Sharp increase in Covid-19 cases in Thai provinces 'cause for concern'

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Thailand needs to move beyond scapegoating farangs for every problem and taking responsibility for their own failures.

Your having a laugh Fred? Military dictatorships acting on behalf of "corporate" do not take responsibility for failures, empty words my friend ????

On 3/22/2020 at 7:01 PM, Just1Voice said:

Hate to say it, and would hate to see it, but I have a feeling Thailand may lose one-fifth of their population before this is through, mostly because of their own ignorance. 

You would think the Chinese government  had some influence on the forces that be here in Thailand!  I wonder how many came to my neck of the rice patties! 

2 hours ago, South said:

Folks, don't worry. A certain minister said that come Songkhran, it will blow away. No need to panic.

Technically he's not wrong, since Songkhran has now been moved to some unannounced date in the future. 

• Haha 2

You'll get this with lack of knowledge, ignorance or just being plain stupid from the people and politicians and it will only get worse, you need to separate , separate one point five meters and stay right away from any venues, self imposed isolation for yourself, family and friends, otherwise you are peeing into the breeze, large droplets of Coronavirus will travel up to 3 meters when someone's sneezes and the virus can stay active up to four hours on some surfaces like cardboard, aluminum or stainless steel. This info is from the Medical guy's and girls in OZ.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:14 PM, CGW said:

I hope you are wrong, but they are prime candidates for sure, their respiratory systems are not going to be in great shape with all the pollution & smoking, poor diets and poor living conditions. ????

I disagree with "their own ignorance" they are not very well informed nor have they ever been, but the end result will be the same.

I think he is talking about the ignorance of the people running the country. They kept letting the Chinese come here for the sake of money absolutely no concern for the lives of Thai people and the rest of us that live here. Now the stupid Deputy Prime Minister keeps running his mouth about this being the fault of caucasians as he tries to pass blame for his own irresponsible actions. I have many Thai friends and they are disgusted by the things that he says. Thai people are not as stupid as the government thinks they are. The Deputy Prime Minister has no business being the position he is in and needs to be removed from office as he is a disgrace to Thailand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I think he is talking about the ignorance of the people running the country. They kept letting the Chinese come here for the sake of money absolutely no concern for the lives of Thai people and the rest of us that live here. Now the stupid Deputy Prime Minister keeps running his mouth about this being the fault of caucasians as he tries to pass blame for his own irresponsible actions. I have many Thai friends and they are disgusted by the things that he says. Thai people are not as stupid as the government thinks they are. The Deputy Prime Minister has no business being the position he is in and needs to be removed from office as he is a disgrace to Thailand.

Totally agree, they are afraid of insulting the Chinese because it will hurt relationships, oops, sorry I mean it would hurt the number of tourists coming from China to spend money when they allow it again. My wife and most Thais here where we live in Nakhon Si Thammarat feel the same way about what the government are not doing, which was not much and also lying about how many were infected. 

11 hours ago, CGW said:

Your having a laugh Fred? Military dictatorships acting on behalf of "corporate" do not take responsibility for failures, empty words my friend ????

Yes, totally a dictatorship here and only care about the rich and the corporations with big money. Just look at what Trump and the Republicans have done by trying to be like a dictatorship, mainly being concerned about corporations and not the people. Trump has been no different, first calling it a Hoax, saying it will go away and not taking any responsibility. Now like Thailand, America is paying the price because of idiotic leaders caring only about money.

• Like 2

Hate to say it, and would hate to see it, but I have a feeling Thailand may lose one-fifth of their population before this is through, mostly because of their own ignorance. 

Yeah but only those getting a pension, the demographics was getting lopsided and the government was worried about having to pay decent pensions and improving health care for the elderly, lucky that covid-19 came along, shelve the plans for now.

This fiasco should be filed under the heading of "We Never Saw It Coming..."

The fact that in order to flee the urban centers where most of the cases are, the average Thais have to pack together in bus stations, and then be confined to innards of sardine-can buses for hours as they flow back to their villages - to infect the villages that were essentially socially isolated in the first place.  
From the confines of their estates and sanctuaries, those who set off this stampede will claim they never anticipated such an end result occurring due to the mass movement of the plebs, phrai, samankon, and other regular people from infected areas to non-infected areas.  :thumbsup:  Of course not.

2128650873_imageproxy(1).jpeg.a5f930d2cb212a502a7a2b61370a88b7.jpeg

•  

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

people like you scare me, it seems that sometimes a good education doesn't work.

Are you inferring the poster has good education - - that is certainly open for debate ????

