Tourism officials extolling Pattaya’s charms but few listening

webfact

Why would anyone waste their time and money in Pattaya when they are hundreds of better places to visit in Thailand... Anything starting with Koh is a better choice...  So long Pattaya... RIP

Edited by moutamine
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pattaya,s charms 

Let me think !.................................

Sorry ! still thinking.

I will get back to you.

3 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

The grass roots traders and hoteliers, bar owners etc never wanted rid of us, it was the politicians. They’d never admit to how dumb they’ve been. It’s a shame that the poorest and most hardworking will suffer the greatest hardships now.

Ha ha, 100% right, but remember it wasn't their fault it was all the viruses fault........ Hot potato !   Couldn't run a bath.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nev said:

They want us Western expats back now, Pity as it's to late.

Som Num Na.

Exactly!

EXACTLY!

EXACTLY!!!

But those TV experts will tell you that Thailand doesn't need your stinking money. You're irrelevant. Whoever is in charge at TAT and I&C deserve this and I hope they are fired and run out of town on a rail.

• Like 2

Pattaya has no real charms. It may have long ago.

It's just a sextourism holiday location.

The beach sucks. The buses clog up everything (until now). 

It's too expensive for anyone who just wants to chill and hang out at the beach. The clubs sucked.

What are these charms?

The buses were damn near parked on the beach. The whole beach area was poorly planned. Horrible.

Edited by DaveK68
  • Like 1

Just got back to Jomtien a week ago and it still is raging as if Recession and virus never happened.

Russians galore, Scandies and other Europeans up the wazoo.  The Land That Time Forgot.

Different story in Pattaya, though.  Central Mall is half deserted and, yes it does look like low season 

mid-July.  No tour busses and lighter traffic for sure.  NO CHINESE.  I'll take it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nev said:

My last few visits to Pattaya I can see no comparison to the place I first fell in love with 20 years ago.

I wonder if it's just my impression or more.... but how often these days does anyone hear Thais themselves talking about "sanuk".  And I don't just mean Pattaya, but in general.

It would seem those in charge have replaced "sanuk" with weary, dreary, and leery for the average Thai...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

I have lived here for six years and have never counted them, nor do I believe the numbers tossed about by various sources. 

Well if you are in disbelief, you should have taken a walk around Walking St on New Years Eve. 

57 minutes ago, moutamine said:

Why would anyone waste their time and money in Pattaya when they are hundreds of better places to visit in Thailand... Anything starting with Koh is a better choice...  So long Pattaya... RIP

Ok name 200 then

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Anyone who has been to Pattaya recently will know the truth, the few roads that have walkways are in disrepair this includes beach road, many roads do not even have the luxury of walkways or side walks, too many roadworks happening at the same time causing congestion on the roads making it difficult to navigate around the city, the lawlessness with regard to snatch and grab of personal goods and the dreadful way the Thai's drive around without a care in the world regarding the laws, dual pricing at local attractions, the stupid laws governing long term expat residents, the obvious disregard that the government has for all of its residents as can be clearly seen with their attitude to the corona virus and who they let into the country putting tourism above welfare, I can't really put my finger on the problem they are having........LOL 

Perhaps it is the stench that permeates upward from their sewers on every street that you forgot to mention? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

The problem with Pattaya is that its not exactly top of your list for a family holiday.

Young free and single maybe but for a family holiday its the last place i could think of .

I agree but the Russians seem to love to bring their young children to check out the prostitutes here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wonder if it's just my impression or more.... but how often these days does anyone hear Thais themselves talking about "sanuk".  And I don't just mean Pattaya, but in general.

It would seem those in charge have replaced "sanuk" with weary, dreary, and leery for the average Thai...

Many years ago before the mobile phone age of Pattaya it was Sanuk Mak Maak, The girls really enjoyed themselves and partied and looked after customers well.

Now and I am not just on about the girls everyone sits around staring at their phone, It's a sad indictment of society in a whole.

As for the Thais I know up in Khonkaen they still make trips from our village and quiet enjoy the new deserted Pattaya as they are on family holidays.

Maybe that is what the real Thais want.

A place thats quiet or empty will put anyone off.

Who goes into an empty restaurant?

Who would drink in the empty bar?

Which tourist wants a destination without life?

No one..

If I drove my car into an empty carpark I would automatically park next to the only other one there.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Despite  over 8 million tourists in the first half of 2017 who believed otherwise.......  

Is this a comparison in 2017 and now? Never can believe the numbers from the government regardless.