Anutin says he has no ill feeling towards foreigners, denies posting ‘dirty westerners’ Tweet

rooster59

On 3/15/2020 at 8:22 AM, RichardColeman said:

So, Trump bans UK travellers, a place 200% safer than the USA by diagnosed cases ? 

Cannot hope that the entire world bans USA travellers when they hit 10,000 !

I played with the numbers for the USA. The model I derived shows that, at the current rate, the US will hit 12000 cases by the 21st March and 48000 a week later. Lets see what happens. "at the current rate" is the key phrase though. It will depend on partly oh government action and the people's approach to minimisation of the risk of infection. 

How in god's world can this guy be the HEALTH MINISTER... speaks with forked tongue for one thing... and he's obviously a moron!! I arrived in bkk last Friday morning.... no temperature screening no nothing.... that's flying in from India.   Another friend a few days before that flew into same airport in bkk from oz... same again... no temp check no screening no nothing.

• Like 1

The misinformation out there amoung Thais is outstanding.

Wife thinks if you believe you have it go to the hospital. 

In the meantime let's use your hands to put ice in other people's drinks.

Lady selling food from her cart today sneezes all over her food.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

The misinformation out there amoung Thais is outstanding.

Wife thinks if you believe you have it go to the hospital. 

In the meantime let's use your hands to put ice in other people's drinks.

Lady selling food from her cart today sneezes all over her food.

There's misinformation about misinformation.

Good advice that.

Can the virus survive on ice?

Poor lady. Obviously has the virus.

14 hours ago, ParkerN said:
17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Can't help facts, which I posted as released by the Thai government, the deliberate mis-spellings were an attempt at humour. Sorry if they missed the mark, but I don't sneer, so what I wrote was not sneering, and I can't do very much to help the national IQ level, which if you're interested, is roughly on a par with the national average in the USA (2 points below if memory serves).

Apart from that, my only suggestion if you don't like what I write, is not to read it. See the little switch on your computer? The one marked on/off? It's the ultimate antidote to inconvenient truths. Try it - you'll see.

On the contrary, your comment had a very sneering, contemptuous tone, not at all like the revised attitude shown in this comment above.  

I didn't say that I didn't like your comment but I did think that it was uncalled-for and irrelevant and the point of a forum is some kind of discussion, not the computer's off switch.

What a horrible little creature this guy is definitely should not be where he is. If I ever get a chance to meet him I think he would be an excellent candidate for Some intense attitude adjustment ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

If I was inclined to wear a mask, where pray tell, would I buy one? Not at Makro, not at any drug store that I've been into lately. If one was the suspicious type, one might suspect hoarding and price gouging. Never happen with Anutin in charge though, he's right on top of things.

I went to one of the pharmacies in the big village here in rural Khampaeng Phet and bought 3 "fashion" masks for 100฿, a biggish bottle of hand sanitiser 220฿ and a 50 gram alcohol sanitiser for 60฿.

Not everywhere is sold out though I suspect that in the bigger cities with millions of people panic buying, stock will have run out.

Was just informed by a friend in the US, and then read the article from the paper that can not be named of a Thai Military General who is in charge of Public welfare to have become a current statistic of the COVID-19 Virus. Seems that 60 other top military members have all been in contact with him from a meeting they attended and are being self isolated as well.  Of course he was at Lumpini Boxing stadium, so lets see how they spin this one since there were probably dirty foreigners in attendance as well.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I went to one of the pharmacies in the big village here in rural Khampaeng Phet and bought 3 "fashion" masks for 100฿, a biggish bottle of hand sanitiser 220฿ and a 50 gram alcohol sanitiser for 60฿.

Not everywhere is sold out though I suspect that in the bigger cities with millions of people panic buying, stock will have run out.

I live in a village near Chiang Mai, no masks here or anywhere I've checked in Chiang Mai. Obviously I haven't checked every pharmacy in CM but the ones I have checked didn't have any. My wife is a student at a technical school, they've been making masks as ordered by the government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramrod711 said:

I live in a village near Chiang Mai, no masks here or anywhere I've checked in Chiang Mai. Obviously I haven't checked every pharmacy in CM but the ones I have checked didn't have any. My wife is a student at a technical school, they've been making masks as ordered by the government.

I am off to Khampaeng Phet tomorrow for a monthly bulk shop in BigC, Tops and Makro taking with me my mask, hand gel and thermometer. I will see what I can find there. Probably no masks but I will look at a couple of pharmacies just in case.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:21 AM, tifino said:

what he said is recorded on video for all posteriety

what he wrote, is on plenty of caches around the world... of whoever/wherever of those who read his since-deleted tripe

Yep, this guy spoke before engaging his brain ....... Thai mindset tends to do this a lot as they become angry so easily leading to instant explosive remarks & actions. Again, denial seems to be the first response to any accusations here, but it's all on video in this case etc etc, so really a "hands up" I said that & I apologize is all that's needed ........... by his denial only makes things worse for him & damages Thailand's worldwide reputation as "The Land of Smiles". What a "<deleted>". The damage caused by all the recent remarks about foreigners living & visiting Thailand will eventually show in the ToT forecasts, they will not be able to continue to "fudge" this issue any longer .... fact.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

Yep, this guy spoke before engaging his brain ....... Thai mindset tends to do this a lot as they become angry so easily leading to instant explosive remarks & actions. Again, denial seems to be the first response to any accusations here, but it's all on video in this case etc etc, so really a "hands up" I said that & I apologize is all that's needed ........... by his denial only makes things worse for him & damages Thailand's worldwide reputation as "The Land of Smiles". What a "<deleted>". The damage caused by all the recent remarks about foreigners living & visiting Thailand will eventually show in the ToT forecasts, they will not be able to continue to "fudge" this issue any longer .... fact.

I think he had his brain very much engaged when he said this, because he along with those around him believe this stuff.

But don't feel bad that he's picking on farangs, pretty sure he thinks that many of his fellow Thai's are equally dirty and not worthy of his respect.

Remember a couple of years ago when during Songkran a Sino Thai HiSo tweeted that 'the air smelled better in Bangkok' after all the Lao went back to Issan?

These people live in a weird bubble of irrationality and xenophobia 

• Like 1