body temp. check at lotus

jonesthepost

Temperature is one symptom - and could catch someone out and about who has Covid - though it wouldn't catch an asymptomatic 'super' spreader for sure.

Just as these masks - they won't stop you breathing in virus, but they may help limit the amount that you spread it. There are good reasons for doing these things - they aren't expected to be a 100% protection by any means.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Temperature is one symptom - and could catch someone out and about who has Covid - though it wouldn't catch an asymptomatic 'super' spreader for sure.

Just as these masks - they won't stop you breathing in virus, but they may help limit the amount that you spread it. There are good reasons for doing these things - they aren't expected to be a 100% protection by any means.

They should make everybody wear face covering when outside to stop the spread

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, offset said:

Most people use surgical masks, which should be changed every four hours, and/or every time you touch them. So that means that for Thailand  we would need something like 6 times 66 Million masks a day... I don't know what some people wear but it looks like their Grandma's underpants. I guess that stale urine kills the virus.

Edited by Boomer6969

2 hours ago, offset said:

Then they'd have to shoulder the responsibility of providing enough masks - and outside it's very easy to maintain a 2 metre distance from other people.

I have a handful of N95 masks, and will take one to put on when I enter Makro or Tesco, but it's impossible to buy more at any decent price. If the situation gets much worse, and you're entering areas where the virus can be circulated in the air, then you should also consider putting on some swimming goggles too...

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

Then they'd have to shoulder the responsibility of providing enough masks - and outside it's very easy to maintain a 2 metre distance from other people.

I have a handful of N95 masks, and will take one to put on when I enter Makro or Tesco, but it's impossible to buy more at any decent price. If the situation gets much worse, and you're entering areas where the virus can be circulated in the air, then you should also consider putting on some swimming goggles too...

I said a face covering I know there are not enough mask to go round but even a cloth covering the nose and mouth would be better than nothing and I think would help stop the spread

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 7:29 PM, Rotweiler said:

I assume this is your idea of a joke.  37 is normal (normal range is 36.5 to 38)!

That was the standard made more than a century ago and today most people seem to be about 36.6 and more than 37.5 is often considered a low grade fever these days.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:39 AM, luudee said:

This entire temperature checking thing is rather useless. If you are infected, it

takes an average of 11 days before any symptoms are seen. Which means everybody

who carries the virus for less than 11 days, will appear as "healthy".

I doubt anyone who has a temperature, would go out shopping anyway.

It's just like all those useless surgical masks that do not protect against a virus ...

luudee

People are assuming that wearing masks is for self protection.

Not so. As you point , apparently healthy people may have the virus. Wearing a mask means that if somebody is unwittingly infected , the chances of them transmitting the virus to others is reduced.

The term ' super spreaders ' refers to just such people. They are infected but don't know it and carry on as normal , all the time transmitting the virus.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:55 PM, uncleP said:

At one supermarket near me I was informed that anyone with a temp of 37 would not be admitted ????

The average normal body temperature is generally accepted as 98.6°F (37°C). Some studies have shown that the "normal" body temperature can have a wide range, from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C). A temperature over 100.4°F (38°C) most often means you have a fever caused by an infection or illness