Thailand reports four new coronavirus cases - including Italian tourist - total 47

webfact

12 minutes ago, dieter1 said:

As far as I have information, in Thailand they only are testing very few people. And the government is controlling/limiting the information given to the public. The opposite is happening in Italy: Testing there whole population of small town/villages and - voila- finding a lot of infected cases. And the WHO is even criticising the Italian authorities for that !

https://apnews.com/6c7e40fbec09858a3b4dbd65fe0f14f5

That's my impression too, time will tell.

• Thanks 1

For those who have repeatedly claimed that covid-19 infections only thrive in colder climates, I leave this here.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/03/04/governor-newsom-declares-state-of-emergency-to-help-state-prepare-for-broader-spread-of-covid-19/

Governor Newsom Declares State of Emergency to Help State Prepare for Broader Spread of COVID-19

As of Thursday, California had the largest number of cases in the U.S. at more than 50, followed by Washington state with about 44 confirmed cases and 10 deaths.

16 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Many with conditional access attached. Quarantine periods etc. None in relation to Thailand to my knowledge.

A couple of colleagues had hospital Appointments, they were told not to come as they had been in Thailand in the last 2 weeks.

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

it is youtube you can rewind the program to the time I posted

It is not Youtube, but its OK I just waited for it to come around again on Sky . It is mainly focused on the UK, but thats OK too cos I'll be there, virus permitting...555, in about 3 weeks now.

26 minutes ago, Susco said:

For those who have repeatedly claimed that covid-19 infections only thrive in colder climates, I leave this here.

Lost me here? its winter in California!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

Lost me here? its winter in California!

Yes you can see from the picture of the press conference that it's freezing over there.

Earlier Wednesday, Los Angeles-area officials announced six new COVID-19 cases in the county over the past 48 hours, prompting that southern California county to declare a local emergency

image.png.cca52719f6d6275fc55a3fb49311a0df.png

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yes you can see from the picture of the press conference that it's freezing over there.

It's 12c there at this time! that's not warm to me! & certainly not hot enough to destroy CV19 if what they say about heat destroying it is true.

Weather in March

It is wet with a fair amount of rain, a touch of humidity and the sunshine peeking through the clouds intermittently — the average temperatures in the state range from a low of 45°F (7.2°C) to 50°F (10°C) to a high of 65°F (18.3°C) to 70°F (21.1°C).

Edited by CGW

I'm quite concerned with the virus getting from Middle East and Europe as it has mutated and might be more resilient to high temperatures. I hope I'm wrong!

We will know the truth if the government is hiding or not when more private reports will be coming from hospitals about the virus cases. Or in the worst case when the hospitals would become overwhelmed with patients and unable to offer beds. That would be the start of a real tragedy.

We need to know more from people who work in the field in order to know the truth.

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

It's 12c there at this time! that's not warm to me! & certainly not hot enough to destroy CV19 if what they say about heat destroying it is true.

Weather in March

It is wet with a fair amount of rain, a touch of humidity and the sunshine peeking through the clouds intermittently — the average temperatures in the state range from a low of 45°F (7.2°C) to 50°F (10°C) to a high of 65°F (18.3°C) to 70°F (21.1°C).

It's 12 C because it's 7am now, during the day it's 23 C.  Bye

image.png.3a9b47be6f367fec487ae6830e33f549.png

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

Weather in March

Who in the year 2020 AD lives 24 hrs a day in isolation outside in the searing heat? do you know anyone like that, you need to test 10,000’s a day and try to keep it contained early on, when it first arrives, now it’s just a big cover up, hoping no one notices a few hundred or thousand  people dying, heat is just an excuse not to prepare ,and hope everyone will go back to normal by Saturday, this is really an unhygienic land, dense population, dry and humid conditions, a virus wont hate this land

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, humbug said:

Who in the year 2020 AD lives 24 hrs a day in isolation outside in the searing heat? do you know anyone like that, you need to test 10,000’s a day and try to keep it contained early on, when it first arrives, now it’s just a big cover up, hoping no one notices a few hundred or thousand  people dying, heat is just an excuse not to prepare ,and hope everyone will go back to normal by Saturday, this is really an unhygienic land, dense population, dry and humid conditions, a virus wont hate this land

Some valid points, plenty of expertise on here for sure, though have no idea why you are replying or the relevance to my post that was about the weather in California ???? 

40 minutes ago, Susco said:

It's 12 C because it's 7am now, during the day it's 23 C.  Bye

It's a bitch when facts destroy the story you want to believe isn't it ???? Bye ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

It is not Youtube, but its OK I just waited for it to come around again on Sky . It is mainly focused on the UK, but thats OK too cos I'll be there, virus permitting...555, in about 3 weeks now.

it is youtube

open a youtube page on your browser and do a search for skynews live

I watch it every day

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Weather in March

It is more a combination of factors that effect whether how a virus does in warm vs cold climates. 

- Sunlight UV radiation greatly reduces the time that a virus may survive on surfaces.