On 3/22/2020 at 8:27 PM, Brigand said:

You have to realise that the locals don't give a flying fc*k about this sort of thing. You can't appeal to their better nature as it's concentrated on me me me. They will not do as they are told, will all disappear to where they want and to hell with the consequences as long as I'm OK. There is very little community beyond the villages and even in the village it's vicious. The photos of Morchit sum it up well ...screw everyone so long as I get out. They may as well just accept the casualty rates and carry on as normal as you are not going to get any coming together of society as it looks like everyone for themselves and if it gets you it gets you. A symptom of the modern world I'm afraid and we will see the results soon enough.

There was a post on here a few months ago, which described a Thai man saying that 'Thai' means 'free' and that all Thais can do whatever they want. He then went on to wax nonsensical by saying that Tthai language says that they know they are free because their language tells them so.

I know, I know but that is what the guy said... at least, that's what the poster said he said.

Thinking in straight lines isn't generally what Thais are good at...

1 hour ago, connda said:

This fiasco should be filed under the heading of "We Never Saw It Coming..."

The fact that in order to flee the urban centers where most of the cases are, the average Thais have to pack together in bus stations, and then be confined to innards of sardine-can buses for hours as they flow back to their villages - to infect the villages that were essentially socially isolated in the first place.  
From the confines of their estates and sanctuaries, those who set off this stampede will claim they never anticipated such an end result occurring due to the mass movement of the plebs, phrai, samankon, and other regular people from infected areas to non-infected areas.  :thumbsup:  Of course not.

2128650873_imageproxy(1).jpeg.a5f930d2cb212a502a7a2b61370a88b7.jpeg

•  

Do you know why they go back home to their home provinces? It doesn't seem so. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Do you know why they go back home to their home provinces? It doesn't seem so. 

It was a foolish way to send these people home but they indeed did need to go home. Every one of these people live paycheck to paycheck. Even a day without work means many don't eat. I could've seen rioting in Bangkok if they stayed just like the monkeys in Lop Buri. 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, ledi said:
On 3/23/2020 at 7:35 AM, Peterw42 said:

I am not understanding the argument that the virus cant live in temps over 27 Celsius, Heat kills it etc

IT THRIVES IN A HUMAN BODY THAT IS 37 DEGREES.

Good reasoning, Peterw42!

I tried pointing that out on another thread (or perhaps post) with the nonsense email/message that's been going around the place with regards to this, and about taking deep breaths, and sipping water etc etc...... 

Supposedly from a medic in Australia, but it is full of inaccuracies and belongs in the junk email file.

I live in Chiang Rai province, in a small 300 house village. There currently 3 infections in the province.

Today my wife tells me the PEA ( electricity ) are to refund money to all households, summat to do with the initial installation, and depending on the ampage  - 5 = 300 baht, 15 = 900 baht, they will get a refund after filling in forms etc etc. 

She knows when this starts being effective in 2 days time that everyone will flock to the local office at the same time to get their money, and this refund has no time limit. But she knows and understands the local mentality.

Local people here have no grasp of the seriousness of the situation facing them.

A man ( drunk ) with his 4 mates in Maesai yesterday, who didn't give a twopenny <deleted> about the virus was thankfully arrested by the police today.

'Mai pen rai' and 'Mai mi ben ha' will sound pretty hollow after attending funeral after funeral in the village.

1 hour ago, ParkerN said:

There was a post on here a few months ago, which described a Thai man saying that 'Thai' means 'free' and that all Thais can do whatever they want. He then went on to wax nonsensical by saying that Tthai language says that they know they are free because their language tells them so.

I know, I know but that is what the guy said... at least, that's what the poster said he said.

Thinking in straight lines isn't generally what Thais are good at...

Stupid posts come from every country but I would never generalize that EVERY citizen of the country is stupid. 

On 3/22/2020 at 7:22 PM, NCC1701A said:

everything OK Thailand. Sure.

Hey hey hey farang.  Get you mask on, get the tracking app on your phone, and get back into your home.  And wash those clothes too.

• Haha 1

You might want to compare the infection rates in the USA and UK to those in Thailand before you start flinging around accusations of ignorance.

Edited by Mark1066

1 minute ago, Mark1066 said:

You might want to compare the infection rates in the USA and UK to those in Thailand before you start flinging around accusations of ignorance.

I think Just1Voice was talking about those migrant workers and tourists who will not return because of the way this was handled......

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think Just1Voice was talking about those migrant workers and tourists who will not return because of the way this was handled......

Okay, sorry, I must admit I didn’t read every post.

EDIT: Although, having reread his post, I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion he was referring to migrant workers and tourists not returning?

Edited by Mark1066