Video: Thai professor comes up with a cheap "UV light" to beat the virus

webfact

mrs wanted to give me a Bah Bah Bor clip o'er the ear'ole when we got to the supermarkets; when I insisted on grabbing one of the hot shopping trolleys sitting in the Sun! 

Couldn't convince her anger to quell, with my suggestion the sun rays have a lot of fringe benefits UV init - better than a Dentists steriliser box? (if left out in the sunshine for long enough? 

• Like 1

A Google search with his name showed nothing else than this post on TV. 

Considering HOW these Professors get their PhD's, for example in the Philippines, speaks more than a thousand words.

There's no information on the internet about a guy who found THE solution? 5555555555555555555555555555555555

Those who believe that he's right should read some more interesting stuff of people who know their shi+e.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

is it properly grounded?

is she properly grounded? could be dangerous.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was in the Tilac bar on soi cowboy, Songkran circa 1992 during a water fight inside when some of the poles were going live? Anyway........................................

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Unfortunately, UV water purifiers need to be run in tandem with filters, otherwise nasty oocytes such as giardia and cryptosporidia visit the intestinal tract. Your travails in Buriram would feel like a week in Hoo the Hef's Playboy mansion in comparison.

Me, I keep it simple. If I want clean water, I boil it.

Thanks Mr. Gryllis, Ive had it. 

I saw a program once, years ago, where Russian surgeons used this method to operate on a woman in her living room as she couldn't be moved to a hospital, they had to sterilise her living room first using UV before using the knife. The Thai prof probably saw the same program.

17 minutes ago, sungod said:

Did I ever tell you about the time I was in the Tilac bar on soi cowboy, Songkran circa 1992 during a water fight inside when some of the poles were going live? Anyway........................................

When you know the professionalism of Thai electricians, it is obviously scary.

Actually there are UV-C lamps for sale with 10 seconds countdown and 30 minutes timer that are told to kill viruses and bacteria in about 5 metre radius from about 500 to about 12000 baht for more sophisticated models (such that have automatic shutters, sensors to detect any people walking in, etc.

Got mine from Lazada but Chinese online retailers also sell many of them.

264 nm UV light is apparently very effective at killing viruses and bacteria. Posted link 2 months ago when this started, can't bother to find it now. It was research done post SARS epidemic.

• Like 1