- Do the existing population have existing immunity to the given virus within the population - more people having immunity reduce the R0 and make it harder to transmit - making it more susceptible to other factors to basically pseudo-quarantine from spreading easier.

- Colder (I mean colder - not lukewarm) climates in winter - the air is extremely dry (you will notice if you travel back from the tropics in winter - your skin literally dries out and cracks).  When the air is dry the droplets that are expelled literally hang in the air much longer than when the air is humid.  This allows a virus to spread quicker.

- Corona virus is surrounded by a lipid layer (fat) which is not as heat resistant.

Basically the corona virus is going to have some of the same temperature profiles as something like influenza which is heat shy.  Even with the lack of people going to hospital to be recorded during a normal flu season - Thailand had over 350,000 flu cases officially (and a lot of the population would be resistant due to existing immunity to these flu strains due to previous exposure).

Also understand that in Singapore most locals avoid being outdoor for any length of time - scurrying from one air conditioned mall/tunnel to another from air conditioned car to building and back, and air conditioned transit systems.  In many cases keeps the temperature down and allows the virus to last longer on surfaces than they would otherwise last in the tropics. 

It simply is not one factor but a bunch of them.  Don't count on the tropics stopping the disease.  It will likely resurface annually for up to 3 years at least until the population as a whole has more immunity to this novel virus. 

14 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Oh snap... An italian tourist... And Iran ! 

How surprising...

Exactly what we were talking about.... And exactly the problem that the dumb authorities DO NOT WANT to care about.

Close the freaking borders. Create a real list (not a fantasy list in the twisted mind of a pseudo minister) of countries with high risks.

Impose quarantine like Israel.

Do your job !

He is doing his job, by allowing Songkran to go ahead he should be able to spread more carnage and death on the roads and incubate more new cases of covid 19.

Maybe even create his own demise, as rumours are rife that he is becoming very concerning.

Now spreading in NZ and Australia over 54 cases now.

Let's face facts...

*Human coronaviruses are not new.

*First identified in the 60's, seven types

*This "new" Coronavirus, COV-19 is just the latest type to be identified.

*Every continent except Anartica has COV-19 now.

*There are no vaccines or antiviral treatments that specifically target COV-19.

*Soap and water + friction washes it off your hands.

*Bleach, Lysol or alcohol cleaners or sanitizers may kill it, but there's no scientific tests yet

Buck up snowflakes. ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Let's face facts...

*Human coronaviruses are not new.

*First identified in the 60's, seven types

*This "new" Coronavirus, COV-19 is just the latest type to be identified.

*Every continent except Anartica has COV-19 now.

*There are no vaccines or antiviral treatments that specifically target COV-19.

*Soap and water + friction washes it off your hands.

*Bleach, Lysol or alcohol cleaners or sanitizers may kill it, but there's no scientific tests yet

Buck up snowflakes. ????

As Thais would say "I will die one day, so why be concerned, if I die, I die, can not change that"

On 3/5/2020 at 12:25 PM, petermik said:

I suspect these are just the tip of the iceberg....more honesty by the authorities needed :thumbsup:

Personally I don't believe so. It seems that the Corona Virus dont not live long in warm and humid weather. Hence the likes of India, Thailand, Africa, ETC don't have issues.

The only cases that we see are tourist affected in colder climates, and coming to Thailand. 

more cruise ships in san francisco with 1 dead and 140 brits in quareneen

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-cruise-ship-held-off-us-coast-after-former-passenger-dies-from-covid-19-11950348

More than 140 Britons are stranded on a cruise ship off California's coast after a former passenger died from coronavirus and several people on board fell ill.

The Grand Princess, which has more than 3,500 passengers and crew, was due to dock in San Francisco on Wednesday but remains at sea while tests for COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus, are carried out.

Eleven passengers and 10 crew members on the voyage between Hawaii and San Francisco had reported symptoms that could turn out to be coronavirus, California Governor Gavin Newsom said.

Edited by 3NUMBAS

My guess they have at least a couple of 1000 people infected by now if it's not more. They just don't know or don't publish it afraid of more declining tourist numbers and less revenue.

How is it possible that European, smaller countries then Thailand in the last week went from zero infected to hundreds ?

Is it possible the amulets do work ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sitanonchai said:

My guess they have at least a couple of 1000 people infected by now if it's not more. They just don't know or don't publish it afraid of more declining tourist numbers and less revenue.

How is it possible that European, smaller countries then Thailand in the last week went from zero infected to hundreds ?

Is it possible the amulets do work ?

How is it possible that all the cases through out the globe are not from people who have been to Thailand currently ?

• Like 1

I've read that the majority of folks who are infected with COVID-19 don't know and will never know. Eventually, it will just go away as their immune systems kill it off.

You have to already be sick, in some way have your immune system already compromised, the elderly and the young.

If you are a healthy and fit young to middle aged person, chances are, you aren't going to get it.

Udon Thani, Hua Hin and Chiangmai seem to be the places where most old folks hang out and retire. That's where most cases will probably be...and, Bangkok, of course, because it's a densely packed city.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1