Where Should We Look For An Apt. In Bangkok?

My husband has just found an internship that will require him to work at the UN building in Bangkok. What sort of areas should we be looking for an apartment in? We're hoping to spend no more than 20 or 25K Baht for a furnished place (for a 6-7 month lease). Is this doable? I'm grateful for any advice you can give us. Thanks!

My husband has just found an internship that will require him to work at the UN building in Bangkok. What sort of areas should we be looking for an apartment in? We're hoping to spend no more than 20 or 25K Baht for a furnished place (for a 6-7 month lease). Is this doable? I'm grateful for any advice you can give us. Thanks!

I am also starting as an intern with the UN soon and looking for a place. Contact me via email so we can be in touch and exchange some info!

• 3 months later...

most of their offices are around thanon Rajadamnoern and phra athit, just by the river - for space, clean air and price you might want to look for a property on the other side of the river, in Thonburi. The phra pinklao bridge might be slow at peak times, but leads you to an elevated motorway which is rarery traffic jammed. Within a few minutes you can be almost in the countryside, with temperatures a few degree lower than in the town centre