Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

29 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is because we are not stupid and we realise those face masks offer littler protection from Corona visa , why waste our time and money buying and wearing face masks that offer little protection .

Instead of buying those face masks, felangs have been going around 7/11s and buying up all the toilet paper and hoarding it , like back home . 

Plus we can’t find any , only gel starting to be released now still no masks in Korat, maybe they hoarding from us

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I can't believe this is real. Maybe i'm wrong but it looks like he is being trolled

There is a possibility...apparently he follows a government critic on Twitter, which would seem a bit strange. I'm guessing by tomorrow he'll come out and either give a half-hearted apology, or claim he was being impersonated.

As I am fluent in Thai, the comments he made do look troll-like, but it's hard to tell with this guy. Could be real, could be fake. The verdict is still out on this one.

Just now, drbeach said:

There is a possibility...apparently he follows a government critic on Twitter, which would seem a bit strange. I'm guessing by tomorrow he'll come out and either give a half-hearted apology, or claim he was being impersonated.

As I am fluent in Thai, the comments he made do look troll-like, but it's hard to tell with this guy. Could be real, could be fake. The verdict is still out on this one.

I would think if you are a government minister surely your account would be verified

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CraigInBangkok said:

should we not wait for actual confirmation that its his account first?

Fair point, but we'll probably find out by tomorrow. Both farang (expats and tourists) and Thais are fuming. If you can read Thai, look at the replies on his Twitter feed!

• Like 2

As me old granny used to say;" What can you expect from a pig only a grunt?"

Last month our Ambassador was photographed with Peppa Pig. I can only assume this little piggy was referring to the Ambassador?

Edited by Nip
Spelling

48 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Where are the responses from our do-nothing, cowardly embassies?

Don't worry, this will hit the international press big time, much bigger even then his previous stupid comments last month.

I'm sure it will be very beneficial for the tourism industry. NOT?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He called "farangs" dirty people who don't shower.

I can feel the love... did he instructed his folks to throw away the farang's money

Edited by Mavideol