in Thailand whether or not you have a valid visa or not. Like I say, It´s just not my thing to judge.

Whoa! :clap2:

Generally speaking, any westerner who would report a fellow westerner for overstaying his visa is a low rent rodent.  I'm not interested in receiving any comments from people who would report others for such a trivial matter, so please send your comments to other like minded rodents ????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Aren't you the guy that wants farangs on a 14 day overstay deported....?

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I doubt there are many Thai citizens voting in this survey.

Funny that, the OP never restricted the overstay to Thailand. And yes I am a citizen of three countries. But it seems that some people here seem to believe that any westerner is entitled to stay in Thailand,  whether they have the required credentials wouldn't matter. Probably due to some deeply entrenched superiority complex.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No, but you could overhear two farangs discussing it while sitting on their barstools.

How many Thais would  understand What they are talking about? As for me I wouldn't listen to anyones conversations , But that maybe be just me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

And how many of those we complain about are living off our home countries welfare?

As far as I'm concerned any foreigner who wants to live off outside earnings/savings in the UK is welcome.

Edited by BritManToo

6 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Not sure. Would you like to enlighten us?

Many of the posts I have seen also refer to "immigrants taking our jobs", etc, etc.

Which is why you deliberately misquoted me.

I'm certainly not taking any Thai jobs, been retired since day one out here

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

For me overstaying is a misdemeanor, just as petty theft is, so I guess I'd report it but only if I had reason that it was a deliberate abuse of the Immigration system. As citizens we have duty to contribute to law enforcement wherever we can.

And the RTP have an overwhelmingly larger duty in regards to law enforcement.

However their eagerness to turn a blind eye ( and hold out their hands) probably results in a fair number of serious minded criminals to remain in the country.

In that context I see nothing noble in reporting relatively innocent overstayers who are hurting nobody.

Edited by joecoolfrog
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Never ever would I report an overstayer! It's not my business, I'm no denunciator.

The people in their fancy BMW smart-cars have to do their job without me.

Agreed! There's no way I'd help Immigration do their job. The legal status of another foreigner is not my business. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bell1234 said:

So far 29% are Rats

And the rest are mafia obviously.

Simply put, if you know someone is on overstay and they are not simply a 'down on their luck' individual but someone that may be a danger to society... if you don't report them you are morally an accessory to anything he does after that point.   Yes, many police are corrupt, but both those corrupt police and others that do not - cannot ignore those that are a danger to society or it could come back to bite them further on if they were told and did nothing (moved to an inactive post like some who did this).  Policing does not work in isolation and requires community support to be effective (and like many countries have also learned requires community oversight as well).  Without that they tend to become ineffective...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

UKRules: 

"I would never report anyone. It's not my problem and I don't care what they (an overstayer) does.

It's not my business to get involved in someone else's business."

Let's cut to the chase: Overstaying is an illegal act. If you saw someone pickpocket another person, are you saying you would not tell anyone, even if the thief was hanging around and could be easily caught? 

If someone was mugged in front of you and the perpetrator was right there to be arrested, you would not "get involved"? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Never ever i would report somebody

two reason not my buissenes nor help this rediculous goverment

People doing that , i wish them the Pest............, people doing that maybe hate them selves too, and unhappy with them selves and their lives

i see 20 fully nuts people already here

ohh my good

Edited by lapamita