Stay away from Pattaya imigration

1 minute ago, 1 said:

I can't say for certain about the elite Visa but I can't tell you that I did an OA extension with that agent no problem super simple 12500b

Did they get around insurance requirement?? Sounds ridiculously cheap if they did.

4 minutes ago, Mulambana said:
40 minutes ago, champers said:

You can send the wife or girlfriend. Give them 100 Baht for a slap up noodle dish and everyone is happy.

5 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

I don't think Thai ladies are that stupid. They have known to chew many Farangs and spit them away.

Too right! Madam Moon would never fall for that one. I wouldn't even dare try . Luckily we live in the sticks and even doing a 90 day in person is little more than a minor interruption to the day's pleasures.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zikomat said:

This is exactly what I went through there on Monday. The tent, the heat, the hundreds of others in the closest proximity... Social distancing for farangs Thai immigration style.

P.S> The great immigration stuff? And who organized it all this way?

First time i would actually pay an agent!!!

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

500 baht is usual for a days work, not 5 minutes!

Damn having your work done for you ,having to stay in line for few hours in the heat between all those people with the danger of being infected and complaining about 500 baht ???? What's up with you ??

I went to Pattaya immigration yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon around 2. Yes there was a big line. Like Hans said, look around. Wire basket with "90 day report" sign. Drop into basket, get a number and about 10 min later tops got my passport back.

Look around, check things out before giving up or paying an agent to basically do nothing for you

My saw the poor fools waiting under the tent in the parking lot at the "Pattaya Immigrations" which is not in Pattaya.  I use an agent who handles EVERYTHING and have use her for 3 years....Non-O , 90 reporting everything.   I don't want to sound cruel but if you can't afford to use a good agent, maybe you should go home.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

My saw the poor fools waiting under the tent in the parking lot at the "Pattaya Immigrations" which is not in Pattaya.  I use an agent who handles EVERYTHING and have use her for 3 years....Non-O , 90 reporting everything.   I don't want to sound cruel but if you can't afford to use a good agent, maybe you should go home.

I don't want to sound cruel but if you can't figure out where Pattaya is, you're probably too stupid not to use an agent or else go home.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

I can confirm that the getting the 90 day report done at Jomtien took about 20 minutes yesterday. However, It took over 6 hours to get my Non-Imm (Thai Wife) done. Forever in the long line, only to be told to come back after lunch. Go get a full bank statement. Make more copies of passport pages. Each time, get a new number. At 3pm we had 20 people ahead of us and we had been there since 9:30. Just a wonderful day.

15 hours ago, jesimps said:

Have tried the app several times and it doesn't work for me.

I take it when you say "app", you mean phone. Not surprising, there are so many phone operating systems they cannot all be tested.

Try a computer, simpler than you think. Been using it since it started and although offline at times, never been a problem.

13 hours ago, Formaleins said:

I think you need to install a pirate copy of Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 to get it to work as that is likely what is was designed to run on.

Has worked ok for me over the years on Win 7 and Win 10 using Internet Explorer.

19 hours ago, thequietman said:

Astounding! The level of unpreparedness is astounding. Just do what the Philippines did and defer until this covid issue has been resolved. 

Come On Thailand - get your act 2gether. ????

What exactly did the Philippines defer?  I'm not aware of anything being differed.  Also the Philippines was, and is. hardly prepared.  It is mass confusion and mass conflicting edicts, lock downs, curfews and checkpoints.   

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Has worked ok for me over the years on Win 7 and Win 10 using Internet Explorer.

I did my recent one Feb 11 on my laptop, Windows 10 Home version using Chrome which remembers my input from the last time I reported so all I have to do is click each box and it auto-fills. Really can't get any easier.

• Like 1

Anyone know an agent in Ban Chang or Rayong, can't seem to find one, did the 90 day today was minimal hassle but had invalid wife with me, she wasn't comfortable or happy, we showed up at 11:30 told to come back at 1300, got there 15 minutes early and were about 10th in line. #2 for 90day reporting...Still nice folks at Immigration and some old dude with mohawk said he drove bike from BKK to there as it wasn't as crowded, not sure what he was there for... anyhow once we got in the door wasn't 15 minutes and we was out.. My first 90 day report and had to be shown what to do but very courteous staff there. 

On 3/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, DrJack54 said:

One option is to not do a 90 day report. 

Eventually when you do on in few months time you will be fined 2000baht. 

why GIVE THEM 2 K when it could be possible to get signed in, either by going to IMM or do online??

23 hours ago, sandyf said:

I take it when you say "app", you mean phone. Not surprising, there are so many phone operating systems they cannot all be tested.

Try a computer, simpler than you think. Been using it since it started and although offline at times, never been a problem.

There are only 2 mobile operating systems, iOS and Android and the app works if you know how to use it. 

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There are only 2 mobile operating systems, iOS and Android and the app works if you know how to use it. 

Technically correct, but how many versions of each is there?

I have it on good authority from a VPN software provider that mobile phone companies tailor the version of Android being used to suit the device. They admitted they only test a certain number of phones and on the version being sold at the time.

I would doubt if the immigration app had been tested more extensively. I would also agree that a large number of the complaints are probably operator error.

36 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Technically correct, but how many versions of each is there?

I have it on good authority from a VPN software provider that mobile phone companies tailor the version of Android being used to suit the device. They admitted they only test a certain number of phones and on the version being sold at the time.

I would doubt if the immigration app had been tested more extensively. I would also agree that a large number of the complaints are probably operator error.

If a person using an Android phone with a very old version,like 4= KitKat, then he might have a problem,but that version can't even get updated anymore. Anywhere. Some people having problems with the 90 days report and even when using the website, they are doing something wrong,like filling in the fields without the *

Don't do that. Some don't have a clue about the -15 to -7 days window. Outside that window it's not possible to do it. Some haven't done the first 90 days report in person. That's a must. A very few might have a new passport issued in Thailand, then you can't do it either. There are many reasons why everyone doesn't succeed. I'm staying 5 min from immigration and normally don't mind spending 3-4 min inside. They've got an excellent air-con. My next report is late in May and hopefully the situation has changed for the better. But who knows? 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

The online app does not work. Mail is too slow. They leave us with little choice. The app is the biggest joke ever perpetrated by Immigration. It is simply NON-functional.

If you think doing it by mail is to slow you could send it by EMS (express mail service). Then put the about 40 baht worth of stamps on the return envelope for EMS.

Online reporting does work for many people.