Rationing and robbery: Coronavirus outbreak sparks toilet roll panic

snoop1130

On 3/7/2020 at 3:25 AM, techietraveller84 said:

Toilet paper has only been around for what, 100 years or so? What did humans use for most of their history? Leaves? Bare hands? The tongues of hungry dogs?

In days of old

when knights were bold

and paper wasn't invented.

They wiped their ass

with a bunch of grass

and with that they were

contented.

PS

I like the line in the OP.

The demand for toilet paper had caught some shoppers short.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 2

Doomsday preppers have been waiting for this day, building bunkers, lots of bullets and guns, tons of food and they were mocked but now having the last laugh 

Now it's fight over toilets paper but could a pandemic globally trigger killing over food? 

27 minutes ago, madmen said:

Doomsday preppers have been waiting for this day, building bunkers, lots of bullets and guns, tons of food and they were mocked but now having the last laugh 

Now it's fight over toilets paper but could a pandemic globally trigger killing over food? 

I wasn't aware that Covid 19 gave you the runs. Nor am I aware that it gives you a snotty nose ( dry cough and fever only mentioned ) so why the panic to buy bog roll??

Unless people are sh-tt-ng themselves in fear.

• Like 1

The shelves remain empty-the last time I saw bog paper in my town it was being carted out by grotesquely obese,tattooed lumpenproletarians (of both sexes) in shopping trolleys..

When I enquired as to why they were doing such a thing they responded.."It's on the News mate!It's on the News!"

Now..if Dominos,Maccas or KFC were to close they would all die in droves...never mind the Corona virus.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 4:18 AM, Odysseus123 said:

As I split my time between Thailand and Oz let me confirm that this report is quite true.

A panic prompted solely by social media descended upon my town of 25,000 people (NSW) three days ago and the shelves of Coles,Woolworths,IGA and Aldi were,indeed,emptied of toilet paper.

They got down to the real nitty gritty of their social media addicted lives on this one.

Good afternoon Odysseus.

Why people from Oz not wash it after? It smell, so dirty.

If my car have mud and try clean it with dry tissue, it not be clean. Must use the water gun. Same.

I not can understand why use the tissue. Lazy? Not care? 

Why?

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Why?

My favourite question ????

Why indeed - evolution, its not that long ago that in the western world we were crapping in the streets, we have moved forward somewhat, in the tropics its always been easier to stay clean as the water is not prone to ice or at the least be freezing cold, the west has long had Bidets, but they were deemed only for the affluent.

Interesting fact for you, when the motor car first came to the big cities it was considered to be a "ecological saviour" as finally they would be able to get the horses off the streets, along with the hundreds of thousands of tons of "horse manure" they deposited on the streets daily, they also were not very hygienic, back then people were used to wadding in $hit ???? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CGW said:

Why indeed - evolution, its not that long ago that in the western world we were crapping in the streets, we have moved forward somewhat, in the tropics its always been easier to stay clean as the water is not prone to ice or at the least be freezing cold, the west has long had Bidets, but they were deemed only for the affluent.

So affluent clean it.

And poor people use the tissue.

thank you

Ps. In the hotel the have the bumgun. But some people want use the dirty paper. 

18 minutes ago, CGW said:

Interesting fact for you, when the motor car first came to the big cities it was considered to be a "ecological saviour" as finally they would be able to get the horses off the streets, along with the hundreds of thousands of tons of "horse manure" they deposited on the streets daily, they also were not very hygienic, back then people were used to wadding in $hit ???? 

Horse $ht not so bad. Eat the grass. Same the buffalo.

Dog and human is bad, because eat meat. 

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

So affluent clean it.

Historically, yes - Why? they could afford running water & they could afford to heat the water, ice water in the middle of winter?

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Horse $ht not so bad.

Flies sure like it ????

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The 'bum gun' is the poor mans replacement of the bidet which has been widely used for 100's of years, they used to be very common in the more expensive hotels around the world.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yinn said:

So affluent clean it.

And poor people use the tissue.

thank you

Horse $ht not so bad. Eat the grass. Same the buffalo.

Dog and human is bad, because eat meat. 

Two of the biggest problems were flies and the disease they spread.  in the summer heat it dried and the dust blew everywhere.

Ever think how much of the dust in Bangkok comes from all the stray dog poo that dries on the streets and blows around in the dust in 2020 never mind 1890's ?????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

Phase 3 will be that the pannicky hoards dive in the Kleenex, wetwipes and kitchen Roll!

- that is when the bog really hits the fan... as I reckon the extra supplementary 'brown' layered paper won't all end up in the tissue bucket (bad as though smelling the bucket will become anyway) by the rest who try to do the right thing, for the sake of the septic/sewer pipes.

6 hours ago, CGW said:

Even more interesting.

In 1901 the Irish invented the toilet basin. In 1902 the English put a hole in it. ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

while not as serious I remember back in the 70s in the USA there was a run on toilet paper because of some fears about them running short and they were used in car oil filters or something like that

Well..as I type this emergency supplies of toilet paper are being trucked north from Sydney to my region.

The hysteria was solely created by and for social media and passed on to the deplorables with instructions to buy the stuff as quickly as possible.No instructions were passed on about food and water therefore they didn't buy any and the shops remain fully stocked on these items..

This is not the first time this has happened in my town as there was a run on milk just before Christmas with people scrambling in the aisles...in the belief that Australian cows were refusing to do their patriotic duty-tho' the evidence for non-lactating cows was pretty thin on the ground.

There is a frightening message in all of this..

Edited by Odysseus123