Mae Sot: Four Chinese men caught sneaking over the border in Thailand

webfact

Mae Sot: Four Chinese men caught sneaking over the border in Thailand

9pm.jpg
Picture: 77kaoded

The Mae Sot district chief, immigration and military forces apprehended four Chinese nationals.

The men were caught sneaking over the border from Myanmar. 

They were all sent to health authorities within Tak province for screening and testing for Covid-19. 

They are now in the custody of the Mae Sot police, reported 77kaoded.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-23

11 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

But why? more curious to find out why? Wouldnt they be better to be going to china?

Looking for a politician to supply face masks to take back and sell!

• Haha 2

Border is as watertight as a sieve.  Twice in the last two years i have driven over the Border in the Fang area without realising it and twice been stopped by Local Cops when they see Thai Number Plates.  They just told me to go back the way i came.

• Like 1

The immigration checkpoint in Mae Sot at the bridge over the Moei River sees a trickle of trade for those with nothing to hide.

Majority of the action takes place about 200 metres upstream where smuggled goods and humans get unloaded along the river bank from a fleet of little boats.....and it all takes place under the distant scrutiny of authorities who take a slice of the profits.  Or at least that's how things operated a decade ago.

These Chinese chaps attempted a DIY border crossing, which is a sure way to land you in strife with corrupt officials.

Met a Chinese guy a few years ago near Chiang Mai who's business was moving cars over the border in Mae Sot. Seemed to have a very efficient operation shifting cars stolen from Thailand to Burma and bringing in high end cars from Burma to Thailand. Offered me a Mini for THB150k - plates not genuine but set up to be able to pay tax and get compulsory insurance.

I had a car, so didn't take him up on his generous offer. But that border is not tight in any way.