Pattaya: Foreigner found in the sea off Koh Larn: Neck was tied to rock to weigh down the body

webfact

1 minute ago, Jare said:

Everywhere you go your dreams can become a nightmare, just that in western countries there is more of an effort to prevent things like this happening. More often decline in the west is slow and lonely. In places like here, it can decline a lot quicker, whatever chain of events that led to this is.

Hit the nail on the head here. The amount of uncertainty many people here can be definitely attribute to these sort of events. 

Terribly sad. 

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Most guys I've known carry their phone and wallet in their pockets. It saves all that rummaging that women always seem to be doing every time their phone rings.

Most women i've seen, has the phone glued to their hand.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

imo it wasn't suicide and a bigger weight could have kept the body under..

If a murder then a bigger weight would possibly been effective at keeping the body underwater.  The smaller rock tends to prove the theory put forward by Moonlover as possibly true.  Bigger rock harder to float out on the lifejacket.

Bodies start to decompose after death and drowning victims tend to surface within 24-48 hours after death as the decomposition creates gases that make the corpse more buoyant.  The corpse will remain buoyant until the gases are released and the body will then sink and not return.

If a murder, then piercing of the stomach and chest cavity before dumping at sea usually ensures the body remains at the bottom.

• Like 1

Weight to neck and life jacket to legs: clearly wanted to have an appearance of a vertical sea weed growing from the sea bottom and mislead boaters in the area as usually bodies in water will position themselves horizontally, a murder. RIP !

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

imo it wasn't suicide and a bigger weight could have kept the body under..

Do expand on your theory a bit. Why would a criminal intent on concealing a body by sinking it in the sea attach a life jacket to it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Do expand on your theory a bit. Why would a criminal intent on concealing a body by sinking it in the sea attach a life jacket to it?

as usual the facts presented are designed to promote speculation hence more thread action $, there obviously isn't enough information for a theory expansion, this is just my opinion stated - I don't believe this is suicide..

1 hour ago, Jare said:

Everywhere you go your dreams can become a nightmare, just that in western countries there is more of an effort to prevent things like this happening. More often decline in the west is slow and lonely. In places like here, it can decline a lot quicker, whatever chain of events that led to this is.

Not really.

There were approx. 1.5 million attempt suicides in the US last year and close to 50,000 died.  It is an epidemic in the US they just do not advertise it every time it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If his hands were tied behind his back...suicide for sure.case closed.

RIP whoever you were.

regards Worgeordie

Hm, not sure if you are serious or cynical. In fact, some ppl who commit suicide like hanging themselves DO tie their own hands before suicide, to prevent themselves freeing.

Not sure, thats what you mean?

Edited by herwin1234
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

His hands were not tied to his back. i guess its just a cynical anti Thailand joke.

As somebody else pointed out, most likely its a suicide. So really no need for your sarcasm when somebody a fello farang took his own life.

I think you are mistaken, suicide made by foreigner is always done by jumping from balcony while being naked. 

6 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Hm, not sure if you are serious or cynical. In fact, some ppl who commit suicide like hanging themselves DO tie their own hands before suicide, to prevent themselves freeing.

They can tie them behind their backs? Or they do a step through? 

18 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

In the past,  the Thai police have said the person had 

committed suicide with their hands tied BEHIND their backs.case closed .

regards worgeordie

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

people who commit suicide usually leave a note or have a well known reason like a terminal illness that friends/family would understand

life jacket to feet rock to neck means it won't be long before his feet are floating and his head isn't 

The victims identity will be revealing if ever released

jury out on this one for me 

I suspect we will never find out the truth

Keep and eye out for anyone that has suddenly gone missing unexpectedly 

From experience in my previous job, suicide notes are not always the norm.  Mental illness - depression, Bi-Polar, Schitzophrenia, PTSD etc are contributing factors.  Underlying reasons are many - financial, relationships, job loss, illness, shame, etc.  

Suicides can be impulsive or planned.  RIP to the troubled man if the coronial outcome/police finding is suicide.  I won't speculate based solely off a local news report and attempt to solve the case as many often seem to be able to do!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Why would they give a murder victim a life jacket?

I was a bit confused by this at first. A rock tied to his neck and a life jacket by his feet. How puzzling.

Then the penny dropped. Float the rock out to sea in the life jacket, throw the rock overboard and down you go. I'll go for suicide. Very sad and somewhat disturbing that there are so many here.

And why do you think he needed a phone charger? Looking for a plug? RIP anyway 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I am happy to report the case is now closed.

Verdict: Murder by Suicide

Culprit: Pattaya 

Motive: Loss of face/Money Dispute/Stilted Lover/Bankruptcy

Proposed Sentence: One year without Chinese tourists

Maximum Sentence if Culprit Rejects the Verdict and Sentence: One year of Chinese tourists with Coronavirus

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I'm more surprised about there actually being a tourist at Koh Larn now that the Chinese hordes are gone, than there being a floater or two.

Another rather uninformed post. Why do you feel the need to post such rubbish. I go to Koh Larn once a month. A lovely placeif you know where to go. Not a chinese tourist in sight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I was a bit confused by this at first. A rock tied to his neck and a life jacket by his feet. How puzzling.

Then the penny dropped. Float the rock out to sea in the life jacket, throw the rock overboard and down you go

+ 1 for this theory.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, aussienam said:

From experience in my previous job, suicide notes are not always the norm.  Mental illness - depression, Bi-Polar, Schitzophrenia, PTSD etc are contributing factors.  Underlying reasons are many - financial, relationships, job loss, illness, shame, etc.  

Suicides can be impulsive or planned.  RIP to the troubled man if the coronial outcome/police finding is suicide.  I won't speculate based solely off a local news report and attempt to solve the case as many often seem to be able to do!

yes and people around all the examples you gave are aware - I just didn't go into the same level of detail as you did

as for the man found floating - nobody on TVF is in a position to solve anything, we can only give views and opinions - some more informed than others - it's called a discussion which you are taking part

5 hours ago, VYCM said:

It surprises me to see comments of RIP.

You have no idea who this guy is, he could be the worst of the worst.

I reckon it would be a good idea to hold of with RIP's until it is known who he is.

We are all equal in death. RIP and condolences to his family if he has one.