Virus testing ready to reach warp speed

webfact

10 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"Ready to reach warp speed" oooohkaay

I wish to point out that "warp speed" doesn't exist, it is part of "science fiction", which may be a subconscious reason they used that phrase

But it got your attention though, didn't it? 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has 35 laboratories that can test 100-200 specimen samples a day for the Covid-19 virus and will soon open another 20, but there’s also a super-lab that can run 4,000 tests a day.

Pee baby.jpeg

So is this an  admission that they have not been testing much? Or had a testing issue or bottleneck?  When did these 35 centers come online?  3500/ day .  But needed 20 more?  Why need so many if 100% in control? Plus 4000 at one center that proudly can do PCR?  So the other ones cant do PCR?  I thought 100% under control.   I thought plenty of masks.  But then why all the reports from guys on TV and twitter about masks sold out everywhere?  People queuing up at 4am for small amount of government masks? 

I want to get a report on number of tests done each day.    I do hope the hot weather is helping Thailand.   If this is true they should ban aircon  use everywhere, airport,  BTS, all condos, shopping malls, restaurants,  etc. 

I do hope the hospitals are not overloaded  now or in the future.  

Edited by Elkski

They haven't even got past baby steps yet so a long way to go to get up warp speed. Lets just call it very slow acceleration that will build up to warp speed some time in the very distant future. Once the government lie in Thailand the loss of face makes it impossible to tell the truth, unfortunately it will cost many older residents their lives ???? 

Edited by cryo

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-close-developing-coronavirus-vaccine-071520423.html

Scientists ‘close to developing coronavirus vaccine after tests on mice’

3c3d3600-9e44-11e9-bed5-7464efbd32b1
By PA Reporter
PA Media: UK News14 March 2020

A vaccine for the Covid-19 illness caused by the coronavirus is on the verge of being developed, a team of scientists has said.

Researchers, led by Mucosal Infection and Immunity head Dr Robin Shattock, told the Daily Express they have successfully trialled the vaccine in mice and are hopeful it could be ready for human trials by June.

Senior researcher Dr Paul McKay, of Imperial College London, told the paper: “I’ve got results from a month after I injected (the mice) and the vaccine works really, really well.”

32 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-close-developing-coronavirus-vaccine-071520423.html

Scientists ‘close to developing coronavirus vaccine after tests on mice’

3c3d3600-9e44-11e9-bed5-7464efbd32b1
By PA Reporter
PA Media: UK News14 March 2020

A vaccine for the Covid-19 illness caused by the coronavirus is on the verge of being developed, a team of scientists has said.

Researchers, led by Mucosal Infection and Immunity head Dr Robin Shattock, told the Daily Express they have successfully trialled the vaccine in mice and are hopeful it could be ready for human trials by June.

Senior researcher Dr Paul McKay, of Imperial College London, told the paper: “I’ve got results from a month after I injected (the mice) and the vaccine works really, really well.”

Yep, but none of that changes the current expectation that it will be at least a year before a vaccine is fully approved and offered to the general public.  There was a news report in the U.S. this week quoting the head of one of the main U.S. public health agencies as saying the first American person to receive an experimental vaccine could occur within weeks from now. But there's still a long haul after that before it or any others can reach the world.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/human-trials-testing-coronavirus-vaccine-could-begin-within-a-few-weeks.html

“I want to make sure people understand, and I’ve said that over and over again, that does not mean we have a vaccine that we can use,” Fauci cautioned. “We mean it’s record time to get it tested. It’s going to take a year to a year and a half to really know if it works.” 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

So testing capacity to soar to capacity under 10k per day with a population of 69,040,000 locals plus tourists refuges and illegals to boost to over c 70 million.

So without a calculator c 7000+ days, assuming farangs at back of the queue I hope I stay alive for the 20 years to test all, 260 moons or 4 juntas at average pace.

Note to self polish Jatukom.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bluedoc said:

Just passed through customs an hour ago at the Cambodian border. There was a que of Europeans waiting to be tested me included. While I was there about 200 hundred either Thais returning from Cambodia or Cambodians visiting Thailand. Not one was tested at the Thai border. Just Europeans. Madness.

How did that work regarding getting a confirmation regarding the test ?  How much did they charge for the test ?

