Welcome to Pattaya: vet attacks couple for legal parking

Rimmer

Welcome to Pattaya: vet attacks couple for legal parking

1374-N2-Feb-26-07-Foreigner-parks-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Pattaya veterinarian showed he was kinder to animals than humans when he attacked a couple who had the audacity to park their car in front of his office.

The incident played out on a video posted on Facebook Feb. 26, allegedly by the daughter of the woman assaulted.

According to the post, her mother had arrived from upcountry and stopped on a public road near an ATM on Soi Khao Noi just before noon Feb. 26 when the male vet came out of the office to complain their car was blocking the entrance to his business.

The Thai woman and animal doctor argued, with the woman pointing out that the veterinarian doesn’t own the street and parking there was completely legal. But she moved her car anyway.

Yet even that apparently wasn’t good enough for the veterinarian, who beset the 58-year-old woman as she walked to the cash machine, pulling her hair and hitting her in the head with his shoe.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/welcome-to-pattaya-vet-attacks-couple-for-legal-parking-290063

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-03-05—

• Sad 2

I cant be the only one remembering a news article from a year or more ago with a lawyer stating you cant claim public road. Fines up to 100k baht if i remember correctly.

Bring the video footage to the cop shop, get him a 100k baht fine, get half yourself for supplying the evidence.

Case solved, i will go back to bed now.

• Like 1

I do understand this Vet’s frustration.

People tend to take the <deleted> when parking in front of your property. We have a house Development going on across from us now for the last three months. The workers sit, eat, smoke and have boozing parties in front of our property. Construction vehicles block our entrance daily and now they started leaving construction waste in front of our shop. 

Don’t complain or call the cops if you value your lives!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

If you don't want your tyres slashed, don't park legally in front of somebodies shop.

Or scratched your car from front to back, what me happens long time ago in Patong.

We call it the "Thaiway"

Edited by Peterphuket

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

if the highly educated behave this way (doctor of vet medicine) what can you expect from the less / non educated ???

Less Hi-So arrogance I might hope

short fuses as well with no though of consequences

15 hours ago, Jack G said:

I do understand this Vet’s frustration.

People tend to take the <deleted> when parking in front of your property. We have a house Development going on across from us now for the last three months. The workers sit, eat, smoke and have boozing parties in front of our property. Construction vehicles block our entrance daily and now they started leaving construction waste in front of our shop. 

Don’t complain or call the cops if you value your lives!

Legit parking in front of business on a thoroughfare as opposed to parking outside one's house ain't the same.

Bet he wouldn't try it on with a Merc. Sooner or later he's going to step in dog S and shout at the wrong Martian. Hope it gets posted here... I just love payback.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:59 AM, jacko45k said:

Old scenario... they believe they own the whole area to the middle of the road!

There's a pretty good chance he's paying the cops or some other local mafia for that privilege.  

He may be perfectly justified, being angry for not getting what he has paid for.  But he's taken it out on the wrong party.

Edited by impulse

It goes both ways when it comes to parking in front of businesses/shops etc, most Thais (including those parking) will respect the spots in front of businesses as primarily for the customers/deliveries of those businesses. If you ever own a business then you also benefit from the practice,  

It took me a while to fully understand as I would be somewhere with my wife looking for a park and she would say "you cant park there, it for the shop". It wasn't until we owned a restaurant in a busy soi, and most thais would leave the spot in front empty unless they were customers, that I fully appreciated the unwritten practice. .

Yes, its legal public parking, but why fight the system that many Thais go by. usually all it takes is a quick acknowledgement to the shop owner that you will only be a couple of minutes, a quick thank you etc and everything is fine.

Its a respect for someone running a commercial venture, where a customer/deliveries being able to park may mean the difference between profit or loss that day.

I was waiting for someone the other day and literally watched a mom and pop hardware store, all morning pick-ups were coming and going, business was thriving, people pretty much left those spots for the hardware store. Until a farang, in the mandatory oversized ford ranger, full of his own importance parked where the pickups and deliveries were being done. I watched the hardware guys tell the guy that customers and deliveries are using the spots, the farang just shrugged his shoulders and walked off, probably to sit in a bar all day with his mates.

Maybe next time you go to park somewhere, stop and think, (as most Thais do) although I have the legal right to park in this spot, what will be the ramifications for the people trying to conduct a business. Or you can wait until the local council puts up loading zone signs everywhere, all because you coudlnt leave the spots in front of businesses for the businesses.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe next time you go to park somewhere, stop and think, (as most Thais do)

My experience is they also park where they damn well please and mostly wherever involves the least walking or inconvenience to themselves, in front of my gate being a prime example, blocking me in!

• Like 1