Impatient motorcyclist killed by train

Rimmer

3 hours ago, Hank Gunn said:

Except with a total population of approximately 69 million, it’s highly doubtful there are 68 million Thai drivers. 

I see it on a daily basis: Thais who can’t spend the extra two minutes to drive up to a U-turn but instead drive down the wrong side of the road; Thais who have a red light but can’t wait to make a left turn as traffic with a green light (i.e. the right of way) proceed through an intersection; and my favorite, Thais who just pull out of small sois and driveways without looking or slowing down because they just can’t wait.

And..... some Falangs who rent out mopeds while on holiday having never driven one before and having no bike licence, wearing no helmets, having a few beers and driving irratically when drunk.... yes, even pulling out into traffic from small streets, or suddenly swerving from their lane in front of a car.

And... more falangs renting out bike motor bikes, again with no expeience.. and speeding up and down the street till they have an accident.

Even the tourists who ignore red flags on the beach and drown, the ones that fall off balconies, the ones that randomly walk out into busy traffic, or fall off cliffs or walls trying to get selfies. 

And, I have seen a good few falangs driving drunk, going through red lights, not wearing helmets, even going the wrong way to cut out a U turn also!  

Edited by Rimmer
flame removed

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If it was just a line and some light/siren.

But this very busy salesman in a rush drove around the lowered bars.

Nothing can stop them.

His family won't find it funny.

No; they will say it was caused by 'Evil Spirits' instead of his own stupidity !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hank Gunn said:

And what percentage of farang idiot tourists crash and injure themselves here while on holidays. Certainly there are those and the ones who live here and have adopted the "Thai driving habits" but those numbers pale in comparison to the examples I cited.

Oh yes, that old chestnut. I'm critical about something Thai, therefore I must be a racist. How <deleted>' stupid. So I guess my Thai wife is a racist too, since she is even more critical of Thai drivers than I am. (She learned to drive in the US and drive several years there, and while there are certainly many poor drivers there, the difference between there and Thailand is incomparable.

I think % of foreigner tourist crash higher than Thai. 

Look at Phuket hospital, have foreigner everyday. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

First, what percentage of those foreign tourists in the hospital are there due to the atrocious driving habits of Thais. 

12%

18 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Quite apart from the commonsense aspect: poor judgment of space & speed.

Something I notice quite often here on the roads. In The West we think of that as mostly a female driver problem ...

In the case of a train in Pattaya you'd have to be completely incapable of estimating speed pf approach.  They travel at a snail's pace thru the city.  Trains are so infrequent, people don't even look anymore.  You see it everyday.  Coupled with a lack of deductive reasoning, which is endemic here (Barriers down means train coming), it's only a matter of time & luck really.

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

I find no humour in the death, injury or misfortune of others. Those that do, I wish you well...well far from me.

Each to there own... that's what makes the world interesting.

RIP for this man, who was in too much of a hurry.  It is better to be 5 minutes late in

this life, than to be early in the next. That is why patience is one of the virtuous.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error
  • Like 1

I gave a thai woman a telling off because she pulled out on me and had a kid on motorcycle with her . Her farang husband a few days later asked me why I spoke to his wife like that so I gave him come my home and showed him my dash cam video , he was thankful to me but so angry her that he made her walk their kid to school the next few days . She hates me for this 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benmart said:

I find no humour in the death, injury or misfortune of others. Those that do, I wish you well...well far from me.

Agree. 3 out 4 pages of comments from the usual bigots who would be RIP-ING all over the show and demanding others to be respectful if an old farang killed himself. But it was a Thai person, so it's game on to see who can come up with the lamest comment. 

This guy was someone's son, possibly husband or partner and may have had children.

Hang your heads in shame.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:15 PM, Vacuum said:
On 3/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, Rimmer said:

A motorcyclist too impatient to wait for an oncoming train was killed

On 3/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, Rimmer said:

The unidentified 33-year-old car salesman rode around a lowered barrier at the rail crossing

I've said it before ( and got some flak for it), Thais on a motorized vehicle just can't wait.

I've said it before (and got some flak for it) but was there any evidence that maybe the train was speeding?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I've said it before (and got some flak for it) but was there any evidence that maybe the train was speeding?

Are you suggesting that the train should have slowed down so the "impatient motorcyclist" should have time to drive around a lowered barrier and make it across the railroad? His family/insurance (if any) should compensate the train driver.