Private lakes boost Phuket water supply as Bang Wad falls to 8.3% capacity

webfact

Private lakes boost Phuket water supply as Bang Wad falls to 8.3% capacity

The Phuket New

1585223194_1-org.jpg

Bang Wad reservoir pictured yesterday (Mar 25). Photo: PWA

PHUKET: Three private lakes have been dedicated to feed the island’s mains water supply to help homes struggling with low water supply, or no supply at all.

Phuket Vice Governor Wongsakorn Nunchukan earlier this week led an inspection of the small lakes, located in Srisoonthorn and Koh Kaew.

Joining Vice Governor Wongsakorn were Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) Chief Graisorn Mahamad, Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) Phuket office Chief Prapan Kanprasang, and other officials.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/private-lakes-boost-phuket-water-supply-as-bang-wad-falls-to-8-3-capacity-75456.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-27

No town water for around six weeks where i live up north,damn glad i had a bore put in about 2 weeks ago,water truck before that,was starting to get expensive,as i have a large garden,we have had a bit of rain,but no where near enough to sustain the plants,hope the bore does not run dry,52 metre's down it shouldn't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

glad i had a bore put in about 2 weeks ago

That was a good idea. Mind telling how much that cost?

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Just as well most of the tourists have now gone. Phuket simply does not have the water resources to sustain the high season.

It's completely ridicolous that Phuket as one of the main tourist destinations cannot supply essentials like water to its residents. And this problem has been going on for how many years? The only way to explain it is to assume those who profit have a say.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

That was a good idea. Mind telling how much that cost?

It's completely ridicolous that Phuket as one of the main tourist destinations cannot supply essentials like water to its residents. And this problem has been going on for how many years? The only way to explain it is to assume those who profit have a say.

Yes ,the charged me a flat rate of 15,000 baht for drilling,some charge by the metre,so this considering they went 52 metres was an excellent deal,i had to buy all the pipes ,submersible pump ect,which they put in.They found water at 22 metre but the boss was not satisfied so they drilled another 30,and hit what my gf described as the eye of the water,which i took to mean a large artesian deposit,all up about 26/27,000 baht,crystal clear water unlike the town water which stank and was a dirty brown. One tip remove the ballcock from your tank,takes forever to fill and if you forget and the bore is running and the ballcock shuts off the flow you will burn out the pump,also run the bore at about one hour periods then have a break,this allows water to fill the pipe again,leave for an hour or so then you can pump again.

14 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Yes ,the charged me a flat rate of 15,000 baht for drilling,some charge by the metre,so this considering they went 52 metres was an excellent deal,i had to buy all the pipes ,submersible pump ect,which they put in.They found water at 22 metre but the boss was not satisfied so they drilled another 30,and hit what my gf described as the eye of the water,which i took to mean a large artesian deposit,all up about 26/27,000 baht,crystal clear water unlike the town water which stank and was a dirty brown. One tip remove the ballcock from your tank,takes forever to fill and if you forget and the bore is running and the ballcock shuts off the flow you will burn out the pump,also run the bore at about one hour periods then have a break,this allows water to fill the pipe again,leave for an hour or so then you can pump again.

Clearly not Phuket prices. A 52m well would cost nearer 200,000 baht here. Our water table is over 40m mark and I can only run pump max 30 minutes with 30 minute rest.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Clearly not Phuket prices. A 52m well would cost nearer 200,000 baht here. Our water table is over 40m mark and I can only run pump max 30 minutes with 30 minute rest.

Yea seemed awfully cheap to me as well. Assumed that because this is Phuket News that he was located in Phuket but that can't be.

7 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

No town water for around six weeks where i live up north,damn glad i had a bore put in about 2 weeks ago,water truck before that,was starting to get expensive,as i have a large garden,we have had a bit of rain,but no where near enough to sustain the plants,hope the bore does not run dry,52 metre's down it shouldn't.

Maybe it is time to consider switching to sustainable   plants best able to  survive under these types of conditions.

15 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Maybe it is time to consider switching to sustainable   plants best able to  survive under these types of conditions.

Most of them are,it's mainly the potted plants around the pool that suffer,must say the yucca's are enjoying the hot dry weather,most of the palms and mangoes okay,only a few that need constant water,as for the lawn,great if you like burnt brown,but no way am i watering that,it will have to wait for the wet season.