THAI losses Bt12 billion in 2019

webfact

8 minutes ago, Sir Swagman said:

Free travel to airline ‘employees’ is pretty much a myth. There are some categories within a company which have that as part of a remuneration package, the rest pay a percentage,

I never wrote that Air France employees travel for free.
In addition they have to pay airport taxes plus, as you write, a percentage of the ticket price;
Air France crews therefore pay 100% of airport taxes plus 10% of the ticket price for them, their spouse and their children over 12 years old; children under 12 pay 5% of the ticket price .
No ticket is therefore free.
The ground staff (not navigating) pay, as you write, a percentage higher than 10%

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

What do they care, not their money, and the rort and mismanaging still continue on a colosul magnitude...

Also inside the whole scenario is the fact that it's actually a famous families social club. Family name means everything. The couple of incidents last year when pilots demanded that first class passengers be dumped to economy, and more has roots in this subject.

The bottom line, any board member who suggested major changes which disrupted the 'social club' factors will be very quickly corrected and told to have respect and now their place in the pecking order. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

I never book them, but always have a check at their UK prices whenever there is THAI story on here. As usual, this is ALWAYS the case -

Flight.JPG

It may be an exaggerated statement, but to me it almost seems that THAI has never heard anything about yield management. When I book a flight, THAI - in most cases - is not only more expensive, but way off the average price of this specific flight. I cannot see anybody booking such an overpriced flight. I wonder how they fill up their planes.

• Like 2

I fly THAI and pay though the nose for it is the only direct flight from Bangkok to Auckland N.Z. if any other carriers did the direct flight to N.Z. I would be with them in a shot.

All has been said above    The bottom line, any board member who suggested major changes which disrupted the 'social club' factors will be very quickly corrected and told to have respect and now their place in the pecking order. 

18 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

It may be an exaggerated statement, but to me it almost seems that THAI has never heard anything about yield management. When I book a flight, THAI - in most cases - is not only more expensive, but way off the average price of this specific flight. I cannot see anybody booking such an overpriced flight. I wonder how they fill up their planes.

Another example is Bkk to Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi and return.

Typically Vietjet Air is around 3,500 return Chiang Mai direct to HCMC or Hanoi and return.

TG Bkk to HCMC or Hanoi and return is around 20,000Baht up to 24,000Baht, (with a boxed lunch). 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

You add water to my mill;
The day when Thailand will be a democracy and above all a Rechtsstaat (  "rule of law") ,  is still far away ...

Millenium's for the first and Light Years for the second !

42 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

the airline business works on razor thin margins,

It is about the same thing in the road transport of goods, at least in France.
One of my bosses once told me that he was happy when he managed to have in his pocket, before taxes, 2% of the turnover of each truck, so about 1% net in his pocket.
provided that it is immobilized only for its maintenance;

therefore no material breakage or too frequent unplanned immobilizations.

You have to make a figure of it to be able to pay yourself a decent salary.
Obviously when a boss owns several tens or even a hundred trucks, or more like FOX, the huge Australian company that supplies the Lotus in Thailand or like STG, another huge French company specializing in refrigerated transport with about 3,000 trucks ... plus as many trailers ...
even if it is 1% of the turnover, multiplied by 3.000 it starts to make a solid mattress. :w00t:

• Like 2

example

On June 23th 2019 I took a THAI Airways flightfrom BANGKOK SUVARABHUMI to

BRUSSELS AIRPORT .

When the staff brought the aperitive we didnt receive any salty snack.

At lunchtime the air hostess asked what I would like to drink.

I answered that I would like a glass of white wine with the starter and a glass of red wine with

The main dish. The air hostess replied in a haughty way diminishing and

shaming me in the front of the other passengers  that that I only could have one drink at the time.

I am frequent flyer I use regulary Thai Airways despite the fact that they are for far the

most expensive carrier on the market from Brussels to Bangkok roundtrip.

