Two new cases take Thailand's Covid-19 total to 50

Jonathan Fairfield

Two new cases take Thailand's Covid-19 total to 50

800_c8165021a70b71a.jpg

The number of confirmed new coronavirus (Covid-19) infections in Thailand jumped to 50 with the announcement on Saturday (March 7) of two more cases of persons who had gone on an official visit to Italy.

Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Public Health, Dr Sukhum Kanchanapimai, and the ministry’s spokesperson, Taveesin Visanuyothin, said the two additions bring to 18 the number of people being treated in medical facilities, while 31 have recovered and there has been one death.

“Currently, Thailand is 25th among countries which have most Covid-19 patients,” the officials said.

“Both patients are Thai males aged 40,” the officials said. “The first patient had symptoms on March 5 and is receiving treatment at Rajavithi Hospital, while the second patient was receiving treatment at Nopparatrajathanee Hospital.”

“A Thai female, 30, who was a labourer in South Korea and landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport on March 5, has tested negative from two institutions. Meanwhile, another patient who is in a serious condition at Bamrasnaradura Institute, has tested negative,” the ministry officials said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383571

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-07
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

So far nobody has been infected when visiting Thailand. So they are doing something right (or the climate).

Most infections in Europe came from people visiting Italy.

I haven't seen a single report that someone visited Thailand and returned back home and got the infection from here.

image.png.a9d3d6ec3c883e8fcd853c9a3d4170c3.pnghttps://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/two-more-people-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-in-queensland-bringing-state-to-13-cases-c-731441

21 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

So far nobody has been infected when visiting Thailand. So they are doing something right (or the climate).

Most infections in Europe came from people visiting Italy.

I haven't seen a single report that someone visited Thailand and returned back home and got the infection from here.

Happened more than once. The first case was a south Korean woman a couple weeks ago already. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Meanwhile, another patient who is in a serious condition at Bamrasnaradura Institute, has tested negative,” the ministry officials said.

This is the bit I liked. Why even bother mention it, then? 

• Like 2

I start to believe that the heat has a role in reducing the spread of the virus, otherwise it would've been an epidemic in Thailand with so many tourists coming from risk areas. However, I don't believe in the numbers reported by the health minsistry. It is much higher than it is reported. The time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Thunder26 said:

I start to believe that the heat has a role in reducing the spread of the virus, otherwise it would've been an epidemic in Thailand with so many tourists coming from risk areas. However, I don't believe in the numbers reported by the health minsistry. It is much higher than it is reported. The time will tell. 

I tend to give this theory some credit based on the numbers of Singapore, it's still going up in Singapore but that's to be expected.

What I'm looking for is slowness as opposed to massive acceleration which seems to be happening in countries like Italy, France and Germany which are all pretty cold right now.

4 hours ago, humbug said:

last 2 weeks every CCP China troll on social media and propaganda CCP news media have been lying and pushing the idea, the virus originated from US, even though it originated in Wuhan, China, now we have the subservient SE Asia countries pushing the idea to their local populations, that the Wuhan virus came from the free-societies like S.Korea, Italy, UK, no way it came from master race China, so blame the free-societies and make them feel even more hated by racism and xenophobia from the local populations

How sick are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

I tend to give this theory some credit based on the numbers of Singapore, it's still going up in Singapore but that's to be expected.

What I'm looking for is slowness as opposed to massive acceleration which seems to be happening in countries like Italy, France and Germany which are all pretty cold right now.

Yes. Let's not forget.... Malaysia. A rather cold country.

????

93 cases.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

Edited by christophe75

utter <deleted>...... the text says undergoing treatment is 18.   That is the number they should be quoting.  They sound so disappointed that people have recovered.  Oh dear our lovely big alarmist numbers are falling.   Lets fear monger by quoting numbers since patient zero!

• Confused 1

These figures are based on the amount of testing. Countries like Thailand and the US have tested way fewer people so have much lower figures. US have tested around 2000, the UK figure is over 20000. No surprise the figures for positives are greater in the UK.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:54 AM, Davo369 said:

50 cases??? And the rest....

I would suspect at least three extra zeros have mysteriously gone missing here. They will probably appear on the end of this weeks tourist arrivals figures, so not actually lost. 

Edited by cryo
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, humbug said:

last 2 weeks every CCP China troll on social media and propaganda CCP news media have been lying and pushing the idea, the virus originated from US, even though it originated in Wuhan, China, now we have the subservient SE Asia countries pushing the idea to their local populations, that the Wuhan virus came from the free-societies like S.Korea, Italy, UK, no way it came from master race China, so blame the free-societies and make them feel even more hated by racism and xenophobia from the local populations

That's serious gear your on!

Share some links. 

• Haha 1