Only collective action will prevent a lockdown — Anutin

snoop1130

Saw an interview with this bloke. One question was about the drop in income from tourism. His answer was that Thais shouldn't travel overseas but should travel all over Thailand to spend money. Brilliant. Lets do what the rest of the world is saying don't do. Avoid or stop all non-essential travel.

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Therein lies the rub .. Do the population have the discipline to follow the advice being put out about keeping the distance if they must go out at all .. If not it may have to be the big stick approach .. 

Long answer NO  short  answer NO,  still got  my 5  workmen here  all sharing the same drinking  cup

Had to go to Pichit public hospital on Wednesday to see the doctor,  who happened to be the sweetest sexiest looking doctor ever....and female,  and a lot of people were wearing masks,  not many fitted right,  but not a lot of social distancing.  We moved lickerty split when somechai sitting a few seats away started coughing.   I didn't really want to go but being short of tablets forced me to....well it's a bargain aT the hospital pharmacy at 218 baht all up as opposed to 600+ down the main street....plus my new favourite dream girl happens to work there! 

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

My sister in Australia, who lives in the outback so not really affected, has written to say that the authorities have told the public if you are seriously ill with covid-19 and are over 65 don't bother going to hospital, you won't be treated, all resources will be spent on the young who have a good chance of pulling through

I can’t find a reference to this anywhere on Australian media. Source?

Sounds like a misinterpretation of a hypothetical worst case scenario.

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

My sister in Australia, who lives in the outback so not really affected, has written to say that the authorities have told the public if you are seriously ill with covid-19 and are over 65 don't bother going to hospital, you won't be treated, all resources will be spent on the young who have a good chance of pulling through. Pragmatic and logical I admit but it didn't take long for the veneer of civilisation to fall off. It would appear that the NHS will be going the way of triage so hide your pension book.

Sounds like your sister is a scaremonger! 

• Like 2

Yah. If in doubt, wheel 'ím out.

One more jester in the clownshow couldn't hurt...

Please God do not ever let me be dependent for my safety and security on these clowns... They don't have a clue, not a single clue. If they had brains, they'd be dangerous.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Sounds like your sister is a scaremonger! 

Well, given the numbers, if this policy isn't already in place, then we will see it become widespread - this year. The person who said this is unlikely to be scaremongering, the problem is that unpopular opinions from frightened people are always called 'fake news' or 'scaremongering'. I don't think it's that, it's just people who feel vulnerable being frightened, and rightly so.

This is going to get nasty. Be frightened for ourselves first, all we've got is Anutin and Prayuth and people just like them.

3 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Well, given the numbers, if this policy isn't already in place, then we will see it become widespread - this year. The person who said this is unlikely to be scaremongering, the problem is that unpopular opinions from frightened people are always called 'fake news' or 'scaremongering'. I don't think it's that, it's just people who feel vulnerable being frightened, and rightly so.

This is going to get nasty. Be frightened for ourselves first, all we've got is Anutin and Prayuth and people just like them.

Your another one then.The sister in the Oz outback is telling porkies,the member who posted it is spreading falsehoods and your agreeing? Why do you think it’s beneficial to be <deleted>scared?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ParkerN said:

wait  until  they  start  rolling out  the  fortune  tellers

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2020 at 6:01 PM, Justgrazing said:

Therein lies the rub .. Do the population have the discipline to follow the advice being put out about keeping the distance if they must go out at all .. If not it may have to be the big stick approach .. 

My close, and extended family, all living (at the moment) in our village could not give a monkeys about self isolation, distancing or avoiding crowded places. 10 of them in my pick up down the market yesterday. When I try to explain to the Mrs about it, excuses why NOT are all I hear. How can poor people get their food? How can children not play with each other?  Still no reaction when I told her that in two weeks her two sisters, their husbands and ME could be brown bread. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/20/2020 at 7:07 PM, NCC1701A said:

"This job is icky now. I want to drive a train. Please. Please. Please."

