Bangkok governor issues 7 strict guidelines for public to tackle Covid-19 spread

snoop1130

Bangkok residents told not to travel outside the city and to at stay home

26238819_337078133367016_4329617394610930890_n.jpg

Photo: www.facebook.com/aswinkwanmuang

In light of the exponential surge in COVID-19 infections and the potential for increased transmission in upcountry provinces, Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang today appealed to everyone, currently in Bangkok, not to travel out of the city and to stay at home.

“We are fighting an enemy which is more devastating than any weapon or army.  The enemy keeps multiplying every day and gains the upper hand if we do not change our way of life.  The only way to defeat this enemy is for all of us to do these simple things – practise social distancing and avoid crowded places – and we will weather this crisis together,” said the governor.

In a new directive, issued by the governor today, the public and private sectors have been told to take preventive measures, as recommended by the Public Health Ministry, and to enforce strict social distancing in work places.  They were also told to suspend all activities which will draw even small crowds.

For those who recently went to boxing stadia, entertainment venues or those who had contact with the infected, they must confine themselves at their home or lodgings, monitor their health and see a doctor if they develop symptoms.

Public transport operators were also urged to reduce the number of passengers in each bus and train carriage to avoid close contact.

Realising that many people will be affected by this directive, the governor assured that the Government will develop ways to help them.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-residents-told-not-to-travel-outside-the-city-and-to-at-stay-home/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-03-23

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

6. The government and private sectors should refrain from organising activities that draw people together, such as conferences, training courses, seminars, exhibitions, public events, concerts, drama or movie shootings, or viewing programmes in television studios or live broadcast rooms

This coincides with those Thai entertainment shows ,such as "The Voice".

Bet they still have it though 

Whats going on with Chatuchack market. I hope they had sense to close that

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

General Aswin. hahahahhahaha. Missing an s somewhere. How about lock down Bangkok? Oh so sorry too late…. 100,000 workers have went home out of Bangkok now and are spreading the virus love.

The authorities in the country are totally out of their depth .The job in Thailand is to get the job.Then the work is done [until something that needs a proper soluition happens then medals and uniforms and wais can't cover the incompetence.]

• Like 1

My 90 days notice was up for renewal friday last week. Since immigration has made no announcements, I decided to protect myself and send a younger local motorbike taxi driver to do the renewal, which cost me 200 Baht. Unlike a previous 90 days notification, this time a Power og Attorney was required, so he had to go back and get that and I had to pay twice. As usual the online 90 days notification didn´t work.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There we go, that will stop the virus in its tracks! Add to that most wont comply with any of it. I thought the hot weather in Thailand was a natural preventative according to????. All be over by April wasn’t it supposed to be? All under control wasn’t it! Getting angry when the rest of the world said the numbers were too low. It’s a pity, there are some very intelligent Thai people, my dentist for one. Unfortunately they are trapped in a country run by absolute ........ Ill leave you to fill in the gap with your personal expletive.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 2long said:

As usual, there are a load of cynical expats on here. I actually like and respect this post and feel that (even if things have happened or not happened in the past) he's making a decent effort.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

At least he's not making ridiculous claims or comments like some others in Parliament.

Oh, and if he said nothing, he'd be wrong.

No one needs Google or Reuters or WHO. Just come to TVF for experts and cinics.

Bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted!!!!!

13 hours ago, daiwill60 said:

A bit late now after shutting down Bkk and letting so many crowd into Mochit bus station and board crowded buses to many provinces. 

What would you have suggested in this situation daiwill60....... as so many places (especially bars massage parlors etc) are also their accommodation. There not going to run air electric etc just for them to sleep there, also  many of those workers are solo Mum's have not seen their children , sometimes for months to a year---& worried about their aged parents who look after them-------they were always going to head home.

I am reading that a lot of the east Europeans are doing  the same thing in London as  it closes up.

• Like 2