Covid-19 Extension Questions from an American With a Visa Exempt Status

Hey all,

Just a few questions regarding the required documentation I need to succeed in getting the Visa Extension in this Covid Situation.

My situation: 

-I'm an American who flew into Bangkok on February 9th (having been in Indonesia several months) with a standard Visa exemption.

-I then extended at Bangkok Immigration on March 3rd.  My extension of stay expires on April 8th. 

-I've emailed the American embassy with necessary information and await the required extension letter to be returned via email.

-I have my Passport, 1900 baht, my tm6 departure card.

-I plan on visiting the newly set up immigration office near Impact on either the 7th or the 8th of April.

-I am currently staying at a hotel, paying per week.

Questions: 

-What else will I be required to bring to the immigration office?  I have read the American embassy website faq, and I've read the Thai Immigration site, but am confused.

-Do I need to show proof of residency under my current circumstances extending a visa exemption? (I would have done a visa run under regular circumstances, but I digress)

-Will I need to show bank statements, maps of my location, etc etc?

-Is there a link to the exact requirements somewhere?

Thankyou for any and all information that can help me in this situation.

I have seen reports that the emergency extensions for those who already have the regular extension must be done at Chaengwattana, not at Muang Thong Thani. Hopefully someone will confirm.

Although I do not think this is a problem in Bangkok, some offices are insisting on a guarantee from your hotel that you will stay there for the entire duration of your extension. Again, hopefully someone will be along to confirm that this does not apply in Bangkok.

My Tuesday/Wednesday, it will probably all be different.

Good luck!

You will need a letter from the US embassy to apply for your 2nd extension. Contact them by email at [email protected] . You will need to provide the following.

• your full name as it appears in your passport
  • your date of birth
  • your U.S. passport number

Source: https://th.usembassy.gov/covid-19-faq/

You will apply for it at the the temporary office a Muang Thong Thani. You will just need proof of where you are staying. They do not require all the stuff needed at some other office.