Thai govt statement in English regarding new COVID-19 measures

webfact

All I can say is thank god I got all my visa/extension/reporting stuff sorted in February, would hate to be going through that rigmarole in the current climate of panic. Yeah, I can pretty much lock down and watch the show. Must be serious, even my SO is on the hand sanitiser/mask kick.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Have you actually read any medical reports concerning the effectiveness of wearing masks?

As for the end of the world in nigh, it's the final apocalypse, it's God's revenge, it's doomsday etc etc etc - right-to, if you say so.

Wonder if this mysterious pandemic will do for mankind before the meteor hits; the nutters in North Korea or Iran start a nuclear war; climate change means we're all living in a dessert and water is the new currency a la mad max; or the forces of evil finally rise and reveal the pope is the anti-christ after all.

So there are still people who do not believe that the Papa is the anti-christ? 

Nutters everywhere. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Interesting he told Thais overseas to stay overseas. Other governments are telling nationals to get home asap. ..

Cambodia is telling their migrant workers in Thailand to stay in Thailand and not come back for the New year (which in any case has been canceled).

2 hours ago, Caspersfriend said:

Most likely: c) If they don't already have it they fear that they will probably catch it from the masses waiting for treatment at the hospital.

Or d) they are afraid of being quarantined

I do find though that people aren't at all clear on the symptoms of COVID. Many get upset when someone sneezes or has a runny nose, neither of which are COVID features.

(And of course many cases are altogether asymptomatic)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Right. I have to do a border run in a few days to re-up my multi-entry visa. I have no symptoms. How would I produce a certificate when coming back across the border? Or will I just be stuck outside Thailand with no way to get back in? I have a U.S. passport. Even though I have been in Thailand the prior 90 days, previous posters here in other threads have indicated that IOs often don't look just at where you've just been, they look at your passport to decide which restrictions apply. 

EXACTLY what i am talking about and to be honest i really do NOT understand our Embassys and Consulates here anymore, asking the same questions and inform their country -men, women, cucumbers etc  about what happend to them.
At least some of us paid their Taxes for quiet some time in our homecountries so actually we should have a right of information.
I still have no idea where or to which country you still can leave Thailand overland

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes mask do nothing. don't wear them.

yes spread the virus everywhere. cause more mutations as each wave is different.

collapse the global economy. help close the banks. destroy your pension. lose your life savings.  

hurry up there is still time to post more "don't wear a mask" "mask do nothing" comments before the power goes out. 

Should I wear a mask to protect myself?

Only wear a mask if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms (especially coughing) or looking after someone who may have COVID-19. Disposable face mask can only be used once. If you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill then you are wasting a mask. There is a world-wide shortage of masks, so WHO urges people to use masks wisely.

WHO advises rational use of medical masks to avoid unnecessary wastage of precious resources and mis-use of masks  (see Advice on the use of masks).

The most effective ways to protect yourself and others against COVID-19 are to frequently clean your hands, cover your cough with the bend of elbow or tissue and maintain a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) from people who are coughing or sneezing.

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

foreigners coming from six infected zones - China, Macao, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy, and Iran - as well as countries with continuing transmission of the virus, are required to have health certificates issued in the previous three days, as well as health insurance coverage.

Where is the clarity in that statement? 

To my knowledge, that includes pretty much every country there is as transmission is continuing everywhere.

Edited by metempsychotic

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Personally I don't believe the Thai Government figures.

Many Thais are suffering from the symptoms of possible Covid 19 infection.

They are reluctant to visit their local hospitals, a) due to fear of spreading the infection to the already sick, or b) they cannot afford the test.

Money comes first, public safety second in Thailand.

In addition, the availability of masks or alcohol sanitizer is non existent, either from local outlets or online. Asking for any kind of antibiotic from the local pharmacies, your now subjected to a third degree grilling.

And what is wrong with the pharmacist grilling all the self-educated experts self-medicating with drugs that shouldn't be readily available simply for the asking? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Didn't think Covid19 had sneezing as a symptom?

