COVID - Samui bar closures

Was told that Surat Thani have issued a notice about bars having to close in Samui for two weeks. The poster I was shown was in Thai, which I don't speak, but will try and post it so someone can translate. Please correct me if I am wrong. See below:707460656_Screenshot2020-03-18at18_06_41.jpg.6c0ca32c93c808667d3f93edd9a01239.jpg

Edited by phetphet

You are correct...

Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: tekst

–and it will also include massage shop – was told be some shop-owners that the authorities began to get around and tell them to close for two weeks – just like in Bangkok, and a number of other countries around the World.

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

What I can't understand is closing the bars, but not the "walking street"  markets. Saw the one at Central Festival being set up today. probably more mingling going on there than in most small bars.

The closed the walking street markets – it would have been Maenam China Town today, but closed, and the vendors says that all walking street markets are closed, so that should be Fisherman Village tomorrow Friday – but the malls stay so far open all over the nation, according to the news articles, so the market at Central Festival might be considered part of the mall.

• Like 1

My wife received a notice to close the spa at the resort where she works as the spa manager. It is an island-wide order from the Ministry of Health. All bars have been ordered to close on Samui unless they also serve food. A quick ride around Maenam yesterday confirmed that this is the case; the ones serving food were open, the others were all closed.

8 hours ago, lom said:

All bars will now sell Som Tam?

Well they definitely sell it on some stalls in the market in front of the Green Hotel in Bangrak, which is setting up for tonight's Saturday market as I write this.