All ATMs appear to be down (930 25th)

20 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Chiang mai Bangkok banks branches all ATMs are down.

Yes, was told by BKK Bank personnel it's nationwide problem (temporary).  Went to SCB ATM with my BKK Bank card and didn't work either.  But then tried a pink ATM and it worked.  Not sure bank name, think gov bank of some sort.

BKK Bank iBanking seems to be working ok.

Just managed after a long log-in to access my Bangkok Acc and after 3 attempts I transferred 16K to my Kasikorn Acc. Just checked my Kasikorn Acc it shows only 14K has been received, but BB still showing 16K has gone.☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Can login to Bangkok Bank account without problems.

Bangkok Bank BuaLuang online banking via laptop or PC is accessible and never had an issue.

The Bangkok Bank smartphone app is still not available.

• Like 1

Just adding a data point:

Was able to top up my phone via Kasikorn online 10 minutes ago.

Was able to withdraw money from Kasikorn ATM 15 minutes ago.

i had an OK amount of cash but not a lot- but after seeing this thread, did the prudent thing and got more just in case. Hate to be part of a herd run on ATMs, but had to balance against my desire to not be stupid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bangkok ban phone app ....... error.

TMB phone app ........ working normally.

Not tried ATM, glad I purchased that 45Kg bag of rice now.

The gf has managed to find some meat to go with it .........

IMG_20200323_085623.jpg

or maybe that will be the food available in a week from now... ????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

Just managed after a long log-in to access my Bangkok Acc and after 3 attempts I transferred 16K to my Kasikorn Acc. Just checked my Kasikorn Acc it shows only 14K has been received, but BB still showing 16K has gone.☹️

Now Thats What I Call Magic!

tommy+cooper.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pontious said:

The ATM,S have lost the ability to read English. I failed earlier but when I selected 'Thai' it worked fine.

Its that New "Dirty Foreigner" button you needed to push not the one for English.........just saying.......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Wow, no ATMs working at all with all the different banks. This is absolutely insane!! Are they trying to stop anyone from withdrawing any money from any banks before they all have no money or what?

Can you please explain "not working". Were the ATMs offline, or they didn't work with your card? Maybe it is your bank that is offline?

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

I see a lot or people left a laugh reaction to this post. For their information - the virus can remain active on plastic and metal for up to 72 hours. With cardboard and paper the time is around 24 hours, so yes, money should be one of our greatest concerns. It is most important to wash your hands after handling money, and to resist touching your wallet for about 72 hours after a transaction due to the plastic bank cards.... and wash your hands if you do. Last year I caught a bad cold and I'm convinced it came from a lady who had the infection handling my credit card.

ATM touchpads could be one of the greatest risks of all as they are metal and the card slot too, which is plastic.

I agree, handling money is my major concern at the moment. You put your mask on, wash hand entering the shop, stand 1.5m away while queuing, then bang, they hand you a filthy covid ridden banknote in your change.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I just went to Bangkok Bank just now and all the ATMs weren't working.

I asked the staff there what happened and he said they are fixing something in the system software or something.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

Can you please explain "not working". Were the ATMs offline, or they didn't work with your card? Maybe it is your bank that is offline?

They did not work if you selected 'English'. Thai language was fine.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

I see a lot or people left a laugh reaction to this post. For their information - the virus can remain active on plastic and metal for up to 72 hours. With cardboard and paper the time is around 24 hours, so yes, money should be one of our greatest concerns. It is most important to wash your hands after handling money, and to resist touching your wallet for about 72 hours after a transaction due to the plastic bank cards.... and wash your hands if you do. Last year I caught a bad cold and I'm convinced it came from a lady who had the infection handling my credit card.

ATM touchpads could be one of the greatest risks of all as they are metal and the card slot too, which is plastic.

Bang on the money as usual Tropo.

All the future ATMs will have an alcohol spray built in to sanitize the front of the machine, and the money. Although it has been suggested that the actual notes should be sprayed prior to being loaded in. I'm not sure about that one personally

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Managed to get through to my Bangkok Bank in Sattahip, wifey explained the mystery of the missing 2K in the transfer, he said they are updating and things will be back to normal tomorrow.............but if the money still hasn't corrected itself to go down in person to the bank on Friday. Why am I not convinced.????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Helpful post thanks

I assume if your bill is from PEA we will need to wait till its up again?

Did you do this on your phone or the website on a PC?

Did on my computer...at the website I gave earlier.  Best I can figure refunds are via direct deposit to your bank acct "or" credit on your next bill is available as several options are offered in how to receive the refund.  We choose the refund to bank acct method.  It was very easy.   Now just waiting for the refund to arrive the bank acct....how long that will take I have no idea...but I expect it will be batch process X-amount days (or more) later.