Markets suffer record meltdown as global coronavirus alarm grows

webfact

I guess those who saw a 'buying opportunity' last week in the stock markets are regretting it now.... I think the economic fallout will get a lot worse, probably markets will fall 20% more by summer.

By the end of the year i think the airline industry will look a bit different as well. Can you pick the survivors?

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Does Trump have any idea what the payroll tax is for?  It funds social security and medicare,  among other things. 

Of course he knows. His plan, assuming he is re-elected is to do away with social security and Medicare. That gives him a reason as there won't be enough money to pay for them.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gargamon said:
4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Does Trump have any idea what the payroll tax is for?  It funds social security and medicare,  among other things. 

Of course he knows. His plan, assuming he is re-elected is to do away with social security and Medicare. That gives him a reason as there won't be enough money to pay for them.

That would be amusing...except with Trump, anything is possible. 

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thai SET up today! 3+%

SET 50 6%+

I wouldn't get too excited.  Most of the world's markets will probably see a temporary rebound after yesterday's thrashing.  In investor's jargon, we call it a "dead cat bounce."  Still a lot of uncertainty in the world. 

Edited by Berkshire

43 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thai SET up today! 3+%

SET 50 6%+

C5940DC1-F45C-403F-BEF2-B8C05D92EE7A.jpeg

SET was down almost 10% in the morning session. The rebound probably due to Somkid’s announcement of a stabilizer fund to support the battered stock market. The investors still have confident in Thailand economy as seen by the 10 years bond yield climbing by 0.21% to 1.18%. The reverse can be said of the US economy. 

tha yanks have pumped a trillion $ into the markets but its not had much effect so far ,only a vaccine will turn it around .

the brits are testing a vaccine and guinea pigs get paid £3800 a pop .hears hoping it works soon

• Like 1