Daelim WH-125, braking starts the bike after power washing

Kf6vci

Hi All,

the place which usually puts air in my tyres, chose to power-wash my scooter. Afterwards, the brake lever starts the bike. And braking lets the starter motor howl while the engine is running.

What on earth has happened? The horn was dead, but after 20 minutes, it's working again.

The starter button is not needed (shorted out)?? 

One thing is certain, the gears of the starter or the starter motor itself will die soon. OR drain the battery.

Never let someone wash a running bike!

12 minutes ago, Kf6vci said:

Another Q: I got a owner's card which says HONDA. But it has a carb and isn't a Honda, it's a Daelim.

Is such fraud common? 

Don't know what you mean by owner's card, Daelim were involved with Honda but that was many years ago.

Depends on what you mean by fraud there engine is probably a Honda copy. ????

Kf6...can you post a few pics of your bike, no license plate showing? Many punters in Pattaya and elsewhere know their motorbikes extremely well. If your bike shorted out during a power wash, what do you think will happen during rainy season?

Best to buy a new Honda Wave 125i from Mityon----which is fuel injected.

You wrote:

"Another Q: I got a owner's card which says HONDA. But it has a carb and isn't a Honda, it's a Daelim.

Is such fraud common?"

The only fraud committed was your lack of due diligence. Honda swapped to its excellent F1 Fuel Injection system in 2009 model year. No carbs...so you must've purchased a unicorn.

6 hours ago, burgdawg said:

Kf6...can you post a few pics of your bike, no license plate showing? Many punters in Pattaya and elsewhere know their motorbikes extremely well. If your bike shorted out during a power wash, what do you think will happen during rainy season?

Best to buy a new Honda Wave 125i from Mityon----which is fuel injected.

You wrote:

"Another Q: I got a owner's card which says HONDA. But it has a carb and isn't a Honda, it's a Daelim.

Is such fraud common?"

The only fraud committed was your lack of due diligence. Honda swapped to its excellent F1 Fuel Injection system in 2009 model year. No carbs...so you must've purchased a unicorn.

I will do that, tomorrow. IT's night already... Pulling the brake lever hard, ends the staart motor engaging. - I hadn't asked for a power wash or anything like that. All I wanted, was air in the tyres.

Seems the guy wanted to make extra money.

---

Q2: the bike has been sold as a HONDA. It's not, and a blue ownership card states "Honda". 

But genuine Hondas would have PGM-FI...

Dont panic.  Water has been blasted into the starter switch. Leave it to dry/spray WD40 into the switch. Happens to many bikes. There hasnt been a fraud. Did you know that most Hondas arent made by Honda (Japan). Daelim make Hondas. They are a licenced Honda manufacturer. They make real genuine Hondas. Same as many different companies , in different countries , such as Hero , in India etc.

Edited by ktm jeff
  • Like 1