All ATMs appear to be down (930 25th)

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i don't want to get more weird, but this may have something to do with the government and the state of emergency. maybe the single gateway is being tested or some other control device. or more likely some key bank personal are sick and not at work. Bank IT. and the ATM people who refill and service ATMs. They are traveling all over in their cash mobiles.     

It could be the first.  If there is a curfew and more restrictions maybe a test to see if they can temporarily shut down

So, I bet at this point it is just some test or glitch.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, vogie said:

Could not log in to my Bangkok Bank, but had no problem logging into Kasikorn.

I did some online banking bill pays via BKKB last night and everything was fine then. So whatever's going on must have started sometime overnight or into today.

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

putting all the reports together, it appears to be a BKK bank problem or BKK bank cards in other ATMs.

i was using Bangkok Bank card with the three ATM's this morning. so maybe so.

too lazy now to go test SBC.

On a side note, when I quickly left the house just now to test the ATMs, my Thai neighbors all pointed and held up a mask like "where is yours?" also the six tourists i saw in the 5 minute period all had white masks and where going to the pharmacy. First time I have left the house in two weeks without my mask.   

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

March 25, 2020 at 10:45AM. Wife just made an ATM withdrawal at a krungsri machine on Khao Noi. So they are working.

If machines out of cash they will not dispense, but you should still get a message.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Just to confirm, is anyone having problems other than BKK bank online or BKK bank cards in BKK and other ATMs ??

Not from my end here in Sathon, KBank works, and so does my SCB account. Both at the ATM and on-line as well as the smart app...

At the ATM outside a local branch office, this morning, I got the ‘communication error’ message on the screen twice, but at the third attempt it worked properly.

edit: Bangkok Bank

Edited by damascase
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i was using Bangkok Bank card with the three ATM's this morning. so maybe so.

too lazy now to go test SBC.

On a side note, when I quickly left the house just now to test the ATMs, my Thai neighbors all pointed and held up a mask like "where is yours?" also the six tourists i saw in the 5 minute period all had white masks and where going to the pharmacy. First time I have left the house in two weeks without my mask.   

Image result for Facepalm Meme

Just for you NCC.....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Just to confirm, is anyone having problems other than BKK bank online or BKK bank cards in BKK and other ATMs ??

Bangkok Bank was a problem (mobile APP).

Timeouts, error msgs.

But SCB and Kasikorn looked fine.

Sidenote: PEA app (electricity) dead.

Just read that both PEA and MEA online services crashed due to overload.

Last Friday I milked two ATMs.

Better safe than sorry.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just now, colinneil said:

What ever your on, i want some.:cheesy:????:cheesy:????:cheesy:????

Colin...please calm down....we do not want to see you spinning donuts in your well equipped chair

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wheelchair+spinning+donuts+meme&view=detail&mid=527F3179F7949211F6B6527F3179F7949211F6B6&FORM=VIRE

1 minute ago, longball53098 said:

I just did a FCD to Baht account transfer from my BBL accounts using ibanking,,,,,,,,,,fast and normal,,,,,,,,,,less than 5 minutes ago

10:55 AM

Bangkok Bank mobile app loading... loading...

VEERY slow.

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Thinking...

Is there a hoarding stampede? Anyone knows?

Supermarkets overrun?

Too many online/cashless payments?

no …"the BKK boys" are just rehearsing for the final bank run closing at 26 looking for the right buttons which to push...????

1 minute ago, KhunKenAP said:

Update. Wife just came back and said all other ATM's, around our area were closed. Guess we were lucky to get ours. It is a case of "out of cash" in the machines. Hopefully will be replenished soon.

what bank card?