Do not resuscitate

SteveK

3 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:
4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I think you'll find that DNA and it's science, which is what he posted, is, in fact, recognised worldwide.

Either the poster mistakenly used the acronym DNA when typing his post instead of DNR (DO NOT RESUSCITATE) or his ID tags do have the letters "DNA" stamped on them, which would be meaningless to medical providers trying to sustain his life.  

I was just commenting on what he actually posted, not on speculation about what he may have done or not done.

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:36 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I've wondered this myself. Maybe better to tattoo on you "i have no money, you will not be paid if you resuscitate me, so don't, thank you"

A waste of time, better having a tattoo saying no money and a bank book with a 100 baht balance!

Tattoo is a bad bet as there are some cases that the doctors are sued after they "respected the tattoo" because the patient told his/her relatives that they changed their mind and was on his/her way to remove the tattoo.

A written document in the hands of your spouse/family is much better.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess one of the problems is the Hippocratic Oath. As far as I know doctors make the oath to save lives. 

The oath is non binding and has no legal standing.

It has as much validity as an engineer's iron ring ceremony.

What matters are The Medical Council Regulations on Medical Ethics Preservation.

In these dark days, for us oldsters & health-compromised, this is a very helpful thread. I have no wish to bankrupt my loved ones.

I have a direct question about the Living Will form, in the "I do not want section" under "Other".

If there are docs among us, what "Other (specify)" might one wish to add here.

TIA!