Thousands rally at Kasetsart University against government, warn bigger protests coming to Bangkok

rooster59

48 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If the student protests get larger and go on longer they will have to call in the Army under Apirat who is longing to unleash them and their pretty toys of death.

so according to you the government can't wait to kill students with 'their pretty toys of death' Yep, that's their aim alright lol.. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, franzs said:

Sad, .....and again, they falling for a Billionaire,  remember: the red shirt movement? They were campaigning for Thaksin and called themselves "United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship" (UDD), I never understood that name. 

Campaigning for a dictator and call themselves against dictatorship.

...and the sad story behind: bloodshed, a burning city and the dictator on the run.

I hope they will not repeat the same mistake.

They should learn from history............   

History is a great teacher, indeed. But yo and I see different lessons here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Other government backers are also toeing Prayut’s line, saying the students are probably manipulated by opposition politicians.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383095

nation.jpg

If you're in the party of power here there's no way you're going to lose the privilege of the position. Protect it even if you know it's wrong.

Edited by PlastikbinLina
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, madmen said:

So what doesn't make it a legal document and the company is challenging freedom of speech and signing a document under the threat of being terminated which is duress and Would be thrown out in court. 

Besides that's just an excuse, what about the other 50 million what's there excuse? 

But this is Thailand...so no one cares what`s the theory and in her case the Royal family is involved as biggest stakeholder. Would you throw away one decade of hard work, insisting that your freedom of speech is your right? Surely not! Only people who have the financial background and power don`t care about the consequences.

That`s why I am happy that this demonstrations are happening!

• Like 2

As i said a few days ago.....       The youth in Thailand are a lot more savvy now and as we've seen there was a large majority behind the youthful opposition leader, unfortunately democracy is only a word and by the looks of things there'll be a lot of young people getting damaged by the benevolent current "Leadership"...... It's coming...... Just look through the history that's available and you'll see what's coming in the future........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crabbie2020 said:

THIS IS GOOD NEWS! 

THIS GOVERNMENT ARE UNELECTED.

Thailand is no more democratic than any other SE Asian nation. At least Vietnam and Laos don't pretend to be!

<deleted>, i nearly Pi%$#@D myself laughing then.........Vietnam and Laos are Communist, Singapore, Malaysia, and what was British Hong Kong........ Democracy..........?     Get off the pipe mate......

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think it won't be long before VPNs are made illegal in Thailand, and the reason for it will be political unrest and the online organisation of said unrest. Sooner though I predict that the COVID-19 situation will be leveraged to ban all protests and social gatherings, but that won't stop the savvy and awake folk who are pi55ed as hell. They will mobilise online until the situation regarding the virus stabilises. 

Edited by Mung

1 minute ago, SupermarineS6B said:

News for you......Thaksin was the best PM Thailand's ever had....... fact......Seen em all over thirty years...... 

No way. Chatchai Choonhavan for me. Thaksin put press freedom and open criticism of the government into complete reverse.

1 hour ago, Deerculler said:

I hope the tanks are not brought in or the army to kill there own people.

There will be no winners if that happens.

You might just see a swing within the Army........That's maybe why a scale down has been suggested...... It'll come from within....... 

9 hours ago, franzs said:

Sad, .....and again, they falling for a Billionaire,  remember: the red shirt movement? They were campaigning for Thaksin and called themselves "United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship" (UDD), I never understood that name. 

Campaigning for a dictator and call themselves against dictatorship.

...and the sad story behind: bloodshed, a burning city and the dictator on the run.

I hope they will not repeat the same mistake.

They should learn from history............   

So should you FRANZS 

• Like 1

This is what Prayut didn't want happening, right at the beginning of his journey as junta leader, he clamped down hard on the Students, you watch, Prayut doesn't want history repeating itself, then again it  sometimes has a bad habit of doing just that.

• Like 2