ATM banking fees

I've been charged a commission of 350 baht on March 3, apparently on an ATM withdrawal identified as #99001. My most recent ATM transaction was a withdrawal of 10,000 baht back in December 13.

350 baht sounds a bit steep for an ATM transaction that doesn't exist. Is this a bank error, or someone skimming? I find it difficult to believe a scammer would stop at 350 baht. Suggestions?

Ask your bank, if they argue or fuss, ask the manager...if he makes a fuss, close the account and go to another branch or bank and open a new account. This, if you are sure that it is a mistake of course....good luck !

p.s. which bank was this ?

Edited by observer90210

25 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

How would anyone on here know the answer?

Why don´t you contact the bank and ask?

Sorry, maybe a little harsh but it could be some fee or other issue they are aware of.

I would contact the bank get it squared away.

I am asking on TV because it is always possible someone here has had a similar experience.

I've taken a screenshot and printed it out, which I will query with them.

In answer to the other post, the bank is Kasikorn. I am closing my account with them, because they have been screwing me around on transferring accounts from one province to another.

No offense taken, I get grouchy myself sometimes.

The fee equated to 3.5% for that 10k which doesnt seem high etc dependent on card used.

BUT 3 months later? that doesnt seem correct to me. It needs the bank to answer why now when (as you claim) there have not been any withdrawals since December.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The fee equated to 3.5% pf that 10k

BUT 3 months later? that doesnt seem correct to me. It needs the bank to answer why now when (as you claim) there have not been any withdrawals since December.

The ATM code on the 10K withdrawal is completely different to the ATM code on the fee. It's called "Commission NB ", whatever that means.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The ATM code on the 10K withdrawal is completely different to the ATM code on the fee. It's called "Commission NB ", whatever that means.

Which Bank is this ? and what type of card did you use ?

22 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

As far as I know you can not transfer an account, certainly not between provinces and probably not even within a province. 

My experience is that you have to open an account in the new province and close the account in the old province (or just leave it open).

Correct. It's the 3000 baht fee for transferring the balance from the old account to the new account which is sticking in my craw, and why I am opening an account with another bank.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yeap...based on the numeric code and amount, it's the debit card annual fee.   The Commission NB entry is just a catchall description for a fee.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/th/personal/Digital-banking/Documents/ServiceChannelTellerNo.pdf

image.png.0f18f8beeccb16ad09b2aa6655e238fa.png

Thanks for the confirmation, that's the number I have.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:
4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

As far as I know you can not transfer an account, certainly not between provinces and probably not even within a province. 

My experience is that you have to open an account in the new province and close the account in the old province (or just leave it open).

Correct. It's the 3000 baht fee for transferring the balance from the old account to the new account which is sticking in my craw, and why I am opening an account with another bank.

Again just my experience. Online banking enables you to make transfers to your own and other accounts with no charge or a very small one, it’s only when you get the bank staff involved that there is a fee to notice.

Between your own accounts, wherever they are in Thailand there is no fee.

There are certainly limits to the amount you can transfer to another account holder in one day and the default is quite low but you can raise those yourself, as I remember it has a maximum of 1 or 2 million Baht. I don’t remember the maximum you can transfer between your own accounts each day if there is a limit.

I can do an online transfer from, for example Kasikorn Bangkock to my wife’s SCB Udon account of 70k & it’s either free or costs 10 Baht, I don’t remember.

Of course they will not tell you about that if you don’t ask.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

3000 baht to transfer out of province to the same bank is wrong

on KBank's website here it's capped at 1000 per transaction

If you don't ask, or find information for yourself you will be ripped off

Banks are like Immigration, the rules change with each office one visits.

The most effective way forward for me is to try online transfers first, from Kasikorn to my new bank. If that doesn't work, back to Chiang Mai for a day or two to withdraw cash.

The branch in Chiang Rai quoted me 35 baht for every 10K baht I transferred from CM to CR. I resisted the temptation to tell them what part of my anatomy they could kiss.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yinn said:

I know you feel.

i have the same problem before. 

So. I keep the account in Phuket. There is no fee for cash withdraw with card ATM in another province (new rule last year, before is fee, still charge fee for transfer)

i go to the bank in Ranong. Have ATM at the front. Withdraw the cash (from Phuket) and deposit in the Ranong branch. = no fee. 

If want transfer province to province= will be the fee. 

I hate banks. And their worker is not train properly, not know their job. And 90% the worker is stupid people. Really

This is one of the worst attempts to write as if Yinn was Thai that I have read.

58 minutes ago, stouricks said:

This is one of the worst attempts to write as if Yinn was Thai that I have read.

Some people have perfect grammar, spelling, puntaution and even know quirky little sayings only a foreigner would know....but still write with no past or future tense as if they are Thai....amazing really

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mike787 said:

If you sign up with Charles Schwab, ALL fees are avoided.  Period.

I'm not American, and having the IRS crawling all over me in addition to the Australian ATO and Centrelink does not appeal to me. Thanks but no thanks.

19 hours ago, baansgr said:

Some people have perfect grammar, spelling, puntaution and even know quirky little sayings only a foreigner would know....but still write with no past or future tense as if they are Thai....amazing really

and also able to conjugate and use the verb 'to be' 'is' correctly and use article such as 'a' 'the'

a more convincing way would be to use 'hab'  

On 3/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, Lacessit said:

I am asking on TV because it is always possible someone here has had a similar experience.

I've taken a screenshot and printed it out, which I will query with them.

In answer to the other post, the bank is Kasikorn. I am closing my account with them, because they have been screwing me around on transferring accounts from one province to another.

No offense taken, I get grouchy myself sometimes.

You'll most likely find it's the annual fee for your ATM debit card. The reason I say this is the first time I saw a debit of 350 baht and didn't know what it was. Bank advised it was the debit card annual fee and it hits my account at the same time every year. The amount of the charge has remained unchanged.