I dont know if their policy is to discourage customers to order more than 1 drink. I dont know if

they are in such a financial status that they need to save money on a 20 baht worth salty snack.

I dont know if the staff is trained to humiliate customers and treat them bossy.

So anyone surprised about their catastrophic Financial record?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vangrop said:

example

On June 23th 2019 I took a THAI Airways flightfrom BANGKOK SUVARABHUMI to

BRUSSELS AIRPORT .

When the staff brought the aperitive we didnt receive any salty snack.

At lunchtime the air hostess asked what I would like to drink.

I answered that I would like a glass of white wine with the starter and a glass of red wine with

The main dish. The air hostess replied in a haughty way diminishing and

shaming me in the front of the other passengers  that that I only could have one drink at the time.

I am frequent flyer I use regulary Thai Airways despite the fact that they are for far the

I dont know if their policy is to discourage customers to order more than 1 drink. I dont know if

they are in such a financial status that they need to save money on a 20 baht worth salty snack.

I dont know if the staff is trained to humiliate customers and treat them bossy.

So anyone surprised about their catastrophic Financial record?

"...The air hostess replied in a haughty way diminishing and shaming me in the front of the other passengers  that that I only could have one drink at the time."

Been there done that.

I took an evening business class flight Bkk to Jakarta, my 18 year old Thai son with me, also in business class. After the dinner all finished and cleared away my son asked the hostess for a glass of coca-cola.

She didn't stop at his seat, she just continued walking down the aisle saying 'go and ask in  economy class'. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, vangrop said:

Stop using Thai Airways. Simple. For Europe, middle east companies can't be beaten.

Thai Airways : low service, sxxx airplanes, and more expensive. 

Why hurting yourself ?

And if you cut them, you'll have a precious bonus ! The pleasure to give the finger to a bunch of old and pseudo "generals", and to hurt them at the wallet !

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I never book them, but always have a check at their UK prices whenever there is THAI story on here. As usual, this is ALWAYS the case -

Flight.JPG

A couple of years ago, I was back and forth from BKK (actually KKC-BKK) to LHR.  The company was taking care of flights and always booked Thai.   It would not have been my choice.  I was always shocked how they were molested with Th Airways ticket prices...

they always run out of garlic bread so i wont fly with them again .anyway its likely many airlines will go  bust this year as their revenu dries  up and everyone stays at home hunkered down in the garden

1 hour ago, CockneyGit said:

Just do a quick search for BKK > LON > BKK

Qatar - 18,500 THB
Emirates - 21,700 THB
BA - 23,700 THB
THAI - 32,400 THB

It's not a difficult to see where the problem lies !!! ????

If anyone is doing Thailand/UK a few times a year regularly  look at not using the first return and buy returns from UK. After 2 you do start to save money.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If anyone is doing Thailand/UK a few times a year regularly  look at not using the first return and buy returns from UK. After 2 you do start to save money.

The same is true for Australia - return Australia-Thailand is often cheaper than Thailand-Oz

On 3/3/2020 at 7:27 AM, 30la said:

It's time to change all the management or sell the company ...

Changing the management is fairly simple, but to get an efficient management and give them carte blanche will probably never happen.

As for selling the company, who in their right mind would want it as a gift, let alone paying for it? It might be worth something if the government would assume ALL the debts, but it still has the second oldest fleet in the world.

• Like 1

It's weird, I still like THAI. I don't want to deal with those super cheap budget outfits with all the tack-on extras that make the actual cost about the same. I and the gf especially go BKK-CNX all the time and find it reliable. Part of the attraction is that their web site works smoothly compared to the competition. I'm in Hanoi now in the middle of a RT from BKK that cost US$245 on THAI; I could have saved a lousy $50, but why?

14 hours ago, poohy said:

Why any frequent flyers book BKK XXX BKK...... instead of XXX BKK XXX baffles me fights originating outside thailand are  much cheaper

Doesn't work for me sadly, I live and work here and only go home every few years.