All ATMs appear to be down (930 25th)

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

more info please.

I my case in Chiangmai, I could not do any online transfert to Bangkok Bank accounts.

I even try to transfert myself from another account to test the system  from  K-Bank to Bangkok Bank.

.All I got was COMMUNICATION ERROR

As I could not pay the  insurance bill,  the Brooker gave me their K-Bank account 

I used it and no problem.

My Bangkok Bank mbanking is now "barely" working...very slow.  But I see that Bt100 transfer between my accts I attempted this morning did occur although when doing the transfer it timed out and I did not get the normal confirmation of success.

14 minutes ago, Pib said:

My Bangkok Bank mbanking is now "barely" working...very slow.  But I see that Bt100 transfer between my accts I attempted this morning did occur although when doing the transfer it timed out and I did not get the normal confirmation of success.

And only 15 minutes later at 3:03pm my Bangkok Bank mbanking is working at full speed again.  Maybe at 3pm they got things fixed.

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

Maybe at 3pm they got things fixed.

I am afraid not. Android app ends with ... system error...

The PC website works fine (received money via transferwise).

PEA still "too busy" :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Or maybe just a problem with your card.   If your card has been blocked, like if it's a foreign card, you can get the same error message which implies it a communication error but really it's your foreign bank disapproving the transaction.

Or, it can be simply a comm error as the message implies in a "selected area."   It's kinda like how the internet can go down in selected errors.

I would also recommend if those 6 different ATMs were the same bank or maybe two different banks is to try ATMs owned by other banks....even banks you have never used.  It may end-up costing your around a Bt20 extra charge to use another bank ATMs, but maybe some other ba

nks are not have comm problems in your area.

I got turned down using  my UK debit card trying to get money from my UK bank only two weeks ago, the bank teller took me outside to the ATM, then a notice came up telling me to contact my bank.

I contacted my UK bank and they said it was not down to them, I have made withdrawals regularly at this Bangkok Bank branch, and never had any problems.

I did make a UK bank withdrawal ten days before that, unless that was the problem.

1 minute ago, seajae said:

tried to pay for something on Lazada and my card(BKK) was refused, luckily the wifes card was also registered and that worked, are they blocking farang accounts now or what

No BKK bank is down atm

Its started....AC had a run on ATMs 10 days ago....expect the same...no shopping without residency, no ATM working, muggings outside supermarkets, road blocks and passes required with only one per week...living in lala land it tends to go over your head...but now reality is kicking in 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

at 14:00 in Hua Hin I tried my Bangkok Bank ATM card in Bangkok Bank ATM.

No cash.

No cash in your account or no cash in the ATM ?

34 minutes ago, seajae said:

tried to pay for something on Lazada and my card(BKK) was refused, luckily the wifes card was also registered and that worked, are they blocking farang accounts now or what

Maybe not blocking farang cards but it does appear to be linked to language, a poster before was saying if you leave the ATM language in Thai, it works. And the app has reverted back to Thai

8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Can confirm. 

Screenshot_20200325_094622_com.bbl.mobilebanking.jpg

I got that error last night on BKK bank app, but accessed via my laptop earlier and its working.  Sent money from Transferwise to Kasikorn instantly a few hours ago and paid my water bill online, everything fine there!

Edited by richiejom

47 minutes ago, seajae said:

I opened a BKK bank account at a large branch a few days ago so I doubt it

Edited by richiejom

We had this very ATM problem this morning at around 11 am. Again at 2pm. Government Savings and Bangkok bank atms. .Rural Kalasin Province. Drove in to city and success at Krungthai ATM.

Bangkok Bank is our bank. Internet banking site ok, transfers too.

Tried ringing the 2 numbers on the card. Both constantly engaged tone.