Trump says U.S. economy could take hit from coronavirus

webfact

He coldy and plainly says that mathematically based on current data that millions will die in the US. It is that bad I'm afraid. As the numbers rise ever higher the panic in the markets will be total.  

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

He coldy and plainly says that mathematically based on current data that millions will die in the US.

I think he meant the world. Let's take some of those numbers .. 7.7B people, 40% infected, 1% mortality .. it's about 31M or so. Mostly elderly. I think there might be a vaccine before herd immunity kicks in, but I don't think it'll be available in developing countries.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

He coldy and plainly says that mathematically based on current data that millions will die in the US. It is that bad I'm afraid. As the numbers rise ever higher the panic in the markets will be total.  

If every single person got infected and and no effective treatment is found to reduce the mortality rate and if the mortality rate is 2% then 3.2 million will die. 

That's a lot of ifs.  

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If every single person got infected and and no effective treatment is found to reduce the mortality rate and if the mortality rate is 2% then 3.2 million will die. 

That's a lot of ifs.  

The problem comes when the numbers grow into a rising wave lots of folk hits the hospitals at the same time - other chronic conditions that occur normally are also in the mix and facilities are simply overwhelmed. So some die not of the virus but other other acute conditions that could be fixed in normal times. That and the fact that the medical staff are under siege and in personal danger. That's when you need virus facilities such as new built hospitals (China) or requisited hotels or the like which need to be made into field hospitals. All milder cases and younger folk will probably have to sweat it out at home. And stressed doctors will have to see who lives and dies and older folks that don't have much a chance will be let go. The suffering and pain will be on an epic scale that we have never had to endure before. But hey ho it's just a bad flu and is totally under control now that delegated Mike Pence is in charge. I'm fairly convinced Trump will do a runner.

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Dude, grab China by the balls and initiate returning the factories from China back to West, now is the time to go for the jugular.

Uhm... you must mean grab the corporations by the balls. Politicians and didnt lead the charge of gobalization, they enacted the policies corporations begged (lobbied) for to reduce cost and increase returns for investors.

A post with a video from an unapproved YouTube source and the replies have been removed. 

A post with unsubstantiated comment about a golf trip and the reply has been removed.

A post with a TDS trolling comment has been removed and the member has been warned.  

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's a lot of ifs.  

The certainty is this virus is highly contagious and the only proven effective means of containment is authoritarian control over populations, not something acceptable in the US. - One of your ‘Ifs’ down.

There is no effective treatment ( The second of your ‘Ifs’ down).

The data indicates the mortality rate is 2%. (Your third ‘If’ down).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I think he meant the world. Let's take some of those numbers .. 7.7B people, 40% infected, 1% mortality .. it's about 31M or so. Mostly elderly. I think there might be a vaccine before herd immunity kicks in, but I don't think it'll be available in developing countries.

‘I think there might be a vaccine before herd immunity kicks in’.

You should change your username.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

While market panics are a real possibility, the certainty is that the virus is already hitting turnover and profits.

Industries and economies are already being adversely affected and these effects will play out in in quarterly corporate earning announcements through the year.

Epidemiologists are predicting peak infections around April-June, so expect economic impacts to continue for months thereafter.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, keith101 said:

The photo says it all , talk to the hand it has more brains than i do .

The hand of God . 

Could be a Chinese hand , new world rulers, only a matter of time..

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:46 PM, Eric Loh said:

Waste of time. Nothing he said will be factual and truthful. 

I disagree with you. I found one (O-N-E) factual statement that Trump uttered.

As follows, "This started in China."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

At least a baby step on the road to recovery.  Is there a 12 step for compulsive liars?

Pence also set a personal high water mark when 7.5% of the 1 million promised test kits were delivered by the "end of the week".

Yes there is a "12 step program"; 12 steps this way, 12 steps that way, 12 back. Oops, watch out you don't walk into the bars.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's a lot of ifs.  

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mortality Rate

3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of March 3

The updated mortality rate for Covid-19 is now at 3.4%.  For my rough calculations, I keep calculating a 4% mortality rate using the Johns Hopkins data. 

• Like 1

A post containing a trolling comment regarding an unknown medical condition that is "untreatable" and a reply has been removed.  Continue to post using that "Trump Derangement Virus" comment and a warning will be issued. 

3 hours ago, Silurian said:
15 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's a lot of ifs.  

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mortality Rate

This is the current updated mortality rate. The actual mortality rate will not be known for some time until all the variables work themselves out. That's why I said "If".

It could lower  it could be higher. 

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The certainty is this virus is highly contagious and the only proven effective means of containment is authoritarian control over populations, not something acceptable in the US. - One of your ‘Ifs’ down.

There is no effective treatment ( The second of your ‘Ifs’ down).

The data indicates the mortality rate is 2%. (Your third ‘If’ down).

IMO the following sentences should read as such.  

Perhaps the only proven effective means of containment is authoritarian control over populations at this time 

There is no effective treatment now

The available data indicates 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

The problem comes when the numbers grow into a rising wave lots of folk hits the hospitals at the same time - other chronic conditions that occur normally are also in the mix and facilities are simply overwhelmed. So some die not of the virus but other other acute conditions that could be fixed in normal times. That and the fact that the medical staff are under siege and in personal danger. That's when you need virus facilities such as new built hospitals (China) or requisited hotels or the like which need to be made into field hospitals. All milder cases and younger folk will probably have to sweat it out at home. And stressed doctors will have to see who lives and dies and older folks that don't have much a chance will be let go. The suffering and pain will be on an epic scale that we have never had to endure before. But hey ho it's just a bad flu and is totally under control now that delegated Mike Pence is in charge. I'm fairly convinced Trump will do a runner.

That's one scenario there also others. We will see, too early to tell.

Trump is not doing a runner he is at the best possible place he can  be at given his situation. .  

As the bodies mount up the carnage in the markets will be total except for any coronavirus plays and even front line defensive products may have acute supply chain problems. You need to have balls of steel and deep pockets to stay in or buy on at this moment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/06/business/coronavirus-stock-market.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

3 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

As the bodies mount up the carnage in the markets will be total except for any coronavirus plays and even front line defensive products may have acute supply chain problems. You need to have balls of steel and deep pockets to stay in or buy on at this moment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/06/business/coronavirus-stock-market.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

All gains or losses are imaginary until such time as you take money out. At this time I am not even looking my portfolio.  

289,234 Chinese stores have closed, 3 million more to close next month.

There is a group called, "Secret" buying them all up in America.  

Next step, buy all Chinese-owned buildings for $10 from $10 billion

This COVID this a massive DISTRACTION to the real news going on!!!!

The real news is ... . of course i cannot tell you

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The doctor is in the (white) house!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/06/got-medical-question-ask-dr-trump/

Got a medical question? Ask Dr. Trump!

Well he is the sharpie-est knive in the drawer. Who the hell thought electing him President was a good idea ? It's rather like asking your local butcher to do keyhole heart surgery on a hunch they are good at cutting up animals and handy with a knife. 

Edited by URMySunshine

Just now, Ventenio said:

289,234 Chinese stores have closed, 3 million more to close next month.

There is a group called, "Secret" buying them all up in America.  

Next step, buy all Chinese-owned buildings for $10 from $10 billion

This COVID this a massive DISTRACTION to the real news going on!!!!

The real news is ... . of course i cannot tell you

Shhhh or everyone will know.

• Haha 1