With claps and chants Thais salute medical personnel on Covid-19 frontlines

webfact

With claps and chants Thais salute medical personnel on Covid-19 frontlines

By The Nation

screenshot_10806.jpg

video screenshot

Thai people united on Sunday (March 29) to hail the work of medical personnel and send encouragement to everyone working hard to fight the new coronavirus (Covid 19).

For five minutes -- from 8pm to 8.05pm -- in many areas throughout Thailand, people joined in a clapping activity to provide moral support with many shouting and some even singing "keep fighting".

At the same time, in the social media world, they shared a lot of clapping clips together with the hashtag #เสียงปรบมือคือกำลังใจ or #ClapBecauseWeCare

You can watch some of their videos below:

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385057

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-30
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

At the same time, in the social media world, they shared a lot of clapping clips together with the hashtag #เสียงปรบมือคือกำลังใจ or #ClapBecauseWeCare

had to read it 2 times and still can't believe, all for the show off .... 555

Edited by Mavideol
spelling
  • Sad 1

Exactly, it happened last night in front of my BigC on the steps to ground floor entrance. Several rows of staff standing several feet apart with paper fans spelling out bigC and held aloof. Thanks to my fluency in Thai, I caught the words of "hospital" and "covid sip kao" - put two and two together and figured it was a show put on for the video clip they were taking reserved for social media later. The whole "show" lasted less than 5 minutes...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, watthong said:

Exactly, it happened last night in front of my BigC on the steps to ground floor entrance. Several rows of staff standing several feet apart with paper fans spelling out bigC and held aloof. Thanks to my fluency in Thai, I caught the words of "hospital" and "covid sip kao" - put two and two together and figured it was a show put on for the video clip they were taking reserved for social media later. The whole "show" lasted less than 5 minutes...

and maybe they called it social distancing

same as the thoughts and prayers nonsense ....people still in desperate need for attention .... #clapBecauseDontForgetAboutME

after all this over, maybe the world should take a look at the panic and post virus problems the massive over reaction social media will have mostly caused

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How about instead of clapping and chanting, the government actually provide the country's doctors and nurses and other medical staff with enough N95 masks and other protective equipment to keep them safe while doing their jobs???

How about instead of mocking their clapping you do a little yourself to help with medical supplies?

1790698791_GoWith20(5).jpg.ee3b827407426e5ae434d18978193a95.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

How about instead of mocking their clapping you do a little yourself to help with medical supplies?

Isn't that what the government was supposed to do?

Give away 5000 Thb to the masses, and ask for them back as "tambun" to healthcare workers.

Reminds me of my wife giving money to her mom. And mom goes to temple and donate money for a better life for us......... - why not cut out the middleman?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

But this was ordinary Thais showing their appreciation for all the doctors and nurses working on their behalf.

I wonder if the government and all its ministers would get a reception like that from ordinary Thais. ????

In one word

"NO". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyFax said:

Sorry, far too busy taking the p1ss and criticising the average Thai who is endeavouring to show some appreciation. 

Hopefully karma might catch-up with some of the keyword warriors - then you will hear a far different tune from them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

I remember ????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Are_Old,_Father_William

"You are old, Father William," the young man said,
    "And your hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on your head—
    Do you think, at your age, it is right?"

"In my youth," Father William replied to his son,
    "I feared it might injure the brain;
But now that I'm perfectly sure I have none,
    Why, I do it again and again."

"You are old," said the youth, "as I mentioned before,
    And have grown most uncommonly fat;
Yet you turned a back-somersault in at the door—
    Pray, what is the reason of that?"

And there is more.........

They even got my name right and some of the description about my size.

Edited by billd766
added extra text