All ATMs appear to be down (930 25th)

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

The PEA app, 10:59

An article in Thai confirmed the crash because of some refund action.
Seems millions now rush to get their refund. Brilliant timing.

Screenshot_20200325-105943_PEA Smart Plus.jpg

And so only on Bangkok Bank ….., not very high Tec for that bank  

Just  20 minutes ago I assisted  two old  ladies to extract cash  from an ATM up here in Isaan .Maybe  a localized issue.AS  for PEA there is some scramble on today to sign up for  some something that is  to do  with  an online app. Not a lot of social distancing  in the PEA office  I went to pay the bill.

ps.. it was a  Kasikorn ATM.

Edited by Dumbastheycome
clarification?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

Anything can happen in the next 30 days with the zero thought Thai government shutting everything down.

And announcing state of emergency two days ahead.

And a government that is "highly trusted" by the people.

I am afraid to drive to town and see what is going on at MAKRO or Lotus.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What does "down" mean exactly?

The ATM screens are dark? Don't accept your PIN? Or just won't dispense any cash?

they gave a message saying there is a error at the point of dispensing cash.

all three.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a result of the pre-emptive announcement of tomorrow's State of Emergency yesterday, ATM's have probably had a run. They need restocking. Don't panic.

Historically, the Bangkok Bank app has frequent outages with the same message. Don't panic.

The PEA recently issued refunds which are belatedly being claimed ahead of the pending period of uncertainty. Don't panic.

PS: Don't panic.

...and don't forget to keep washing your hands!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

have you ever been in a huge earthquake or hurricane like I have when there are no services? 

Food followed by cash is number one in your "Go Bag."

Anything can happen in the next 30 days with the zero thought Thai government shutting everything down.

It is why when you see the beginning of a long tunnel with no light at the end, you start to slowly stock your shelves in your pantry, and load the freezer with whats needed.  Start making meals and then freeze these for later, and ensure you have the necessary items to take care of yourself and family.  I feel sorry for those that only look one day ahead, or do not have a safety net because of their circumstances to ensure they can ride out the storm....My girlfriend finally understands it after watching the news on TV and on her Facebook feed.  She now can understand why always having a security net means you can survive calmly instead of wildly running around and screaming that your hair is on fire.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wife's just been to Bangkok Bank (Samui) and they have confirmed there is a problem with their internet system/ATM's...maybe back to normal tomorrow

Edited by Neilly
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i don't want to get more weird, but this may have something to do with the government and the state of emergency. maybe the single gateway is being tested or some other control device. or more likely some key bank personal are sick and not at work. Bank IT. and the ATM people who refill and service ATMs. They are traveling all over in their cash mobiles.     

You may well be right.

I am sure Internet censorship will increase under the state of emergency. They will decide how much info we will receive

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're confident the electricity will stay on?

I'm buying shelf stable goods.

Rice, sugar, flour, cans, jars, oil, bottles.

same here but i was not going to do the frozen thing but i give in and did frozen raw chicken. never had a plastic freezer box until now. or a microwave for ready made stuff.

i do have a big gas tank for my kitchen and a smaller "camper" style burner.