Thailand’s global ranking for COVID-19 infections improves slightly

webfact

Thailand’s global ranking for COVID-19 infections improves slightly

Mask.jpg

Thailand’s ranking, by number of confirmed COVID-19 infections, has improved from 15th to 16th place, a position it shares with Australia, based on WHO figures, according to Dr. Thaweesilp Wissanuyothin, a senior doctor attached to the 10th Health region.

WHO Ranking of 20 countries with most confirmed COVID–19 cases

China – 80,422

Republic of Korea – 5,328

Italy – 2,502

Iran (Islamic Republic of) – 2,336

International conveyance (Diamond Princess) – 706

Japan – 287

France – 212

Germany – 196

Spain – 151

Singapore – 110

United States of America – 108

Kuwait – 56

United Kingdom – 51

Malaysia – 50

Bahrain – 49

Australia & Thailand – 43

Switzerland – 37

Norway – 32

Iraq  – 31

Canada  – 30

At the time of this report, Thailand had 43 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with one fatality. 31 patients have recovered and most have returned home, leaving 11 still in hospital, including one severe case who is on life support, but in a stable condition.

In Thailand, 3,680 cases have been investigated since January 3rd. Of those, 2,435 have been allowed to return home.  Worldwide, there have been 92,321 confirmed cases as of March 3rd.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-global-ranking-for-covid-19-infections-improves-slightly/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Do you, living in Thailand, know of any large scale cases of the flu here in Thailand, villages, communities etc? We live in the middle of a predominantly Chinese neighborhood and we haven't seen or heard of any. I'm sure poster Dick will be along shortly to tell us he does but I'm referring to real cases rather than imagined ones.

• Like 1

Wait until after Songkran if the government go ahead with their unbelievable stupidity in allowing it to happen, the finger will definitely be pointing their way and rightly so, I'm surprised the WHO have not condemned this event.....!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In Thailand, 3,680 cases have been investigated since January 3rd. Of those, 2,435 have been allowed to return home. 

This is what worries me. Isn't South Korea testing 10,000 a day? Thailand has only tested 3,680 in 2 months.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

It is rather self defeating to be more concerned about your ranking than disclosing Convid 19 when disclosure hurts your global ranking.

It has a direct effect upon how many 'Likes' they get more than China... 

11 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Wait until after Songkran if the government go ahead with their unbelievable stupidity in allowing it to happen, the finger will definitely be pointing their way and rightly so, I'm surprised the WHO have not condemned this event.....!!!

Songkran Update: water and cannons rto be replaced by spray disinfectant bottles! 

- double bonus as it saves on the cost of diesel for the tractors doing the gutters. 

Thailand is way behind in testing. Most countries test more per day, than Thailand has done in 2 months.

When you do not test people, the numbers will of course look very good.

Guess the number of admitted PUI patients needs to reach about 10.000, before they will maybe be forced to start testing more people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vigilante said:

Rankings will improve considerably if they stop reporting new infections ????

I'm sure the returning illegals from S.Korea will not add to the total that seems to have stayed the same for a month.

I agree that testing seems to be lacking, but by all rights (Chinese tourist numbers) Thailand should be suffering more than any other country in the world but it just isn’t happening? This thing can only linger in the shadows for so long, if it truly was widespread social media would be flooding in with videos of hospitals looking like the apocalypse, similar to videos now coming out of Iran. Iran government also tried to cover it up at the start but social media will always expose lies, even videos were coming out in mass from firewall China when Wuhan was in turmoil. I’m reluctant to buy 100% into climate arguments but there is no other explanation right now as to why it’s not blown out of control yet ????????‍♂️ Of course it could still happen but for me it’s just bizarre it hasn’t already ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well... At last Thailand tries. They lie with style.

As for the UK... Good old Orwell is back.

"UK's health ministry says it will no longer report location information on each new coronavirus case.
The UK will no longer provide daily updates on the number of new Coronavirus cases. Only one update per week will be given.
"

When it comes to being "commie" the Britts know how to do... Some things will never change (even with Brexit).

Even China gives a daily report...

At least, it shows that the panic starts to bite their axxx.

France should follow soon (they did the same with.... the monthly report about unemployment... ! Every month it looked too bad, so they just changed the periodicity...)

Anyway. The commies and constructivists bureaucrats are back. Full speed. Watch out.

They will always pretend to know better what is good for you, or not. Despite you.

Edited by christophe75
  • Sad 1

Well, this being said, I am more than often criticizing them for many things but I must say that, besides the stupid Minister in charge, they can be pretty good too...sometimes :

You may remember 2 weeks ago, there was this guy flying back from Japan (who lied about his travel history when he went to hospital). In the same flight, there was a guy working at a bank in the same building I work (a big place with hundreds of people). Public health and medics came to test the guy. When asked, they told us that if he was infected, they will close the whole building for 14 days ! 

No, no, It was not for tea money ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Thais have a better immune system than sterile HK Japan and South Korea....

Being exposed to viruses and disease every day improves Thais immune systems..

long live 3rd world countries!

A Chinese study says Northeast Asians are more likely to become infected. Maybe that lets Southeast Asians off the hook.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.26.919985v1.full

Until the masses of Thais illegally working in S. Korea repatriate.  What makes the Thai government think that these high-risk repatriates who willfully break the laws of other countries are going to abide by Thai emergency dictates and actually self-quarantine.   More likely in true "laws don't apply to Thais" Thai fashion, they break quarantine and start mini-pandemics in their own communities.  

2 hours ago, connda said:

Until the masses of Thais illegally working in S. Korea repatriate.  What makes the Thai government think that these high-risk repatriates who willfully break the laws of other countries are going to abide by Thai emergency dictates and actually self-quarantine.   More likely in true "laws don't apply to Thais" Thai fashion, they break quarantine and start mini-pandemics in their own communities.  

Yeah, you just wait until (fill in event of choice here) and see it get worse. Eventually one of you might be right.

6 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Thais have a better immune system than sterile HK Japan and South Korea....

Being exposed to viruses and disease every day improves Thais immune systems..

long live 3rd world countries!

Plus the heat. I still think the hypothesis that these viruses are heat sensitive is meritorious, especially when it is 30 and above constantly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://time.com/5792180/southeast-asia-undetected-coronavirus/

“Earlier this month, a study by five researchers at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health concluded that it is statistically implausible that Cambodia and Thailand do not have more cases, and virtually impossible that Indonesia, the world’s fourth most populous country, has not reported a single one.“

It seems Time magazine and Harvard seem to disagree with Thailand’s numbers.

is anyone really that surprised?