More than 1,100 Thai’s returning from South Korea before March 1st cannot be located

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

These workers returned in groups of up to 400 a week and are not among the 5,000 who have registered their desire to return to Thailand with South Korean immigration officials.

Perhaps an illegal worker who registers their desire with local immigration to return to Thailand under a current amnesty will appear on a future blacklist. In that case hardly surprising they didn't register. 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, saengd said:

Immigration has the passengers landing card data and also their Thai ID number, how come they can't find them.....hmmm!

Tell us how the card or the ID could locate anyone please?

10 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

1181 whereabouts unknown? Welcome to the land of stupid smiles! 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Tell us how the card or the ID could locate anyone please?

Yes you're right, they wouldn't have to fill in landing cards if travelling on a Thai passport!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm guessing that's a reference to TM6?

True, the TM6 was scrapped for Thais a few years ago. I don't know if that means Immigration have no information about returning Thais?

The airlines must have passenger lists of incoming flights from Korea.

Yes, passenger manifests would yield some clues but that becomes complex tracing the audit trail from passenger to credit card company to travel agent to bank etc.

39 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

That just proves, how the Immigration / Government discriminates foreigners. All foreigners need to fill TM30, but Thai are actually not really

registered where they are.

Don't tell me the house book registration. That is nonsens, because most Thais live on different addresses.

Why would immigration care about Thai? They are not immigrants. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, saengd said:

Yes, passenger manifests would yield some clues but that becomes complex tracing the audit trail from passenger to credit card company to travel agent to bank etc.

Have I missed something here - doesn't the airline have a list of all passengers, listed as per the name on their passports?

Just now, bluesofa said:

Have I missed something here - doesn't the airline have a list of all passengers, listed as per the name on their passports?

Sure, the airline has the passenger name but it's not clear they have the address/ID number, in order to get the address they would need to trace how the ticket was paid for via credit card, bank, travel agent etc.

1 minute ago, saengd said:

Sure, the airline has the passenger name but it's not clear they have the address/ID number, in order to get the address they would need to trace how the ticket was paid for via credit card, bank, travel agent etc.

Since when did a credit card payment lead to your current or possible address. Once folk depart an airport no one needs to be anywhere any of their history may suggest. Certainly not Thais.

Just now, Olmate said:

Since when did a credit card payment lead to your current or possible address. Once folk depart an airport no one needs to be anywhere any of their history may suggest. Certainly not Thais.

Credit card companies usually have the customers address, it would be highly unusual that they didn't, even in Thailand. I suspect you're looking at things from an avoidance perspective, I'm looking at the issue of what most normal people might have.

4 minutes ago, saengd said:

Oh, I was looking at it from the point of view that if Immigration/Department for Thai ID would be able to trace them from their name in Latin characters, as the passport name has to follow the way it's translated in their ID card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Oh, I was looking at it from the point of view that if Immigration/Department for Thai ID would be able to trace them from their name in Latin characters, as the passport name has to follow the way it's translated in their ID card.

Yes possibly, but I suspect most people don't update their Thai ID address when they move, payment details I suspect are likely to be more current, dunno for sure.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, saengd said:

Credit card companies usually have the customers address, it would be highly unusual that they didn't, even in Thailand. I suspect you're looking at things from an avoidance perspective, I'm looking at the issue of what most normal people might have.

Sure cc companies have an address, I,m certain that’s not available to airlines or other suppliers tho. No not thinking avoidance, we forget that normal people just get off a plane and go on with their lives.

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Sure cc companies have an address, I,m certain that’s not available to airlines or other suppliers tho. No not thinking avoidance, we forget that normal people just get off a plane and go on with their lives.

The plane ticket must be paid for and the airlines will know which bank or credit card was used, and the number, that is sufficient for Immigration to query the credit card company/card issuer as to the cardholders address, it's not as though privacy laws prevent that. People underestimate they degree to which they are traceable, if the police/Immigration want to find out they can.