Man, 60, arrested with 44kg of marijuana in parcel delivery from Bangkok

webfact

By The Phuket News

1583287128_1-org.jpg

Wichit Police Chief Col Sujin Nilabodi and fellow offices present the 44kg of compressed, dried marijuana valued at about B400,000, all packed into one-kilo packages, to the press yesterday (Mar 3). Photo: Wichit Police

PHUKET: A 60-year-old man has been arrested after he was founding picking up 44 kilograms of dried marijuana from the office of a parcel delivery company in Phuket.

Wichit Police Chief Col Sujin Nilabodi told a press conference yesterday (Mar 3) that his officers had received a tip-off that a large delivery of marijuana would arrive in Phuket through a parcel company last Saturday (Feb 29).

Acting on the tip-off, his officers on Saturday arrived at the office of a private parcel delivery company in Soi Nasue, Wichit, and watched for any suspicious behaviour.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-60-arrested-with-44kg-of-marijuana-in-parcel-delivery-from-bangkok-75112.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-04
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Well Done ,no doubt this will save many lives ????

Oh dear....

Perhaps you can explain to us how it could possibly save lives?

I'm sure many, even on this forum alone, could recount how it is improving their lives. 

I read here about people who use it to relieve symptoms of serious illness.

So explain your reasoning about the seizure no doubt saving lives. You must have some first hand knowledge to make such a statement.

Oh...it seems that you were just being sarcastic.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Disgusting

I think that he is referring to the valuing of 44,000 grams of 'weed' at 400,000 baht.

Indicating a price of 9.091 baht per gram.

I don't know the price of 'weed' but 9.091 baht per gram seems cheap.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally I hope not. If the Thais cannot handle alcohol and driving, then legalising it makes little sense. They need less things to get stoned on - not more.

I can't speak to how it is today but back in the early 1970's up in the Issan area, there were Thai's that smoked and handled it better than when drunk.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

I think that he is referring to the valuing of 44,000 grams of 'weed' at 400,000 baht.

Indicating a price of 9.091 baht per gram.

I don't know the price of 'weed' but 9.091 baht per gram seems cheap.

Lemme see, packet of 20 cigarettes contains 12.5gm of tobacco, or 2x $10 bags of weed.

9 bht/gm x 6 = 54bht ($2).

So a 5x markup to the end used seems about right to my thinking.

Depends if the police are valuing the product at retail or wholesale price.

Edited by BritManToo

9 hours ago, webfact said:

This man is the leading contender for this years Darwin award and I'm sure he will meet new and interesting friends where he's headed.

Meanwhile police officials have determined that the confiscated Marijuana should be destroyed by fire. A group of officers who were tasked with the difficult operation stated that they would need department funding to purchase additional snack foods. Authorities responded by staging a media event but it was unclear if the extra munchies had been approved. 

• Haha 1