Pixar's Onward 'banned by four Middle East countries' over gay reference

snoop1130

Pixar's Onward 'banned by four Middle East countries' over gay reference

onward-pixar-trailer-vidpic-1280_0.jpg

Pixar / Google

Pixar's latest animation Onward has been banned by several Middle Eastern countries because of a reference to lesbian parents, according to reports.

The family film will not be shown in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, Hollywood media have reported.

Police officer Specter, voiced by Lena Waithe, has been heralded as Disney-Pixar's first openly gay character.

Her lines include: "It's not easy being a parent... my girlfriend's daughter got me pulling my hair out, OK?"

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51801384

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2020-03-10

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good luck that all those Christian bible thumpers are so open minded. ???? 

I am a believer in a power greater than myself and people can thump whatever or whomever they please, including those those who thump their own agenda upon thumpers.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I resent that. I've been watching "Supergirl" on Netflix for a couple of years now. I don't find her sister's love affair helps the story-line at all, but we must put up with the diversity. (though you won't find me watching it if a couple of guys start snooking it, swallowing each other's tongue).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For your education:

Yeah, nice experiment. Most of what he read is from the Old Testament. Some, I don't remember ever reading, but the key is the New Testament, which says, "for all have sinned".  The real important part is the forgiveness part. Christians are very tolerant and I as recall the Jews are not banning LBGT, etc in Israel.

It aint just the muslim countries mentioned... right in their own back yard (below)...

Wouldn't surprise me if China bans it too...

Woke Hollywood sure know how to appeal to their worldwide audience...  lol

https://www.advocate.com/film/2020/2/27/one-million-moms-boycotts-pixars-onward-over-lgbtq-character

One Million Moms Boycotts Pixar's Onward Over LGBTQ Character

Edited by Saddic
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am no expert but as far as I know the bible contains the old and the new testament. Do those christians have a rule now that they don't accept part of that book but another part they do accept?

And if it's acceptable to support one part but not the other should muslims not be able to do the same? 

It seems there is a lot of violence in the bible and the koran. And it's almost funny that some people only look at the parts which they like and ignore the rest.

Scrap religion and the problem is solved.

Christian countries allow gay marriage.

Your argument is nonsense and based on books written 2000 years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Your argument is nonsense and based on books written 2000 years ago.

Are you serious?

Are there any Christians who ignore the bible?

As far as I know they all believe in that book. Some believe every word literally and some are slightly more open. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 12:50 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am no expert but as far as I know the bible contains the old and the new testament. Do those christians have a rule now that they don't accept part of that book but another part they do accept?

And if it's acceptable to support one part but not the other should muslims not be able to do the same? 

It seems there is a lot of violence in the bible and the koran. And it's almost funny that some people only look at the parts which they like and ignore the rest.

Scrap religion and the problem is solved.

Climate change (et al) would merely replace the old sources of contention.

Plenty of modern ideologies to fight about.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you serious?

Are there any Christians who ignore the bible?

As far as I know they all believe in that book. Some believe every word literally and some are slightly more open. 

99% of Christians follow the new testament.

Plus Christian countries have lots of atheists and can speak.openly.

People get jailed or killed in muslim countries for free speech.

Wake up to yourself.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 1:24 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Are there "christian" countries that kill apostats? Do they stone women? Do they hang homosexual from cranes? Are hundreds of thousands out on the streets to shout "kill the infidels" when in a far away country a small newspaper publishes cartoons about Jesus?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Are there "christian" countries that kill apostats? Do they stone women? Do they hang homosexual from cranes? Are hundreds of thousands out on the streets to shout "kill the infidels" when in a far away country a small newspaper publishes cartoons about Jesus?

There are born again christians who invade muslin countries and kill many thousands of people pretending to bring them democracy. And lots of bible thumpers vote for those racist leaders.

But I guess the good news is that W didn't ban a movie. Yeah, great!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are born again christians who invade muslin countries and kill many thousands of people pretending to bring them democracy. And lots of bible thumpers vote for those racist leaders.

But I guess the good news is that W didn't ban a movie. Yeah, great!

Your equation is a joke.

Human rights, women's rights, homosexuals rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion - unknown in most of these muslimic s.hithole countries

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Your equation is a joke.

Human rights, women's rights, homosexuals rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion - unknown in most of these muslimic s.hithole countries

The only reason there is freedom in Christian countries is that there are many atheist and other religions. Otherwise they would love to copy those Muslims. Christians are just a lil bit worse because they don't make a majority. LIfe would be much better without religion that includes Christians. 

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

LIfe would be much better without religion that includes Christians. 

Sure it would.

The difference between christianity and islam is that our ancestors managed to pull the teeth out of the christian fanatics while islam is still stuck in the middle ages.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1