Seventeen Thai workers returning from South Korea have high fever

webfact

Seventeen Thai workers returning from South Korea have high fever

By The Nation

800_866ecb4c20ba047.jpg?v=1583292800

File photo

Seventeen of the 158 Thai illegal workers who returned to Thailand on Wednesday (March 4) have high fever but the first test result for Covid-19 was result, according to the Immigration Office.

Thai illegal labourers started returning home on March 3, landing at three airports -- a total of 158 people.

Suvarnabhumi Airport received 107 workers. Immigration officers found 17 people had high fever and they were suspected of suffering from the Covid-19 infection. They were transferred to Ramathibodi Hospital. The first Covid-19 test returned a negative result. The 90 others who showed no symptoms need to self-quarantine for 14 days.

The 50 workers who landed at Don Mueang Airport and one who landed at Phuket airport did not have any Covid-19 symptoms. All are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383329

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-04
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

50 workers who landed at Don Mueang Airport and one who landed at Phuket airport did not have any Covid-19 symptoms. All are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Keep the faith people, stay strong and wash your hands frequently and use sanitizer

Edited by Skallywag
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And what do you think the Thai government should do? And more precisely: What are they allowed to do under the existing laws?

Exhibit 1:

From Feb. 18:  Two weeks quarantine:

The 137 Thai evacuees from the Chinese city of Wuhan, who have been under observation in guest houses at the Sattahip naval base since February 4th, are expected to return home to re-join their families tomorrow (Wednesday) after final medical check-ups.

Dr. Hansa Raksakhon, director of the 6th Disease Control Office in Chon Buri province, said today that the 137 returnees have completed their quarantine and they are all in good shape.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Start telling the truth maybe !! Perhaps realize that trying to cover up things just makes the situation worse in the long run ??

And why exactly do you think they don't tell the truth?

Do you have any evidence?

I don't know if they or some of them tell the truth or not. But as far as I know there is no evidence that they are lying.

It seems one (possibly worldwide) problem is that there are not enough kits to test people if they have that virus.

I just read an article about Washington state and people who wanted to get tested. They were not tested and it seems because they were not enough test kits available.

So maybe the number in Thailand and elsewhere are too low because of this - but a little low or a lot? Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And what do you think the Thai government should do? And more precisely: What are they allowed to do under the existing laws?

Do what Canada did, send planes to China with the evacuation of Canadians and  they flew them back to Canada and straight into an army base for the 14 day quarantine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, neeray said:
1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

How will you sue them when your dead, what a joke.

I’m 99.999% sure it was meant as a joke (the sue when dead part).

Looks like a grave situation. Some sort of plot?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Now that is lovely piece of news, make you even more paranoid and frankly head to the hills... if i'll die because i was infected owing to the Thai government negligence so help me god i'll sue them in the highest court of the land...

You mean.."So help me God, can you send me back, I need to sue a Thai bloke"..............????