A sneeze is not a symptom of anything. It is simply a reaction to an irritation in the nose. So you can sneeze whether you have Covid 19 or not.

However if you do have C19, it's a surefire of spreading it around!

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

To preserve life!

Whilst most ably fit and active persons may suffer but recover without any medical intervention, the potential to spread this very infectious virus to elderly, especially with already underlying health issues could be deadly for them. (That may include you).

Yes but one could argue whether saving the lives of 50 to 100 million unproductive geezers, at the cost of the collapse of the economy is really worth it. I stop you right there before you go steaming, or worse, at 67 I am one of them.  

6 hours ago, Epidemiologist Dave said:

It is most likely that a large number of out of work massage and bar ladies will return to their Isaan homes to see their families travelling mainly by bus. A sure fire way of distributing the virus.

What do you suggest they do?

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Personally I don't believe the Thai Government figures.

Many Thais are suffering from the symptoms of possible Covid 19 infection.

They are reluctant to visit their local hospitals, a) due to fear of spreading the infection to the already sick, or b) they cannot afford the test.

Money comes first, public safety second in Thailand.

In addition, the availability of masks or alcohol sanitizer is non existent, either from local outlets or online. Asking for any kind of antibiotic from the local pharmacies, your now subjected to a third degree grilling.

It suspect it is where you live that is causing the non availability of masks or alcohol sanitiser is non existent, either from local outlets or online. So your post may be correct for where you live but not correct nationwide.

The "big" village 6km from where I live no longer have the green masks though they do have a different sort at 3 for 99 baht. They have a fair amount of sanitisers gels as well and there is no panic buying out here at all. If I asked at the local pharmacy for antibiotics and they had them in stock they would sell to me without a problem as I have been going there for years.

37 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yes but one could argue whether saving the lives of 50 to 100 million unproductive geezers, at the cost of the collapse of the economy is really worth it. I stop you right there before you go steaming, or worse, at 67 I am one of them.  

Should we not respect all life, especially the elderly and more vulnerable.

They were once productive ….. your living proof of that.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

It suspect it is where you live that is causing the non availability of masks or alcohol sanitiser is non existent, either from local outlets or online. So your post may be correct for where you live but not correct nationwide.

The "big" village 6km from where I live no longer have the green masks though they do have a different sort at 3 for 99 baht. They have a fair amount of sanitisers gels as well and there is no panic buying out here at all. If I asked at the local pharmacy for antibiotics and they had them in stock they would sell to me without a problem as I have been going there for years.

The problem where I live is that as soon as anything is available they are bought and sent to relatives down in Bangkok. Only this morning I spoke to a Thai neighbour who purchased masks and sanitizer for relatives in Bangkok and now can't obtain any for herself.

Look on Lazada, usually plenty of availability, now nothing.

Even the local hospital can't supply all the staff with new daily masks, where we had our first confirmed case of Covid 19 this morning.

6 hours ago, Epidemiologist Dave said:

It is most likely that a large number of out of work massage and bar ladies will return to their Isaan homes to see their families travelling mainly by bus. A sure fire way of distributing the virus.

According to the missus, a woman who returned to Korat recently by bus, has tested positive for the virus. So, it appears to have started spreading to Isan... 

These body temperate scanners now being widely used at outlets are also a joke.

At Makro, the wife read 34.2C, so was suffering from hypothermia, or had just died.

I read 38.4C, now that's a fever and a cause for concern.

We were both allowed to enter.

Most probable, the batteries needed replacing, not ours, the scanners.

Normal body temperate should be around 37C.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

The problem where I live is that as soon as anything is available they are bought and sent to relatives down in Bangkok. Only this morning I spoke to a Thai neighbour who purchased masks and sanitizer for relatives in Bangkok and now can't obtain any for herself.

Look on Lazada, usually plenty of availability, now nothing.

Even the local hospital can't supply all the staff with new daily masks, where we had our first confirmed case of Covid 19 this morning.

Well, there we differ. I ordered 2 N95 Face masks from Lazada yesterday. Scheduled for delivery next week.