Gender equality? Who wants it?

Even women don't like it:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/mar/05/nine-out-of-10-people-found-to-be-biased-against-women

“91% of men and 86% of women hold at least one bias against women". So just who is still pushing the female-first myth and what is the hidden agenda?

Isn't it time to give it up and stop all this cr@p?

35 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

looking around how messed up this world is should speak volumes on how lousy men are at doing their jobs..

Behind most men there is a woman, and most boys are raised by a woman. Western school teachers are almost entirely female as few men willing to risk being accused of something bad.

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I also just read that article. Unfortunately the Guardian does not allow comments. I guess they know why...

Personally I think men and women should have the same chances to do what they want to do. If they want to study or be a nurse or a pilot then fine, let them learn that profession. And then of course the better performers should get the better jobs.

The problem is that some people still pretend women and men think and act equal. That is obviously not true - but in some places it seems to be already a crime just to mention that maybe men and women are not equal. They are different. That does not mean one or the other is better. Just different.

If women really want to be equal then I think we should first abandon those old fashion things like gender separated sports events. Especially for sports likes playing pool where physical strength does not matter men and women should all compete together. 

And then there are those antiquated rules like in emergencies women and children should be rescued first. Why? And why should men go to war and fight with weapons and women not?

Somehow it seems many women pretend they want to be treated like equals but in reality they wants special rights and quotas just for women. What a stupid idea!

I was a nurse and there is a difference between men and women- women stab their enemies verbally, while men use fists. Otherwise, not much difference at all- some good, some bad. I was never treated differently, but I got paid less than I should have been because nurses get less pay than they should- the reason is because they won't go out on strike as readily as men.

I agree that gender based sports should go.

Military women do go into harms way almost as much as men now because there are no front lines any more.

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

looking around how messed up this world is should speak volumes on how lousy men are at doing their jobs..

And how high is the chances that women with do it better - especially women how only have the job because of some quota?

Personally I know a couple of competent female managers. And I know competent male managers. They all exist now already. Qualified women get good jobs without any quota. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And how high is the chances that women with do it better - especially women how only have the job because of some quota?

Personally I know a couple of competent female managers. And I know competent male managers. They all exist now already. Qualified women get good jobs without any quota. 

we don't what the chances are because of the lack of opportunity and I'm speaking to higher levels than manager..

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be happy with the same chance of keeping my home and children as she does.

So true, the law is skewed more and more in favour of women.

Also because senior female lawyers make a concerted effort to mold the law in this way, it's shameless. 

• Like 2

Hope this doesn't include special rights for third++ gender(s) or supra rights for homosexuals. These people already enjoy exactly the same rights as the rest of us. They just choose to look at it differently.

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

we don't what the chances are because of the lack of opportunity and I'm speaking to higher levels than manager..

Doesn't seem to be the case in the Public Service in Australia. Seems every department is headed by a woman.

Edited by emptypockets
Misspelled Public as Pubic
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 3:59 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I also just read that article. Unfortunately the Guardian does not allow comments. I guess they know why...

Personally I think men and women should have the same chances to do what they want to do. If they want to study or be a nurse or a pilot then fine, let them learn that profession. And then of course the better performers should get the better jobs.

The problem is that some people still pretend women and men think and act equal. That is obviously not true - but in some places it seems to be already a crime just to mention that maybe men and women are not equal. They are different. That does not mean one or the other is better. Just different.

If women really want to be equal then I think we should first abandon those old fashion things like gender separated sports events. Especially for sports likes playing pool where physical strength does not matter men and women should all compete together. 

And then there are those antiquated rules like in emergencies women and children should be rescued first. Why? And why should men go to war and fight with weapons and women not?

Somehow it seems many women pretend they want to be treated like equals but in reality they wants special rights and quotas just for women. What a stupid idea!

"Especially for sports likes playing pool".? Since when did playing pool become a sport? Any overweight smoke filled person can play pool. :cheesy: :cheesy:.

Edited by possum1931

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"Especially for sports likes playing pool".? Since when did playing pool become a sport? Any overweight smoke filled person can play pool. :cheesy: :cheesy:.

There are sports were people need coordination skills, precision and brain. And then there are other sports which can be won by people with IQ 80 if they just train the same again and again and again. I know which kind I prefer. ???? 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i think it should be a 50/50 chance that the girl offer to pay for me,

it would improve my economy and i would feel good about it

I am sure some girls pay for it. But maybe don't ask yourself why they don't ask you, not even 10/90 or you won't feel good about it. ????

But don't feel too bad about it, you are not alone.

I think woman are fine for short periods of time. And they never smell as bad as dudes unless you unwrap them. I walked into this one establishment last night and it was backbacker funk city uggggg....

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, spinner2020 said:

So women compete directly against men in, say, athletics, soccer, rugby? Fine, bring it on. That should stop them whining.

Women are always complaining that men look on them as sexual objects, then they wear skimpy tight clothing in sports like beach volleyball and athletics! I don't see male athletes wearing budgie smugglers to make their bits seem larger.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1