Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports

snoop1130

20 hours ago, Salerno said:

The virus lives on it :coffee1:

As already pointed out , no.

Yes and yes, fill it in, submit - data goes into system, show confirmation screen to IO.

--

Bottom line, print T8, fill in before landing, hand to IO ... ignore app unless/until they 100% enforce it. So far doesn't look like the IOs know what to do with the T8 as a guy was handed his back yesterday 555

where do you print something out while traveling or in flight?  seems logistically challenging

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Not if you plan ahead :coffee1:

Your assuming that travellers are aware of these news stories about AOT app etc.

At DMK and subsequently at visa on arrival area Saigon airport, I made it a point to ask people if they were returning to Thailand. Of several that said there were, not ONE was aware of any of what is being shown on Thaivisa or The Nation or whatever.

Very few tourists use Thaivisa.

I return Bangkok Monday. Will be interested what will be required. 

On flight DMK to Saigon you had to fill in a tick box form. That was it. BTW temperature taken on departure but not on arrival.

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your assuming that travellers are aware of these news stories about AOT app etc.

If people aren't actually researching with what's going on at the moment that's on them.

As it stands all reports I've seen is it's not being enforced anyway.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If people aren't actually researching with what's going on at the moment that's on them.

As it stands all reports I've seen is it's not being enforced anyway.

Of course it won't be enforced. Have a look at many tourists at airports. Lucky to find their way to passport control and even then some without arrival card filled in. 

Heck I always carry few extra pens. 

Where do you suggest they "research".

I asked staff at DMK of what's required upon reentry. No idea.

The form I handed in at Saigon was not checked. The passport was not checked. Couple of people were asked if they had been to Italy. They had the clerks wear a white coat. Nice touch. 

The term medical certificate seems to mean the tick box form you fill in.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Of course it won't be enforced. Have a look at many tourists at airports. Lucky to find their way to passport control and even then some without arrival card filled in. 

Heck I always carry few extra pens. 

I asked staff at DMK of what's required upon reentry. No idea.

The form I handed in at Saigon was not checked. The passport was not checked. Couple of people were asked if they had been to Italy. They had the clerks wear a white coat. Nice touch. 

The term medical certificate seems to mean the tick box form you fill in.

haha you're right, even though there are staff, supposedly, checking the arrival cards are filled in before you join the queue you still see people filling them in at the IO desk. they should send them to the back of the queue ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where any rational person would. The relevant website of whatever country they intend to visit and the airline they are flying. Not exactly a newsflash is it.

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

Where any rational person would. The relevant website of whatever country they intend to visit and the airline they are flying. Not exactly a newsflash is it.

AirAsia and I asked both at sales (as I needed to attend to cancelled Japan flights) and their inquiry desk. No one had a clue. I certainly wouldn't give much credence to stuff on Thaivisa unless it was from a member that flew into Thailand say yesterday. 

As for AOT "announcement" re App, yes I read that. Unworkable and just rubbish.

I fly in Monday. Guess that's when I will know.

BTW off the high horse. 

Not on any horse of any height, I also don't need hand holding as some appear to. If you weren't trying to be a smart <deleted> my apologies but it was a rather silly question IMO. You mentioned you'd just been to Vietnam, first time you went to Vietnam did you just rock up at the airport or did you research the requirements prior?

Edited by Salerno

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not on any horse of any height, I also don't need hand holding as some appear to. If you weren't trying to be a smart <deleted> my apologies but it was a rather silly question IMO. You mentioned you'd just been to Vietnam, first time you went to Vietnam did you just rock up at the airport or did you research the requirements prior?

Stop the games. Let's not confuse entry requirements that all countries have with the covid-19 evolving situation. 

You imply it's simple to be aware of what is currently required for entering Thailand at airports. Clearly not referring to visas, reentry permits etc.

Please list the requirements from your research being so rational.

I came in last night from Australia, I have a current multiple re-entry permit,the place was empty, no ques, never seen it that slow 8:30pm. No discussion about any additional info, documents, Apps etc.  Standard procedure as per normal. 

There are a few monitoring stations set up in the passage ways as you head to immigration, only 1 had people looking at screens, a roped off area, probably for secondary questioning but no one stopped.  Arrival hall as you exit customs 20% of normal traffic, maybe less. 

As an arriving passenger, it was good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

It is quite easy to bypass this new AOT requirement of the T8 app and that is to fly into Vientiane and do a land crossing because this T8 only applies to AOT controlled airports.

To fly to another country, and then to bother with land crossing, and then local transportation to nearest airport, and then actually fly to destination... just to avoid using the app? Why not just say phone is broken / not working, and fill in paper T8 form? (if they need any at all)

• Like 1

Just landed Phuket from KL... Nobody asked (and had no clue) about App or TM8, no temperature check, no questions...

(except those little Hitlers at I/O booths still doing their thing - kept asking me am I working in Thailand, why I make visa in KL and not in home country, etc... and I spent only 80 days in last 12 months jeez)

On 3/12/2020 at 7:23 AM, dhind1 said:

What if you go into Flight mode while in Thailand - effectively incognito, they will not be able to trace you. Will there be mandatory fines for this?

Nobody Thais-Facebook country people know this because make flight mode with Facebook not work and Facebook is vital for everyone.

You are so much smart for this country...............

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

You have obviously never 'researched' something on a Thai Government web site?

On 3/12/2020 at 7:31 AM, BobbyL said:

The problems with this are literally endless, and they hope to implement it within a few days ????. I wonder if anyone there perhaps brought up the potential issues such as -

1. Some people won't have a phone

2. Phone may have no battery

3. Phones without a data plan

4. People not understanding the languages and therefore unable to fill in correctly

5. Extra staff needed to assist with this

6. People just switching off their phone or data once they leave the airport

7. Problems logging in to the airport wifi

8. Problems installing the app

9. People with a phone but not a smartphone 

I typed those up in about two minutes of thinking. 

people  who dont  give a  <deleted> etc

On 3/13/2020 at 1:34 AM, DrTuner said:

Nothing says welcome to Thailand better than having to install an app with GPS tracking active. I'm just wondering how much will it take to keep the last tourist out, IOs shooting with live ammo when you arrive? 

nah  just shaking you  by the hand  should  get rid  of many

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Please list the requirements from your research being so rational.

Listed on TAT news: https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/tat-update-thailand-public-health-ministry-upgraded-covid-19-control-measures-for-travellers/

And MoPH https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

And various airlines.

Not seeing the issue (outside the usual cluster <deleted> but that's expected), if you're old enough to travel surely your old enough to figure out what is required at any given time.

7 hours ago, mngmn said:

You have obviously never 'researched' something on a Thai Government web site?

Actually I have but thanks for the uneducated assumption.

• Sad 1

Icelandman, no, Facebook is Not Vital for everyone. 

I haven't logged into nor visited FB since last Summer.  

I'm alive without using FB. 

FB is one medium to obtain Coronavirus information as it pertains to Thailand and her Immigration entry requirements; but many other sources also provide this information.   

With the entry rules changing, not merely being static, I'm postponing my travels to LOS until Coronavirus is under control and a relative sense of normalcy has returned to all air travel. 

Millions of people visit Thailand and yet so few cases of Covid 19!!!??? Really!!!

I for one do not beleive that there are so few cases.

Time will tell. I have a feeling the figure will leap very high, if not already, and that  the truth is not being told, as is the usual case. After all, Thai cannot loose face.