All ATMs appear to be down (930 25th)

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe they are pushing an update out, but then everyone using the app should have received a message.

I received an email from Bkb a couple of days ago about upcoming on-line work can't remember date though must be today.

13 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

This is probably unrelated but if anyone else is getting this, would be good to know. It started happening recently although I think it may be because my phone is rooted.

Disregard, fixed it with RootCloak. (Xposed Module). So root issues confirmed. I'll leave the post up in case anyone else is having the same issue with the latest version of Bangkok Bank. I can login with no issues now. Still can't login, after password it gives the internet problems error, but seems like everyone is having the same issue.

Edited by Greyhat

Maybe related to this:

There was a campaign last night asking people to donate 20 baht to a Covid-19 fund, and then ask 20 friends to do the same.

It seems that they have already raised over 1 million baht.

12 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

This is probably unrelated but if anyone else is getting this, would be good to know. It started happening recently although I think it may be because my phone is rooted.

Screenshot_2020-03-25-12-12-42.png

Been getting the same error all morning, and couldn't top up from AIS app or website with the ATM card.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

The PEA app, 10:59

An article in Thai confirmed the crash because of some refund action.
Seems millions now rush to get their refund. Brilliant timing.

Screenshot_20200325-105943_PEA Smart Plus.jpg

The electric deposit refund surely has something to do with the overload.  After seeing above and living in Bangkok where my home is service by MEA vs PEA, I logged onto the MEA  website at:

https://www.mea.or.th/refund/

image.png.a31450f359416d3f2e13ff409b6836cb.png

The Registration Process/Enter Site icon shows a person the various ways to get the deposit refund....a PDF document all in Thai language but with a little help for Google Translate and the Thai wife we figure it out. 

After many clicks on the Register for Refud of Collateral/Enter the website we were in.   Used the way were the person just enter their 13 digit Thai ID card (i.e., the Thai wife's since the electric acct was registered in her name).  To our surprise after entering her ID card number the system immediately came back and said a 4,000 baht deposit was available for refund.  You are then offer several options to receive the refund...we selected deposit into her KrungThai Bank acct.  One more click and it said the refund was approved and given a control number. 

I guess we now wait and see if the Bt4,000 refund actually shows up.....or maybe only Bt2,000 will only be refunded out of that Bt4,000.  It's been less than an hour since completing the online deposit refund process....still no money showing transferred to the wife's KTB acct, but I expect MEA will first do some more double checking before actually sending the refund which could take X-amount of days.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

Received my normal transfer from TW at Kasikorn about 9.30 it was very fast, used a Krung Sri ATM no problem a bit later. In my experience it is in no way uncommon to have problems with ATM here. I dont like Bangkok Bank so very rarely use theirs. Kasikorn are often out of smaller notes and have swallowed 2 cards in 10 years, something thats never happened anywhere else. Krung Sri are more likely to have the blank screen or windows loading etc. Never the less seeing the thread title did jolt me into reading it as the missus is adamant the Thai Gov is going to steal everyones 800k, a monk told her.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dayward1 said:

It's due to mass amounts of people receiving refunds on electric meters is what my missus just told me, as reported on the news.

What has this to do with the banks, refunds on electric meters are deducted from the monthly fee.

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

What has this to do with the banks, refunds on electric meters are deducted from the monthly fee.

I don't know, but Channel 3 reported on the fact that mass people were getting refunds on electric is the reason (according to my missus).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dayward1 said:

I don't know, but Channel 3 reported on the fact that mass people were getting refunds on electric is the reason (according to my missus).

That's consistent with other reports and what I saw in an article in Thai language.

Can only repeat: excellent timing, one day after announcing state of emergency.

Stupid as can be.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And announcing state of emergency two days ahead.

And a government that is "highly trusted" by the people.

I am afraid to drive to town and see what is going on at MAKRO or Lotus.

Macro in P'lok seemed business as usual today, until I came to pay with my Bkk Bank card. Cash saved the day, and the Tappers!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Macro in P'lok seemed business as usual today, until I came to pay with my Bkk Bank card. Cash saved the day, and the Tappers!

Cross my fingers that Makro will be business as usual here.

Won't go before Friday.

Cash stacked last Friday.

57 minutes ago, Pib said:

The electric deposit refund surely has something to do with the overload.  After seeing above and living in Bangkok where my home is service by MEA vs PEA, I logged onto the MEA  website at:

https://www.mea.or.th/refund/

image.png.a31450f359416d3f2e13ff409b6836cb.png

The Registration Process/Enter Site icon shows a person the various ways to get the deposit refund....a PDF document all in Thai language but with a little help for Google Translate and the Thai wife we figure it out. 

After many clicks on the Register for Refud of Collateral/Enter the website we were in.   Used the way were the person just enter their 13 digit Thai ID card (i.e., the Thai wife's since the electric acct was registered in her name).  To our surprise after entering her ID card number the system immediately came back and said a 4,000 baht deposit was available for refund.  You are then offer several options to receive the refund...we selected deposit into her KrungThai Bank acct.  One more click and it said the refund was approved and given a control number. 

I guess we now wait and see if the Bt4,000 refund actually shows up.....or maybe only Bt2,000 will only be refunded out of that Bt4,000.  It's been less than an hour since completing the online deposit refund process....still no money showing transferred to the wife's KTB acct, but I expect MEA will first do some more double checking before actually sending the refund which could take X-amount of days.  Time will tell.

Helpful post thanks

I assume if your bill is from PEA we will need to wait till its up again?

Did you do this on your phone or the website on a PC?