Britain vows to drive hard bargain in U.S. trade talks

webfact

1 minute ago, vogie said:

What you always convenientely forget to mention is the EU will be worse off - even under the best now possible conditions.

Write 100 lines saying 'I must not be so biased in future, the survival of the EU depends on a good deal with the UK', on my desk before 9.00 in the morning.

That sounds like the maid shooting herself in the foot only that she can tell her master: Now you have a problem with a maid with a damaged foot.

Yeah, great job!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

What you always convenientely forget to mention is the EU will be worse off - even under the best now possible conditions.

Write 100 lines saying 'I must not be so biased in future, the survival of the EU depends on a good deal with the UK', on my desk before 9.00 in the morning.

Yes we drove the bus over a cliff but the good news is some of the passengers got hurt as well.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, JonnyF said:

Yes, since they are the Democratically elected leaders I would expect them to make the final decision on behalf of their respective sovereign nations. That's how it works outside the EU.  

in the UK's case it's parliament that makes the final decision, not the PM. That's democracy at work. 

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes we drove the bus over a cliff but the good news is some of the passengers got hurt as well.

Every time I read your posts you remind me of the great Scottish actor John Laurie.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sandyf said:

By the time you understand this part of the deal you will begin to realise just how big a mistake it was.

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/investor-state-dispute-settlement-isds

I am surprised you haven't used the S word in your response. I guess Brexit is also the cause of coronavirus.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is so difficult about seeing reality and accepting reality?

Brexit done? 555 Imagine you are married for 20 years with lots of kids and you just signed the divorce papers. Is now everything "basically done". Or is that likely just the start of the headache?

Do you follow the news? Because if you do that then I don't have to tell you why the UK is worse off - even under the best now possible conditions.

There you go showing your bitterness. i thought you were happy for the UK, US and EU all to be doing well.

It was like being married (EEC) then then another 20 plus mistresses joined the marriage. The only headache is constantly hearing from you and others who are non Brits how worse off we are. One benefit is we won't have to prop up most of those who are spongers in the EU.

Don't worry I am sure Turkey or some other despot country will take the slack. Good luck.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you believe what some right wing UK politicians and their press told you.

Why am I not surprised?

And to make it clear: If Brexiters like you have to suffer because of Boris and others I absolutely don't care. You deserve him and you deserve everything that is coming your way. Enjoy the ride.

But there are still lots of young people in the UK who hope for a bright future. And they also have to suffer because of all those incompetent politicians and Brexiters who voted for them. It must be sad to be in their situation.

Twice it was made clear that the majority wanted to escape the EU..thats the beauty of democracy, even with all the obstacles the lefty facists tried putting in the way

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So what is it? Left of fascist? 

But then I guess if you would know what it is you would know how to write that word. No more questions.

The hard left are some of the most fascist people I have met. That they cannot see it is highly amusing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I googled it for you:

Fascism.png.4288e62443f0d2bdf77f05170c44526a.png

Educate yourself. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_fascism

I quote below.

In general fascism distinguishes itself for its intolerance of political opponents, for suppression off freedom of speech and lack of respect for the democratic principal of a majority vote.

Sounds just like woke Remainers refusing to accept the referendum result, no?

Like I said. Amusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nothing to do with my reply, but since you mentioned the economy wheres the 8% drop in gdp Project Fear predicted? 

The 800,000 job losses?

On a vote to leave (not leaving)

Oh that's right, it was Remainer lies.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nothing to do with my reply, but since you mentioned the economy wheres the 8% drop in gdp Project Fear predicted? 

The 800,000 job losses?

On a vote to leave (not leaving)

Oh that's right, it was Remainer lies.

Did you miss the part that that the 8% was a prognosis for the next 15 years? Similar to the 0.16% growth after 15 years of a US-UK trade deal.

Until now the UK is trading with the EU without any difference so it's not surprised that not much happend until now (apart from all those companies which don't invest in the UK anymore) . But the way things develop you will see a big difference already in 2021. And I give you a hint: It's not getting better for the UK in 2021.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Twice it was made clear that the majority wanted to escape the EU..thats the beauty of democracy, even with all the obstacles the lefty facists tried putting in the way

twice?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you miss the part that that the 8% was a prognosis for the next 15 years? Similar to the 0.16% growth after 15 years of a US-UK trade deal.

Until now the UK is trading with the EU without any difference so it's not surprised that not much happend until now (apart from all those companies which don't invest in the UK anymore) . But the way things develop you will see a big difference already in 2021. And I give you a hint: It's not getting better for the UK in 2021.

8% here and VAT there and chlorine all over and 0.16 after lunch

you guys are just incredible discussing the effects, in great detail - down to decimals, of a trade deal

which isn't even on the drawing board yet

• Like 2

Though I believe in the long run it will be a good deal for the country to leave the EU I don't think GB is in a strong position in the upcoming trade talks with the US or other big players. It's market is too small for that.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

48 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If one decides not to vote in such an important matter for his country, up to him. Fact is, that that the majority of voters voted pro Brexit. Non voters don't count. No one can know what they had voted for IF they had.

The majority of voters that voted (52%- 48%), voted to leave but only 37% of the voters voted to leave.

Their reasons for not voting may not be apathy: in the slammer, sick, abroad, etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sandyf said:

And I am not surprised you avoided the point in question, you seem to find it difficult to deal with reality.

Your reality of project fear has already proven to be nonsense and after 3 years you are still believing it.

So what about Scotland (yes I used the s word) the many forecasts are if they left the United Kingdom would be financially ruined. do you still want independence?

I think I know the answer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bannork said:

The majority of voters that voted (52%- 48%), voted to leave but only 37% of the voters voted to leave.

Their reasons for not voting may not be apathy: in the slammer, sick, abroad, etc.

Not on about that old chestnut that only historians mention these days. There was an election recently in case you forgot which smashes any case for the argument your are so poorly trying to postulate.