Pattaya: "English Rose" bar brazenly serving drinks to tourists despite Covid-19 ban

webfact

2 minutes ago, smiggley said:

Lots of restaurants/bars are still open and advertising food and cold beers on a daily basis, until these places are closed down the same as bars nothing will change.

What it is begging for is a 2 week curfew

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:
1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Probably should have arrested the patrons too

for what? drinking beer?

Of course not but by the same token English ignorance and stupidity are also not punishable offenses.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fruitman said:
English rose

Epithet

English rose is a description, associated with English culture, that may be applied to a naturally attractive woman or girl of traditionally fair complexion who is from or is associated with England. The description has a cultural reference to the national flower of England, the rose, and to its long tradition within English symbolism.

The English rose comes from when the Houses of Lancaster and York were united. 

1024px-Tudor_Rose.svg.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What people don't understand ? They were prob stuck in their glass of beer while instead they should have been watching the news . This isn't funny news , and these measures are not to be taken lightly . I do not like Thai police and everything , but this time i think they are way behind in what they should do ... if they want the tourists back fast . Shut it all down , fast and hard , or you will face ( too late i think ) the same like Italy ... 100's of death a day , and looking at the vids of the nurses and doctors , it really is very hard .

And yes i think they should charge the visitors of this bar also , and yes thats for drinking a beer in a shutdown period . I would have never imagined me saying that , but i would have never imagined the things i see over here in Europe every single day over here also ... historic times ....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I mentioned this a while back in another thread, guest houses/hotels should be allowed to cater for their residents since they are staying there, restaurants should not be open to sitting customers - a fine example Treetown on soi Bukeow brazenly serving food and beers like nothing was going on (probably run and owned by a cop), restaurants should only be serving food as a take out or home delivery not to sitting customers - what is the difference between serving beers or serving food or both to passing customers ??????.........none whatsoever - THIS IS NOT AN ALCOHOL BANN 

Somehow if you order food in a restaurant you can't be infected with COVID-19 ?

wow, and this is exactly what I am talking about, something sensible - who would have thunk it, must be reading my posts

Latest from the WHO: 

Self-isolation won't work.

The key is to test and identify the carriers and the sick, then to isolate THEM. Isolating the healthy and non-carriers from the healthy totally pointless.

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-who-ryan.html

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Latest from the WHO: 

The key is to test and identify the carriers and the sick, then to isolate THEM. Isolating the healthy and non-carriers from the healthy totally pointless.

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-who-ryan.html

way too late for the US/EU/UK, that time has long gone..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Arrested all of them then send them all off to be executed since they all don't give a shiit about themselves or others.

I have a better idea. Due to that they do not care about themself, they can be useful. Now when so many people travel home to their provinces, they can be used as test dummies. Put one in each village to party with the people coming home and wait for the result.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sezze said:

What people don't understand ? They were prob stuck in their glass of beer while instead they should have been watching the news . This isn't funny news , and these measures are not to be taken lightly . I do not like Thai police and everything , but this time i think they are way behind in what they should do ... if they want the tourists back fast . Shut it all down , fast and hard , or you will face ( too late i think ) the same like Italy ... 100's of death a day , and looking at the vids of the nurses and doctors , it really is very hard .

And yes i think they should charge the visitors of this bar also , and yes thats for drinking a beer in a shutdown period . I would have never imagined me saying that , but i would have never imagined the things i see over here in Europe every single day over here also ... historic times ....

I believe for Thais the last thing they want now is "tourists back fast"..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Latest from the WHO: 

So, that means that self isolation will not help to point out the infected, with a minimum of more people being infected?

Does this nut head understand that by isolating the healthy from the healthy, they also isolate the carriers from spreading it to the healthy.

Somnetimes it´s amazing that such educated people can be allowed to act so stupid.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1