There are may factors why people get sick and why more males than females got sick in China and around the globe. The first is pollution as you can see the Virus isnt reported to be alot in rural areas but Madrid, Lombardy, Hubei and if you look Wuhan and Lombardy are one of the most polluted places ofcourse also Madrid. Second thing is more males than females got sick in China because more man is smoking in Asian countries than females, they found that smoking is producing some kind of receptors on which virus attaches easier than with non smokers, doctors advice to everybody to stop smoking and not to stay in polluted areas. I believe in Thailand is much more cases, its not about hunidity just look 0acked up BTS every day in the morning, packed up buses, the numbers are lying but definetely what i can see as big improvement against European countries is that all should wear masks, all of people sick and healthy it helps stop spreading the virus and in Europe noone is wearing a mask its not the way to fight against Virus, Health system cannot cure all but more than Hospitals we can do ourselves with our thinking, wear a mask if you have mild simptoms stay at home that is how China stopped spreading, but guess what? China was strong enough that could stop all factories and life for nearly 3 months in area that 60 million people works, i guess European and western countries decided for different approach. We will let this virus spread how many dies dies but we will not risk economy and people are just Collateral damage. After anyone who says Commies this Commies that think about again is it really Capitalism and democracy so mucj better? You see the results infront of your eyes. 

Everyone is blaming Chinese for that, but in fact it was our countries which screwed up everything because as far as i saw in Europe, USA, Thailand all were claiming WE are ready for Epidemic, were they? They had two months for take drqsric decisions for stop spreading like make enough masks for themselve not selling to Chinese, buy adtional Respiratory Machines, as far as i can see they were screwing around how to get few hundred citizens out of Wuhan with Airplanes instead they should be preparing for Pandemic, same thinking our health system is good we can manage now. All in all first must come from cleaning up this governments second peoplenl around Europe should rise and destroy this Hitlers legacy called EU and get back own soverignities cause now this EU doesnt look like EU at all, Germans mind own asses, French, Italians are screwed anyway l, Austrians closing border so where is the benefit of big EU??? Only Germany have benefits because they stuck migrants into our countries they choose the best for them doctors, ingeneers but criminals, terrorists they leave to smaller countries to coope with them and people must rise after this Virus is finished EU must be abandoned and if Germany and Merkel wants immigrants they can all get them not only which one they like. UK made best decision and i m glad that they managed to do first and the rest of countries especially Italy i see as first will follow. I am disgusted by plans that made EU parliament for fight against Covid-19 as there were no plans even the countries putting billions for their chairs and asses in Brussels they didnt do anything to stop this. 

"Thailand’s Ministry of Public health explained today that the sharp rise in confirmed Covid-19 coronavirus cases reported in recent days is due to new testing standards. In the past, two labs have had to show a positive result before a case was confirmed, but now a positive result from one lab is considered a confirmed case. The situation was explained today by Assistant. Professor Walailak Chaiyasoot said at the Covid-19 daily report press conference on Tuesday."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/sharp-jump-in-thai-coronavirus-cases-due-to-new-testing-methods

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

"Thailand’s Ministry of Public health explained today that the sharp rise in confirmed Covid-19 coronavirus cases reported in recent days is due to new testing standards. In the past, two labs have had to show a positive result before a case was confirmed, but now a positive result from one lab is considered a confirmed case. The situation was explained today by Assistant. Professor Walailak Chaiyasoot said at the Covid-19 daily report press conference on Tuesday."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/sharp-jump-in-thai-coronavirus-cases-due-to-new-testing-methods

Ha, Anutin just lost control of his throttle at the NIH lab. However, the other reference lab belongs to the army:

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-reference-laboratories-providing-confirmatory-testing-for-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=a03a01e6_2

Not sure if a tank on a pipe is any faster than a foot on a pipe.

Usually I'd gloat about having been right for the last few weeks, but the situation is too dire for that. Now they must stop the coverup and start to really test.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 12:35 PM, DrTuner said:

Ha, Anutin just lost control of his throttle at the NIH lab. However, the other reference lab belongs to the army:

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-reference-laboratories-providing-confirmatory-testing-for-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=a03a01e6_2

Not sure if a tank on a pipe is any faster than a foot on a pipe.

Usually I'd gloat about having been right for the last few weeks, but the situation is too dire for that. Now they must stop the coverup and start to really test.

It’s funny that the numbers stay around the 100 mark. I wonder how many test they are doing.