1584683317306.jpg.e5a5ad13e514fd069db33171aa2ad35d.jpg

Thai smile no. 23: The <deleted>-faced grin.

Largely comprised of narrowing of the eyes and baring of the teeth, this is the smile you get when the smiler really wants to rip your kidneys out and not to smile at you at all.

Beloved by pooyais and often accompanied by a wai with the iittle fingers splayed to illustrate pooyai-dom, this is the smile that says: have all the little people gone yet?

• Like 2

Just at  my local Big C to get a few groceries. I was amazed at the mask wearing compliance of customers. Almost 100% including farangs (myself included).

Who wasn't wearing them? Mostly the staff in the fish, meat and poultry preparation area. I think I saw 1 wearing. Such a contrast. Ok, I am reasonably certain they have been tested but Anutin going on about us dirty farang not wearing masks and here are people preparing and packing food for the public to eat. If a farang was doing that imagine the outcry.  TiT.

15 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Thai smile no. 23: The <deleted>-faced grin.

Largely comprised of narrowing of the eyes and baring of the teeth, this is the smile you get when the smiler really wants to rip your kidneys out and not to smile at you at all.

Beloved by pooyais and often accompanied by a wai with the iittle fingers splayed to illustrate pooyai-dom, this is the smile that says: have all the little people gone yet?

He (a new tin) is such an arrogant A through Z hole.

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

He (a new tin) is such an arrogant A through Z hole.

True, true, but then being a winning personality has never been a requirement for getting a government job from your mates.

Or having any relevant knowledge or experience.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, Burma Bill said:

My thought as well when I read it. No mention of "collective efforts' by resident farangs! What a racist man!

No, he's just a tosser. Same as all tossers except he's a Thai as well.

Got the quinella...

IN my country the PM talks about us working together as a country, he has yet to include foreigners in any calculations. Why would Thailand be any different? Politicians talk to those that provide the votes and no one else.

10 hours ago, Rancid said:

IN my country the PM talks about us working together as a country, he has yet to include foreigners in any calculations. Why would Thailand be any different? Politicians talk to those that provide the votes and no one else.

Yes. A good point. And true.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:23 AM, JAG said:

To be fair to Anutin (you just won't believe how difficult that was to write!) He was addressing the Thai population on a Thai broadcasting station. It goes without saying that those of us who live or are visiting should simply follow the measures that are put in place for the Thais, whatever we think of them.

Yes, wasn't that utterly stupid, as utterly stupid as Anutin's outbursts.

Correct. Foreigners, falangs or others don't get the vote. He plays to his audience and all of a sudden he is the face of the Government as others have gone AWOL.

I have just caught the back end of an interview he did recently with CNA, the Singapore TV station. The interview was in English and he has a good grasp of the language. He came accross as intelligent, thoughtful and considered. He said that the Corona crisis is not being managed politically, rather medical and scientific experts are developing policy and politicians are enacting the policy. 

The interviewer noted how popular he was with Thais and made it clear he was being touted as the next PM. Of course, he was non committal and gave his full support to Prayut.

I do dislike his recent remarks about foreigners but the guy does seem to have a lot going for him, not least his command of English which is important on the international stage. He is not from a military background, he made his money in business before moving into politics and he is a bona fide experienced politician. He seems to have the knack of drawing support from other politicians.

He could well end up as PM if; for sake of argument; Prayut stood down due to ill health. He may not be as bad as people think and would likely be an improvement on the current incumbent, though that bar is not set so high.

It is interesting that the town of Vo, in the centre of Italy's epidemic, is now corona free.

The town has 3000 people and the was locked down and ALL residents tested. They were surpised to find 3% (89 people) infected. Instead of sending them to hospital, where they could spread the virus, all the infected were ordered to stay isolated at home and were treated. Any serious cases were to be evacuated to hospital, but, thankfully, this was not required.

At the end of 14 days the whole town was tested again (including those who initially tested sick) and just 3 people out of the 3,000 tested positive. The process was repeated and now nobody has the virus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1