Can anyone guess how long these shoes will last (starting to fall apart)

finy

My running shoes have started to come away at the soles. I suppose it's not too bad, but I'm just wondering if any knowledgable people can guess how long they have left.

IMG-0193.jpg

IMG-0194.jpg

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It depends if you plan on using them again. 

I had a pair of expensive Merrel mountain boots that seemed fine and both soles came off suddenly on my first day in Bangkok. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I had a pair of expensive Merrel mountain boots that seemed fine and both soles came off suddenly on my first day in Bangkok. 

Edited 47 minutes ago by Tayaout

Because they wanted to be in the mountains, not hot sticky BKK

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

What's the prize for the nearest guess?

My fault.

I should have said are they ready to rip apart after a few runs.

Not how long they will last.

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

same with me only running shoes. and at 3400 baht a pair i want to salvage them.

any body know the best gun to use for gluing a entire sole back on?

13 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

same with me only running shoes. and at 3400 baht a pair i want to salvage them.

any body know the best gun to use for gluing a entire sole back on?

I tried before with epoxy and even went to a shoe repair shop in Canada and it's mostly useless and won't last long. 

Edited by Tayaout

Gluing soles of shoes back on is SOP in Thailand. Expect it; know where your shoe repair stalls are located.

You can of course buy shoe glue and DIY. Lazada has various brands:

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=shoe+glue&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.1125719cMWUQdn

That will work for a while, but a shoe repairman will do a much better and more lasting job.

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

And? So did I, and still do. Same thing happened, though it took a bit longer. Shop glued 'em back on and sewed. Been good ever since, useful armor against Thai streets & sidewalks.

15 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I tried before with epoxy and even went to a shoe repair shop in Canada and it's mostly useless and won't last long. 

Takes a Thai repairman to deal with the harsh Thai conditions. Bet your Canadian shop didn't sew them, either.

4 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Ive been wearing Merrill Moabs for years and never have a problem. Best light hikers out there.

IMG-0193.jpg

I run cross-country with The Hash. They looks quite reasonable to me. ???? 

It is what you cannot see which is more important. Like the cushioning and support structure.

But yes go street corner and get them sewn up. Or buy a roll of duct tape for the eventual repair.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

" shoe glue" is readily available for 15 baht a tube, that and a little patience and good as new !. ????????

Should be good to go for atleast  6+ months or more depending on abuse.

If you mean the 15 baht brown gunk from Mr DIY - just don't. That stuff's khrap. It goes crisp and nasty.

Try the Nianba brand glue from Aliexpress which is clear and flexible and so far working fine for me.

Edited by charlie farnsbarns
  • Like 1